9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
aardvark2 said:
Hi all,

I really need help..

I have submitted my application for PR under Spouse sponsorship and together with that, also an open work permit.
The Immigration call centre people told me that i do not need to apply for extension of my stay as visitor due to the fact that the open work permit is already enough to extend my stay.
Now that my visitors status has expired. An immigration consultant has told me that I need to renew my visitors permit.
What should I do? My visitors pass has already been expired almost 2 months now. should i really renew it? or i dont need to?

Additional info: My Visitor permit expires on 23rd January, I submitted my application for PR and OWP 22nd January and they received it on 24th January.
As for the Immigration call centre agent, as long as i "sent" the documents before my status expires, it is ok.

Please advise...

Thanks.
Your consultant is either greedy or an idiot.

The Open Work Permit application IF you applied Inland (To Vegreville) gives you Implied Status. You don't need another Visitor's permit.

aardvark2

Mar 17, 2013
@amikety.. thank you very much for your reply. It is reassuring to know that i dont have to restore my status, but as for the timeline of my expiry of visa and the date i sent application and the date that they received it. Is it okay??

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
aardvark2 said:
@ amikety.. thank you very much for your reply. It is reassuring to know that i dont have to restore my status, but as for the timeline of my expiry of visa and the date i sent application and the date that they received it. Is it okay??
As long as they got your application before your status expires, you're fine. Have you gotten AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) yet? If yes - print it out and keep a copy in your wallet/purse/briefcase, etc. That way if a situation ever comes up, you have proof.

You did apply Inland? To Vegreville? That part is important.

aardvark2

Mar 17, 2013
amikety said:
As long as they got your application before your status expires, you're fine. Have you gotten AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) yet? If yes - print it out and keep a copy in your wallet/purse/briefcase, etc. That way if a situation ever comes up, you have proof.

You did apply Inland? To Vegreville? That part is important.
Yes, i applied inland to vegreville.
But the acknowledge of receipt says they received it on 24th January. My status expires on 23rd January. I "sent" the application 22nd January.
Is that a problem?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
aardvark2 said:
Yes, i applied inland to vegreville.
But the acknowledge of receipt says they received it on 24th January. My status expires on 23rd January. I "sent" the application 22nd January.
Is that a problem?
Well, then they technically didn't have your application when your status expired. I'm not sure if they would honor the postmark for the date or use their recieved date.

aardvark2

Mar 17, 2013
amikety said:
Well, then they technically didn't have your application when your status expired. I'm not sure if they would honor the postmark for the date or use their recieved date.
i know... thats why i am worried..

Open Work Permit – Sponsorship of a Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
If a spouse or common-law partner is sponsored from inside Canada, they can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553). This application must be sent before their status expires in the same envelope as the sponsorship application. This will allow them to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time their application for permanent residence is *approved in principle.
If their status expires before the application for permanent residence is approved in principle, they will still have a legal status in Canada. This is called implied status. Please note that the open work permit will only be issued once the application for permanent residence is approved in principle. Visit our Web site to see how long it may take to get approval in principle.
If the sponsored person did not send an open work permit application with their permanent residence application, they can send it, by mail, at any time while it is in process by writing Open Work Permit - Application for permanent residence in Canada - Spouse or common-law partner on the top of the form. They should also include proof that the permanent residence application was submitted. The open work permit application cannot be submitted online.
Please note that they must keep a legal status in Canada during the entire process of their application for permanent residence.
*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members.

though it says sent before expiry.. i really want to make sure. do you think i should just also apply to restore my visit visa?

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
Guys I have a very bad news!

Before I go on with my story: basically my package was placed in a large box (think of a large shoebox), in it were:

1 envelope containing sponsor's forms and supporting documents

1 envelope containing sponsored person's forms and supporting documents

A clear plastic bag containing huge amount of relationship proofs

A CIC agent from CPC-M directly called me a few minutes ago, to confirm that she had my parcel, and told me that she "found no applications"! Which means, that the 2 envelopes are somehow missing (even though we did put them in the box)..........VERY strange!

No wonder there's no AOR!

The good news is: she got all of the relationship proofs!

So now we have to redo all the forms, get a new police certificate for my wife, because she's not sure whether Singapore would accept copies of those.

Copies of Option C and employment letter are acceptable, though.

*Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Lv.f

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 14 - 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 5 - 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 19 - 2013 (SA)
Med's Done....
Dec 20 - 2012
fandv said:

Before I go on with my story: basically my package was placed in a large box (think of a large shoebox), in it were:

A CIC agent from CPC-M directly called me a few minutes ago, to confirm that she had my parcel, and told me that she "found no applications"! Which means, that the 2 envelopes are somehow missing (even though we did put them in the box)..........VERY strange!

So now we have to redo all the forms, get a new police certificate for my wife, because she's not sure whether Singapore would accept copies of those.

Not entirely bad news! At least they received your relationship proofs and it won't take long to fill out the application again! Maybe they will take it on faster when they receive it, to match it up with your file :)

Very very odd that half the documents in your box were missing :S

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
Lv.f said:
Maybe they will take it on faster when they receive it, to match it up with your file :)

Very very odd that half the documents in your box were missing :S
Yes faster, she did mention it too.....not sure how much faster though....

And yes ultra strange that the envelopes are gone missing.......my wife and I witnessed the box having everything intact.......

Lv.f

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 14 - 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 5 - 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 19 - 2013 (SA)
Med's Done....
Dec 20 - 2012
fandv said:
Yes faster, she did mention it too.....not sure how much faster though....

And yes ultra strange that the envelopes are gone missing.......my wife and I witnessed the box having everything intact.......
Maybe file a complaint to whichever company shipped your item!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Sorry to hear fandv :(

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
fandv said:

Oh my! anyway the proofs are safe! Hope you still have all the SOFT COPIES of your application forms.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
amikety said:
Sorry to hear fandv :(
Thanks Sir Amikety :'( (are you really a Sir? ;D )

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Polgas said:
Oh my! anyway the proofs are safe! Hope you still have all the SOFT COPIES of your application forms.
Fortunately we do! Even we have photographs of how the original application looked like... :)

But it's really gonna take a while to recompile everything =/