waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
whizbee said:
Thanks missmini and Dr Eng X. Where can I find the receipt number? I just have the tracking number from when I couriered the application. Absolutely no communication from them after that.
well didn't the sponsor pay the application fees? if he did it by credit card he got the confirmation and the official receipt number (starts with R and many digits)...that receipt confirmation was supposed to be filled in and sent with the application but maybe u have kept a copy (or if u got it by email u can still have it there)

no worries, many of us didn't get any sort of communication from them either!!!! :)

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
ksunny said:
Your receipt number is the serial number that was on the payment you made the Immigration Canada for the PR application. If you did it by mail, it should be on the top right hand side but most likely you did on the internet so you should have kept a copy for yourself and it will have a confirmation number on it.

For me, that didn't work. It only worked a week after I received my AOR and I used our Application No.

Hope this helps!
Thank you! I will try logging in with that.

@ missmini - Thanks! It's been more than two months now so I am kinda feeling tense but knowing that others are in the same boat as me is preventing a nervous breakdown hehe :p

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
missmini said:
yes the receipt number is one of the option but from what i've seen in dec thread and here it never worked for anyone ::) an old client id could work (like it did for indian_spouse)....but if u don't have that either then the only way is to patiently wait for the AOR or the direct approval ;)
what does that escp mean n how can i check status i do always check but its always same i put clint id my unique id dob n country of birth is there any way to check file plz help

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
ok dec thread what is that i dont understand i applied on june 2010 n than likewise thy ask me doc n i sent them since than no updates its 2010 n mid of march m worried

msc

Apr 3, 2011
I sent my outland sponsorship to Mississauga on January 16, 2012. I have received no response.
My question: How do they contact you to say this AOR? (that they received it?).

I tried to check application status online with my receipt # but got no response.

Thanks!

xtin51887

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Imus, Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2012
Med's Request
n/a
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
apr 20, 2012; passport received: apr 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
VISA RECEIVED: 20-07-2012
msc said:
I sent my outland sponsorship to Mississauga on January 16, 2012. I have received no response.
My question: How do they contact you to say this AOR? (that they received it?).

I tried to check application status online with my receipt # but got no response.

Thanks!
hey there!

Our Situation is just the same. Application sent January 16, 2012 and as per the post office it will be receive on January 18, 2012. Unfortunately, We havent received any response. Even an acknowledgement letter that they received the application. NO EMAILS, NO LETTER for 63 days!!! :(

We our still waiting... waiting...waiting....

Godbless! :)

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
xtin51887 said:
hey there!

Our Situation is just the same. Application sent January 16, 2012 and as per the post office it will be receive on January 18, 2012. Unfortunately, We havent received any response. Even an acknowledgement letter that they received the application. NO EMAILS, NO LETTER for 63 days!!! :(

We our still waiting... waiting...waiting....

Godbless! :)

Hi, I am in the same position as you and the post above. My app was received on Jan. 5 and I still have not received any correspondence from them. My husband called CIC on Friday and was disconnected at 4p even though he was already on the call with a person!

He called again today and they told him that they cannot find him (the sponsor) but that they can find me, but only "partial record." The officer said that she would send a message to Mississauga to check on the status and that we should call back in a few weeks. I'm not waiting that long to call back!

:(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
CIC is a mess right now! This is awful. I can only imagine how long it will take those of us in February to get approval!

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi, I am in the same position as you and the post above. My app was received on Jan. 5 and I still have not received any correspondence from them. My husband called CIC on Friday and was disconnected at 4p even though he was already on the call with a person!

He called again today and they told him that they cannot find him (the sponsor) but that they can find me, but only "partial record." The officer said that she would send a message to Mississauga to check on the status and that we should call back in a few weeks. I'm not waiting that long to call back!

