Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You came to Canada as a refugee claimant and you're sponsoring your husband for PR, and his file has already been transferred to the visa office at Cairo.....and was never transferred to the pilot office at CPC-Ottawa.....is that correct? Can you please post your timeline? Have you tried posting in the Cairo thread?
habone said:
hi my is habone i came canada as refuge clame and the worry about my husband process in cairo they ask hime because i was waiting hime long time recently they ask hime application and police fingers print med exam his passaport and some other documents if submite all thise how long it will do have idia please please help i lost and so worry because i mom along in canada i need your help

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
thanks so much for the reply :)

ddobro2 said:
You update your timeline by going to "Profile" and then "Forum Related Information." I think you need at least one more post in order to be able to do this, by the way. Communications from CIC can come either by email or post. You track through e-cas and GCMS notes.

KAKUNA

Dec 5, 2011
habone said:
hi my is habone i came canada as refuge clame and the worry about my husband process in cairo they ask hime because i was waiting hime long time recently they ask hime application and police fingers print med exam his passaport and some other documents if submite all thise how long it will do have idia please please help i lost and so worry because i mom along in canada i need your help
Hi Habone if they asked him to bring passport and if he done Medical the maximum time u could spent is 2 - 3 month so I think you are in the right truck you don't need to get worried specialy if he has given file number the thing is over just relax you gonna see your hus very soon.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
KAKUNA said:
Hi Habone if they asked him to bring passport and if he done Medical the maximum time u could spent is 2 - 3 month so I think you are in the right truck you don't need to get worried specialy if he has given file number the thing is over just relax you gonna see your hus very soon.
Did you guys apply in January?

Just asking cause we haven't seen you in here before and this is a January thread.

General questions should be posted on the main board, that way all members can read and help answer... Try your specific vo threads too...

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
indian_spouse said:
GOOD LUCK!!! TO ALL OF US...
CANT WAIT TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS....

HOW DO I UPDATE MY APPlication STATUS HERE? file was sent on 10th jan, reached on 13th jan, medicals done on 8th dec 2011....VO- new delhi, awaiting sponsor approval...

i have a feeling, my husband will get a mail from CIC in this week for sponsorship approval.....and here's praying all of us in this waiting game, get to hear good news in this week, itself... oh pls god :)))

but someone pls guide, i wish to know,how does it work... first the mail comes from CIC that they have received the app and they are working on it and post that,they will let us know on the status of sponsorship approval(which again comes through email? or by post?) how we keep a track of the file, once we get to hear from CIC that they have given sponsorship approval?
after that, how long does it take for them to send the file to Local VO? is there any way to track, that when the file has reached VO and whats happening there....?
Thanks!

All the very Best to all of us...... Indeed, this is our WEEK :))

I got Email from CIC on saturday, stating they received my sponsorship application on Jan11th2012 its an AOR, i am waiting for appoval still...Ur husband might receive one soon i guess. All the best.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

How do you get client ID? And where do you call to ask the progress of the application? Can we check the progress online? Too many questions.:)

Thanks in advance.

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
OMG!!! Thank you all so much for telling me it would be ok!! I got Approval today!!! What amazing timing, I am actually here in Canada visiting for Sprng Break. It came traditional postal mail. We never got anything via email and no AOR. Just the approval letter in the mail. The letter is dated March 6th.

So relieved this first part is over. :D :D :D :D

And hope and patience to you all waiting - we did provide an email address but I guess whoever processed it likes the old fashioned way.

We can't log into ecas yet but we now have a client ID number!

Thank you all sooo much for your support!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
podkayne8 said:
OMG!!! Thank you all so much for telling me it would be ok!! I got Approval today!!! What amazing timing, I am actually here in Canada visiting for Sprng Break. It came traditional postal mail. We never got anything via email and no AOR. Just the approval letter in the mail. The letter is dated March 6th.

And hope and patience to you all waiting - we did provide an email address but I guess whoever processed it likes the old fashioned way.

Congratulations!
You so deserved to be e first good news in this long stretch.

I just went to the mailbox before the gym really hoping I would hear something, maybe tomorrow :)

When I was working on our application I kept all of our papers in a box of the side of the bed where my husband slept, I decided that tonight I'm going to put our copy of the entire application back in my husbands spot for one good luck!

I excited to hear something but I'm so happy for the rest of you too!

Podkayne, you and I and I think one other person are the only American applicants so I'll be following your time line close.

I'm just eating dinner and will update the spreadsheet so you are in the green!

Congrats again :)

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
pearl75 said:
Hello everyone.

How do you get client ID? And where do you call to ask the progress of the application? Can we check the progress online? Too many questions.:)

Thanks in advance.
I think you get client ID when CPC first replies to you. If they send you a notice acknowledging receipt of your application I believe you will have a client ID number (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Or you might end up like me and never receive the aor, but you do get it for sure with your approval letter.

You can try to check your status online http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp using your receipt number. You can phone to check from within Canada to: 1-888-242‑2100. I am not sure what the number to call from outside is.

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
alf+jlh said:
Congratulations!
You so deserved to be e first good news in this long stretch.

I just went to the mailbox before the gym really hoping I would hear something, maybe tomorrow :)

When I was working on our application I kept all of our papers in a box of the side of the bed where my husband slept, I decided that tonight I'm going to put our copy of the entire application back in my husbands spot for one good luck!

I excited to hear something but I'm so happy for the rest of you too!

Podkayne, you and I and I think one other person are the only American applicants so I'll be following your time line close.

I'm just eating dinner and will update the spreadsheet so you are in the green!

Seriously, thanks again for your positivity. You and several of the others have helped keep me sane for this stretch. Now for the long haul! I am sure yours will turn up shortly. Mine is dated exactly 2 months from the date my application arrived, but only showed up today. Wohooo I will be happy to see a change by name finally! on that spreadsheet! lol

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
podkayne8 said:
Seriously, thanks again for your positivity. You and several of the others have helped keep me sane for this stretch. Now for the long haul! I am sure yours will turn up shortly. Mine is dated exactly 2 months from the date my application arrived, but only showed up today. Wohooo I will be happy to see a change by name finally! on that spreadsheet! lol
I really am happy for you and the others, if I did anything I'm glad I could help!...of course I wish I was on the same page as you it's fine. At least I know they have our app.

I'm excited for more updates!

Keep em comin'!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you podkayne8 and congratulations on your good news. Happy for you :)

podkayne8 said:
I think you get client ID when CPC first replies to you. If they send you a notice acknowledging receipt of your application I believe you will have a client ID number (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Or you might end up like me and never receive the aor, but you do get it for sure with your approval letter.

You can try to check your status online http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp using your receipt number. You can phone to check from within Canada to: 1-888-242‑2100. I am not sure what the number to call from outside is.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
podkayne8 said:

YAY! :) I can feel your excitement!! It must feel so good! I am very happy for you! I hope we hear from them this week too

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
alf+jlh said:

My husband and I are the other Buffalonian! Watching you guys too ;)