08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
missmini said:
actually the closed embassy was the faster one (at least on paper)...now they will either send it where we reside (very slooooooow) or to the one which replaces the closed one (which is new in this and has no timelines at all)...time will tell....let's get the sponsor approval first ;)

abt the police certificate it's different from country to country; on the ones we got now and i had before (3 different countries) it's written valid 90 days; some embassies will ask for new ones some won't....the embassies which usually take longer than 1 year ask for new ones when they r ready to issue the visa

also it does not matter that it passed 3 months already, as long as they were valid when Missisauga said the application was received it's fine :)
I hope it will be a blessing in disguise for you. Maybe the new office will have very few applications and be lightening fast.

Im so glad the police cert date isnt an urgent issue. I think it took me 3 months just to get that! Ha

I wonder if anyone has traveled to one of the countries with fast VO just to get expedited PR?

Yes we have an early Jan applicant who got PPR about 2.5 weeks ago. Im excited to hear if he has approval yet. It seems to me, if they ask for your passport, it musthave been approved already or why would they need it?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
-FIREFLY- said:
I hope it will be a blessing in disguise for you. Maybe the new office will have very few applications and be lightening fast.

Im so glad the police cert date isnt an urgent issue. I think it took me 3 months just to get that! Ha

I wonder if anyone has traveled to one of the countries with fast VO just to get expedited PR?

Yes we have an early Jan applicant who got PPR about 2.5 weeks ago. Im excited to hear if he has approval yet. It seems to me, if they ask for your passport, it musthave been approved already or why would they need it?
thank u :-* hope the same for u!!!! :D

some offices ask for the passport as soon as they receive the application (new delhi is one, i think manila also); they want to have everything from the beginning to process faster; but the problem is like u said, for some people, it might take longer and they stay without their passport :eek: :eek: :eek: it has no logic :-\

yes i did hear of people from slow offices goi or them to give people more headache)....for example there r many foreign workers in the Gulf (which has very slow processing times); people in general mostly Indians, Filipinos, Middle East will ask the office of the country of citizenship but many files r sent in the Gulf anyways....Indians for example would wait maybe 2 years instead of 6 months :eek: :eek: not too fair but what can we do, the system is as it is ::) ::) ::) :mad:

bp832

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
AOR Received.
Never received...
File Transfer...
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
December 13, 2011
Interview........
waived!
Passport Req..
October 30th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 14, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
missmini said:

some offices ask for the passport as soon as they receive the application (new delhi is one, i think manila also); they want to have everything from the beginning to process faster; but the problem is like u said, for some people, it might take longer and they stay without their passport :eek: :eek: :eek: it has no logic :-\

yes i did hear of people from slow offices goi or them to give people more headache)....for example there r many foreign workers in the Gulf (which has very slow processing times); people in general mostly Indians, Filipinos, Middle East will ask the office of the country of citizenship but many files r sent in the Gulf anyways....Indians for example would wait maybe 2 years instead of 6 months :eek: :eek: not too fair but what can we do, the system is as it is ::) ::) ::) :mad:

Whaaaaat, you can do this?? I thought it had to be sent to the processing office for the country of citizenship?

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Amoss said:
It sounds bad, but I would just try to be patient (trust me, I know it is hard to be patient!). I really get the impression that CIC-M is going through changes and have a huge backlog. Unfortunately, we Januarians seem to be the ones paying the price. I have faith that it is all just a matter of time.

Also, when I called regarding my app about 2 weeks ago, I got the same reply as you (no record of it), but then received an AOR a couple days after that phone call.
Thanks for your info. You receive AOR in email or regular mail? Same situation here, they received on Jan. 18 and no record when I called last Thur.

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
-FIREFLY- said:

Hi Firefly,

If you are referring to me...then yeah I got my PPR long back (Mar 1st). My wife sent her Passport Mar 2nd and it reached them Mar 3rd. Ever since, I havent heard anything from them. Just waiting...waiting....waiting :(

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:

curious why indians apply through gulf VO why not apply from india VO since processing times are faster

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
Hi All! I just called the Call centre. They said they have no record of my application! The agent took note of my tracking number, my name and address. He said to call back in 1 month!! Is this a joke? They 'received' the package on Jan 24. I am terrified that it is lost! Anyone else in the same situation? Is there anyone else that sent their package around Jan 24 and no response?

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Bobbi said:
Hi All! I just called the Call centre. They said they have no record of my application! The agent took note of my tracking number, my name and address. He said to call back in 1 month!! Is this a joke? They 'received' the package on Jan 24. I am terrified that it is lost! Anyone else in the same situation? Is there anyone else that sent their package around Jan 24 and no response?
Same here, Canada Post showed they received on Jan. 18, no record either here and asked me to call me in 1 month, it can be up to 3 MONTHS to get Mississauga response.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Bobbi said:
From what I've seen - the computer system is messed up so they might not have record of your application on the computer but that does not mean it hasn't been looked at and moved on. Eventually you'll hear something but the wait is hard. There's no way a ton of applications were lost. They're just a chaotic mess over there right now! I have a feeling I'll be waiting three months. :(

MayPike

Dec 8, 2011
I'm in January applicant also, My husband just sent our application last January 16.... I am counting the days till the Immigration contact him for developments, I am thinkin positive:)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hi Firefly,

If you are referring to me...then yeah I got my PPR long back (Mar 1st). My wife sent her Passport Mar 2nd and it reached them Mar 3rd. Ever since, I havent heard anything from them. Just waiting...waiting....waiting :(
Srinivas Vadapalli its so great to hear from you. I know a few of us have been curious and wishing you good news. Im under the impression that even when a decision has been made, we might not get notification for 2weeks. I hope you hear on april 1st that you had approval on March 15th. :)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Does anyone know, is eCAS an exact match of the information the call centre sees? Are they just logging into eCAS when you call?

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
-FIREFLY- said:
Srinivas Vadapalli its so great to hear from you. I know a few of us have been curious and wishing you good news. Im under the impression that even when a decision has been made, we might not get notification for 2weeks. I hope you hear on april 1st that you had approval on March 15th. :)
Thanks Firefly...I wish your words come true very soon

msc

Apr 3, 2011
iacrossnation, xtin51887 & avocodoand cheese -- Yes.. we are all about the same time for submitting spousal sponsorship to Mississauga. As I said, post office says it was received Jan 17, so I'm waiting for Record of Receiving. Other posts seem to say they got a notice dated 2 months exactly after submission so I'm not yet worried about no news.

It's comforting to know we're all waiting (ie: there is no problem).

Please post if you get any news.

aakulkarni

Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
whizbee said:
Hi. What date did they recieve your application?
embassy received on 17th jan , as i am looking in forum their are many people like us .