File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
nanediniz said:
Hey Guys. How's everyone doing?

I have a question. I emailed CIC SPVO last Friday asking for any information on my application, and they replied to me today saying they received my application in SPVO on March 12th and they will start pre-analyzing it this week.
What does pre-analyzing means? :-\
Once they open my package, what is the average time it will take until PPR?
I am so anxious! (as everybody else) :(
Your comments will be highly appreciated. ;)
Hi there,

I suspect the "pre-analyzing" will mean that they will go through your file and ensure that all the right forms/ certificates and correct applications are all there before commencing the process.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. Have a great week!

David

Mangi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21st 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 7th 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 18th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28th 2012
Passport Req..
Mar 9th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
Hi guys...
I finally receive a reply from the NDVO yest... they say.. your application is awaiting a review from a visa officer... :eek: what does a review exactly mean??? does it mean.. they haven't opened my package yet??? or does it mean the security checks????

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Mangi said:
Hi guys...
I finally receive a reply from the NDVO yest... they say.. your application is awaiting a review from a visa officer... :eek: what does a review exactly mean??? does it mean.. they haven't opened my package yet??? or does it mean the security checks????
A review of your file is what they say when they are verifying all the paperwork is correct. That is the same email I received from the London VO.

Cheers!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
davidmarsden38 said:
Hi there,

I suspect the "pre-analyzing" will mean that they will go through your file and ensure that all the right forms/ certificates and correct applications are all there before commencing the process.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. Have a great week!

David
Thank you David ;D

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Hi there,

We are "In Process" on ECAS!

Today was the first time I have seen it, but it says that it went in process on May 28 (for anyone who'd like to update the spreadsheet.

Great timing as we sold our home and move into our temporary pre-Canada accommodation in two days!

:)

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
sctv said:
Hi there,

We are "In Process" on ECAS!

Today was the first time I have seen it, but it says that it went in process on May 28 (for anyone who'd like to update the spreadsheet.

Great timing as we sold our home and move into our temporary pre-Canada accommodation in two days!

:)
Great news SCTV!
You didn't have Passport Request Yet? I thought E-Cas would change only after PPR...

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
nanediniz said:
Great news SCTV!
You didn't have Passport Request Yet? I thought E-Cas would change only after PPR...
Thanks so much!

My wife is British so there wont be a passport request.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
sctv said:
Thanks so much!

My wife is British so there wont be a passport request.
Awesome news!

I too went into "In Process" about 7 weeks ago and still waiting. I hope yours goes far quicker than mine is!

All the best! Cheers!

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Awesome news!

I too went into "In Process" about 7 weeks ago and still waiting. I hope yours goes far quicker than mine is!

All the best! Cheers!
Wow, that seems quite out of the ordinary? Any reasons your case may have a snag?

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
sctv said:
Wow, that seems quite out of the ordinary? Any reasons your case may have a snag?
Not sure.

I guess it may have to do with when I lived, worked and studied in the USA. However, I included a Floridian, Californian and FBI background check so it's anyones guess.

Do you know who your immigration officer is? Usually it is a 3 letter code at the bottom of their emails.

Cheers!

julyashar

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
waiting waiting .........................
VISA ISSUED...
waiting waiting ........
LANDED..........
waiting waiting ....
So do I recieved e-mail from NDVO. I had send email on april 18 got reply on Monday saying that application is currently pending inital review.I guess they will start reviewing file sometime this week. finger crossed to recieve ppr this month and decesion made by july.:)
Mangi said:
Hi guys...

Mrs.Carreon

Jun 5, 2013
Hello,

I've read your tips for sponsorship and I must say it helped a lot. I am planning to sponsor my husband. All papers are signed and I'm about to pass it when I realized that my permanent resident card is expired already. I immediately mailed all the necessary documents to immigration for PR renewal. But I'm just wondering if it's possible to include the photocopy of my old PR card in the sponsor application while I'm waiting for my new PR card. The processing time for PR card is 100 days and I don't want to wait that long to pass my sponsorship application :( I've tried calling the immigration but the call agents say different things. One advised me that my old PR card is okay provided that I write an explanation. The other two said that I can't because it's not valid anymore. :( now I don't know what to do..

Thank you so much in advance!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Mrs.Carreon said:
Hello,

I've read your tips for sponsorship and I must say it helped a lot. I am planning to sponsor my husband. All papers are signed and I'm about to pass it when I realized that my permanent resident card is expired already. I immediately mailed all the necessary documents to immigration for PR renewal. But I'm just wondering if it's possible to include the photocopy of my old PR card in the sponsor application while I'm waiting for my new PR card. The processing time for PR card is 100 days and I don't want to wait that long to pass my sponsorship application :( I've tried calling the immigration but the call agents say different things. One advised me that my old PR card is okay provided that I write an explanation. The other two said that I can't because it's not valid anymore. :( now I don't know what to do..

If it was me, I would work my way through the application and send it off with a photocopy of my old card. Be sure to include a letter explaining your situation and let them know you have started applying. Perhaps include a copy of the proof of payment for your new card?

In the meantime, apply for your new PR card as you normally would.

Any senior posters have any advice?

Thanks!

ththev

Mar 31, 2013
I have some news as well.
My e-cas has changed to decision made 2 days ago. Im waiting for them to contact me now!

:D

Lv.f

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 14 - 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 5 - 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 19 - 2013 (SA)
Med's Done....
Dec 20 - 2012
Mrs.Carreon said:
Hello,

I have a consultant for my case and even though my passport is expired he advised me to send it in with a copy of my expired passport, asking for an exemption of the rules to have a valid passport, explaining we have done the necessary things to apply for a passport. And so far, we've gotten the sponsorship approval and our file is in Vienna. I am waiting for my passport to come in any day now! Hope that helps :)