Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mountain_pirate said:
I haven't the foggiest idea. With the good Dr. debunking my theory of Spring Break, now I don't even have any far fetched theories to console me.
haha we need some inside intel A friend of friend is OK something to keep us sane other than the theory of Jan 2012 batch is from Mars.

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
83 days in mississauga!

last week,I called the call center and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Today I received a call and they told me they have my file, they have problems, to be patient, and give them time until late April. So nothing new. This is another performance of the conservative majority government!

http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
How reluctant were they to let you speak to a supervisor?

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Dr Eng X said:
haha we need some inside intel A friend of friend is OK something to keep us sane other than the theory of Jan 2012 batch is from Mars.
Apparently they'd a computer system upgrades too which would explain such poorly maintain electronic records. That'd explain why some people are getting straight to approval and even file transfer without AOR. Once again, these are merely theories, trying to rationalize the irrationality that is CIC.

nelmul

Jan 4, 2012
Hi Guys and Girls,

i have been trying to get hold of the high commission in london. its terrible! i know the voice recording off my heart now!

i just want to ask.. i want to plan a holiday in JUNE, not sure if i should. what do you guys think? does anyone know the implications of doing so? Also, when they do request your passport how long they have it for?

Thank you, nelmul

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
alf+jlh said:
Congrats!

Does this mean you are nearing the end or is your visa office one that asks for it right at the beginning of the review?

Just curious.

Either way it's awesome
I never thought of that. I assumed it meant we were done. It says to come to vienna on Tuesdays or Thursdays to drop off the passport and we can pick it up at 3pm...with the visa I am assuming...that's what's happened to the people in the Vienna thread. Oh no, now you got me wondering :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Gemini1 said:
I never thought of that. I assumed it meant we were done. It says to come to vienna on Tuesdays or Thursdays to drop off the passport and we can pick it up at 3pm...with the visa I am assuming...that's what's happened to the people in the Vienna thread. Oh no, now you got me wondering :)
No don't be worried ,,sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

I believe new delhi asks for it right away and because yours came through so fast I thought I would enquire

If u get it back the same day I'm sure it means you are done.

If in fact you are done that's is extremely record timing and soooo awesome!

If u ask in the Vienna thread let me know.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Gemini1 said:
Incredibly fast! Yes you are getting the visa soon!

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
alf+jlh said:
No don't be worried ,,sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

I believe new delhi asks for it right away and because yours came through so fast I thought I would enquire

If u get it back the same day I'm sure it means you are done.

If in fact you are done that's is extremely record timing and soooo awesome!

If u ask in the Vienna thread let me know.
Well we aren't going to drive all the way to Vienna just to give in a passport. From what I read on Vienna thread, everyone has gone and given the passport and gotten visa that day. I will check though and let you know. This means our whole process was under 3 months. Pretty good for a 9 month prediceted time. Chin up everyone with long waiting times...it could be faster :)

jazzi2001

Jan 17, 2012
Hey,

I would just like to add myself to the Jan spreadsheet:

App Filed: Jan 17 CPC-M
AOR: None
Sponsor Approval: March 27th (as stated in letter)
VO: New Delhi

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Gemini1 said:
Well we aren't going to drive all the way to Vienna just to give in a passport. From what I read on Vienna thread, everyone has gone and given the passport and gotten visa that day. I will check though and let you know. This means our whole process was under 3 months. Pretty good for a 9 month prediceted time. Chin up everyone with long waiting times...it could be faster :)
Is Vienna typically lightning fast?

I am hoping by the time my app gets to Mexico they will be sitting there tapping their fingers on their desks since they haven't been getting any apps recently. I can dream.

Aleli_FAITH

Apr 3, 2012
Hello Everyone!!!

A newbie here ;)
Just wondrin whats happening on Jan 18,2012 applcations?!( cz am one of them)
anyone??? where u able to get aor/apprvl already? been sicked waitn this longgggg :(

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Aleli_FAITH said:
Hello Everyone!!!

A newbie here ;)
Just wondrin whats happening on Jan 18,2012 applcations?!( cz am one of them)
anyone??? where u able to get aor/apprvl already? been sicked waitn this longgggg :(
Welcome to the forum. Here is link the spreadsheet that gives you an idea of where everyone is at. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmxynnoT1qeadGJZWUlfekZUbm9YTVJuVzNFejU3eGc#gid=0

As far as I know, there's only one Jan 18 approval so far. I'm Jan 19 myself and waiting.

Aleli_FAITH

Apr 3, 2012
Mountain_pirate, i appreciate your response.
sigh*
Anyone, do you have contacts# to CIC-M? cz i just called CS and they've been telling me that my apps is not on their system yet and to call back in 3 months? To sum it up it would be like 6 months bfre they open my app? :mad: :(
Unluckily, i did not rcvd any confrmation if my file is wth them. nothing... where would it be, where? sigh again!!!