:(
avocadosandcheese, xtin51887 and msc, I am in the same situation with you. Nothing happenes on our application, no record, no email, no mail, can't access through e-cas after we sent on Jan. 16 ... Please keep me posted if you get anything. Thanks.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
-FIREFLY- said:
Congrats guys! :)

Just got off the phone with CIC. sponsorship is still "in process" and they say they can't send an email to the case officer until its been in process for a month (even though they started processing around 60 days after receiving it.) sigh

This information might be useful to someone. CIC told us, when it says "medical received" that means your application has arrived at your outside VO.
She also told us, medical is valid for one year. I thought I read 6 months one place and 3 months on this forum. I'm confused.

(wishing you good news today alf+jlh!!!)
Hmmmm, not sure whether you read my story. We applied at same time, and last week when i called CIC the lady help me in sending email to case officer and after two days i called them back again and got good news its approved and that they sent me letter on March15. I just saw my Ecase status upated to decision made and also medicals received(Good to know from your that once medical received then application is already in VO office).
Try calling again and again we never know.

Good luck...

Cheers...

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Hi again all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or experience to share:

I am from US and am the applicant. Husband is Canadian and the sponsor. I have been visiting him in Canada since November 2011. I am in process of applying for a passport extension, so I can stay with him until we hear about permanent resident approval. Has anyone done this?? They ask you how long you want to be extended for, and I'm not sure how long to say. Also, has anyone gone home (like to the US for me) and then been allowed/or denied re-entry? I want to know if I have good luck to go home for a visit, then be allowed back in.

Thanks!!

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
XAVIER14 said:
congratsss....silverfox status of our ecas are the same :)
congrats xavier14! hope our ppr will come soon. ;)

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi again all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or experience to share:

I am from US and am the applicant. Husband is Canadian and the sponsor. I have been visiting him in Canada since November 2011. I am in process of applying for a passport extension, so I can stay with him until we hear about permanent resident approval. Has anyone done this?? They ask you how long you want to be extended for, and I'm not sure how long to say. Also, has anyone gone home (like to the US for me) and then been allowed/or denied re-entry? I want to know if I have good luck to go home for a visit, then be allowed back in.

Thanks!!
Just my guessing - It's US passport extension or Canadian visa extension? If it's US passport, they usually issue another 10 years. If it's Canadian visa, why not try to get another 1 year? If you hold US passport, as long as you stay here no more than 6 months, there is no any excuse to refuse your next entry.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
missmini said:
hii Firefly!!! thanks for sharing it with us it's interesting both the inquiry email and abt the medicals :) it's ok ur turn will come :)
FYI different documents have different expiry dates; the medicals r valid for one year or one year since u took the x-ray if it didn't happen in the same day; usually the police certificates r valid 3 months; and the 6 months ones, well maybe some documents from some specific countries r valid 6 months too, but didn't hear abt it :p

also don't take e-cas word per word; some officers will never update it; it gives u a vague idea and maybe overall picture of the process but it also has plenty of bugs ::) of course it also depends on the VO and specific officers; hmm i wonder if they say which embassy has the medicals (we r part of a group where the embassy we wrote down is now closed and it will not b clear for some time which embassy will process => and where the medicals were sent LOL) i guess somehow we'll know when the time comes :) ;) we take it step by step ;)

good luck everyone....hope we'll have a faboulous week (like the nice spring weather) with lots of good news and activity in our table (busy week for Amanda ;))
missmini

Heavens, closed embassy, I hope they end up sending your application to a FASTER VO if that is the case!

Oh dear... my police certificate was issued 3 months ago... I'm guessing if it takes another month to send on to my VO, they'll be expecting new police certificates? Or does it only need to be valid for Mississauga?

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
-FIREFLY- said:
missmini

Heavens, closed embassy, I hope they end up sending your application to a FASTER VO if that is the case!

Oh dear... my police certificate was issued 3 months ago... I'm guessing if it takes another month to send on to my VO, they'll be expecting new police certificates? Or does it only need to be valid for Mississauga?
This is a good question! My husband had to obtain 5 police record checks all with vastly different app procedures and timing. At this point, nearly 3 months later... :-[