File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Finally! an accurate update! :D :D :D ;D People need to have some realistic expectations about this wait... otherwise it leads to nothing but anxiety and worry (where the heck is my AOR, etc) ahhh

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
but really, this is such an annoying process! We still haven't received any AOR from Buffalo. And of course, you get less information from the VO time lines/sites.

And no further info on ecas either. Just Decision Made under sponsor and Application Received our applicant. I really wish they were more efficient, but I guess they have a great volume of applications.

Anyway, again, cheers to the accurate processing time for CIC-M! The latter half of Jan apps should be hearing something real real soon!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Amoss said:
Finally! an accurate update! :D :D :D ;D People need to have some realistic expectations about this wait... otherwise it leads to nothing but anxiety and worry (where the heck is my AOR, etc) ahhh
It used to be 30 days. When did these long waits start? Was it when they put out the bar code forms on their website?

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
amira_mais said:
Fadil, unfortunately you may have to do what a former New Delhi applicant did - he was an Indian citizen working in Australia; when he got the PPR, he could see no choice except to return to India and waited 7 months until his visa was issued. Basically an enforced 7 month vacation. Why on earth Delhi asks for passports long before making PR decisions is baffling.

Now that your file has been transferred to Delhi, perhaps you could preemptively ask them to wait until they're ready to issue your visa before requesting the passport. The fact that you live and work in the Gulf, and would have to possibly give up your employment and twiddle your thumbs in India for x number of months would be good grounds to make the request. Can't hurt to ask at any rate.
Amira_mais,

I will either call or email the New Delhi office and request for PPR at the end of the process (i.e. when they are ready to issue my visa)

A worst case sienario, if I have to take x month(s) vacation, I may lose my job? ??? ???

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
It used to be 30 days. When did these long waits start? Was it when they put out the bar code forms on their website?
Yeah, plus it's really all over the place anyway. I mean if you look at the Jan spreadsheet, you have plenty around the 50 day time frame, and then a few over 70 or even 80... That's a huge difference.

I don't know when the barcode system was initiated... but if it is the culprit, it might explain why mine is in the 70 day time frame as opposed to the 50-odd days.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amoss said:
Yeah, plus it's really all over the place anyway. I mean if you look at the Jan spreadsheet, you have plenty around the 50 day time frame, and then a few over 70 or even 80... That's a huge difference.

I don't know when the barcode system was initiated... but if it is the culprit, it might explain why mine is in the 70 day time frame as opposed to the 50-odd days.
The bar code is supposed to help processing. The new e forms are supposed to be a good thing for both of us (sponsor/applicant) and CIC. The forms are smart in the sense it will delete unnecessary pages. Also barcodes can be scanned ...
When I saw processing times dropped from 70 to 50, I immediately thought it is due to use of electronic forms.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I wonder if they have had 'teething problems' with the new barcode form. My line of work is pretty different from theirs but I often find when making efficiency changes like that, things do get worse for a short time before they get better, and there's a period of getting used to the new way of doing things and also ironing out any problems.

Of course they've had the barcodes on the IMM0008 for months so I'm not sure what part of the concept they'd be struggling with, but maybe there are other technical issues with it.

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
Our information is live on e-cas now. :)

Under sponsorship approval status, it shows that,we have received application. But we have received email its already approved and the application has been forwarded to New Delhi Visa office for further processing. ???

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
fadil80 said:
Our information is live on e-cas now. :)

Under sponsorship approval status, it shows that,we have received application. But we have received email its already approved and the application has been forwarded to New Delhi Visa office for further processing. ???
In a way, I find this comforting because our ecas still says: application received under the heading: applicant. Last I heard, I was approved as a sponsor as of March 20th, which was 17 days ago... I'd like to know that it is at the VO, but maybe ecas is not accurate... especially if you know yours is at the VO and ecas doesn't say so.

Pen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 23, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2012
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 15, 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2012
has anyone got the approval that was well past 55 days and DIDN'T have to call CIC once? i'm past 70 days now and i haven't called yet, i wonder if it makes any difference if i call? anyone? thanks

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hey everyone :) sorry i've been away for my own sanity...actually i told myself to stay away from this 1 week and i managed 1 day ::) LOL

welcome again to the new members, congrats on the AOR's approvals ppr's!!!! whatever else u celebrate...Gemini did u get the visa yet? ;D can't believe still how fast it was for u!!! me, in my wildest dreams i hope for the end of the year NOT end of the month LOL

Pen, u don't need to call....once they pass ur submission date u could start calling...what the agent tells is not official, the official thing is the letter or email which everyone gets....but if they send a letter it might take maybe 10 days to get it so if u call during that time u would know sooner :)

as for old forms / new forms talks: the old forms r valid as long as they were sent until the end of March; so now they still have both old forms and new forms and yes as someone said i'm sure that even if the bar code system will be more efficient, now, at its initial stage they probably have issues scanning it correctly, maybe they still need to type things manually or double-check;

ocanadaguy good luck with ur MP :) i'm sure u'll get good news soon :)

as for the medicals: CIC has different medical departments in the world which actually store the results etc (for the ones who do the medicals in Middle East for example, the medicals r sent first to London or Paris and then to the visa office)....the processing of medicals has nothing to do with the processing of files....usually the medicals might arrive to the VO before the actual file and then they will match it to the actual file when they r at that step of checking; meanwhile, if they want to make sure abt some medical conditions and someone needs to re-do a test or do a few tests more they would ask soon after the medicals were done....hope this clarifies the confusion

OMG the processing date went backwards :eek: at least it's accurate now :)

happy Easter for those celebrating this week!! :) have a nice long weekend :)

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Hi Guys.. well just before I left for work (heard the phone ringing when I was walking away from the front door).. my MP called me to talk about what is going on.. I explained to her everything and she said that she will email me a consent form to sign and fax back, then she will personally look into this and try to get to the bottom of it. So that was pretty fast! I will call CIC this morning, see if anything new is happening.. and if not.. I am faxing that paper away ASAP. I am still calling every day to see what is going on.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
I have a client Id :) I have a Client Id :) and one more thing.... I have a Client Id :) YES YES YES, I am SO happy!!! I already knew for 30 minutes and writing it on here completely slipped my mind :) last day before Long weekend in Canada.. The lady said it shows nothing yet, because the person must have just started entering information... She said keep checking online and my email... She asked if I want instructions on how to check my status online.. I said no.. I've been checking several times a day since January :) Then she's like.. "is there anything else I can help you with today?"... I said "Yes there is... You can give me a Passport Request" :) hehe.... Worth a try!! haha!

I am in an entirely different mood today... Anyone else.. just call today.. I kept calling every day this week and finally heard of a little progress.. Emailed my MP back and thanked her for offering but it looks like things are under control.. I still said that the Website is (was) ridiculously misleading.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
woooow finally very happy for u ;D congraaaaaats LoL it's like tye joy for an approval or ppr ;) so that lady finally gave it to u over the phone? so u r in their system finally!!!! :) anyway it's good that u r in touch with ur MP and that she sounds nice and helpful but hope u won't need at all her help anymore ;)

i was getting worried for u too: u said u filled in the old forms (like us) and sometimes i get extremely anxious that maybe they won't all respect what they said on the site (that the forms were still ok until the end of March) but if u have client id it means that they r processing it and soon u'll get the approval :)

msc

Apr 3, 2011
approval letter received March 27

Got my client ID & spousal sponsorship acceptance in Mail.

The post office receipt said Mississauga office PO box received it Jan. 17. My letter of acceptance was dated March 27th.