Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to help ;) You have the option of using the receipt number (starts with R) on the payment receipt too, by the way. That, of course, is available immediately (UCI can be available immediately too, assuming you have some prior interaction with CIC). Point is, though, the more information you give it to work with, the better chance it'll be able to log you in.
alf+jlh said:
Just an option.... Thanks ddboro (I saw you posted something About this in the Bufallo thread!)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Appreciate your work towards this thread Amanda.

i just entered my wife's case in the tracker and signed up for the updates to my email.

How's everything goin on?
Still waiting for approval!

I'm not discouraged, I get it takes time....

Im Also waiting to read any updates for the rest of our group!

I bought a condo 4+ years ago (and we think this process is long lol) before my husband and I were serious and it's finally going to be ready in may... My husband and i are super excited to finally have a place we can call home together...so Im keeping myself busy with decorating ideas. Of course work keeps me busy too, but I can never get this process off the fore front of my mind,both condo and immigration!

Hopefully this week brings more good news...it surely boosts our spirits when we see positive movement.

Cypher

Feb 7, 2012
Hi all:
Quick update on my wife's application.
I was getting nervous about her application for the past week as we did not hear anything from CIC-M since the Feb. 7 about AOR. Anyway, called them up today and found out the application was approved on Feb 16 and Seoul Office already has our file now.
What a relief. ;D
Don't know why I didn't get the approval email, but anyhow everything's cool now.

Cheers ;)

Cypher

Feb 7, 2012
Have u given them a call to find out what's your application status?
You never know what they might tell you

Cheers

alf+jlh said:
Still waiting for approval!

I'm not discouraged, I get it takes time....

Im Also waiting to read any updates for the rest of our group!

I bought a condo 4+ years ago (and we think this process is long lol) before my husband and I were serious and it's finally going to be ready in may... My husband and i are super excited to finally have a place we can call home together...so Im keeping myself busy with decorating ideas. Of course work keeps me busy too, but I can never get this process off the fore front of my mind,both condo and immigration!

Hopefully this week brings more good news...it surely boosts our spirits when we see positive movement.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Cypher said:
Have u given them a call to find out what's your application status?
You never know what they might tell you

Cheers
I've been thinking about you guys...I'm so glad all is well!

No haven't called yet...wanted to wait until it at least says that they are working on apps after jan 11. If by the end of this week I still am in the dark Ill probably call. It's only been a few days (weekdays) since I got AOR so I'll wait a bit more.

Congrats on your approval, I'll update the spreadsheet ASAP!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
ocanadaguy said:
while you're on the phone with them.. ask about what's up with my app ok Amanda? :) There's a decent chance the date they are processing will be somewhere around the time we sent in apps.. Congrats Cypher! Finally some good news this week.. today was awfully quiet.
Hahaha ok will do! ;D

We know they are working on apps received later than what's posted, but I can bet they would tell me to wait until the website says my date!

And yes it has been quiet, hopefully tomorrow is better.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Cypher said:
Hi all:
Quick update on my wife's application.
I was getting nervous about her application for the past week as we did not hear anything from CIC-M since the Feb. 7 about AOR. Anyway, called them up today and found out the application was approved on Feb 16 and Seoul Office already has our file now.
What a relief. ;D
Don't know why I didn't get the approval email, but anyhow everything's cool now.

Cheers ;)
congrats Cypher! did they give you your client id as well?

everyone, don't lose hope in the week ahead, it's only Monday =)

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
pelipeli said:

Hi pelipeli ... u r right, hopefully we will have good news for everyone for the next 4 days ... :) . The week has just begun ...

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ddobro2 said:
I interpreted you as saying that you're the Canadian citizen sponsor, but you immigrated earlier and thus were assigned a UCI at the time. I'm pretty sure the UCI (xxxx-xxxx, eight numeric digits) that you were assigned years ago would be the same one that Mississauga would include in its sponsorship approval letter. I would check this myself but I don't know where my husband's PR card is, if it's still here at all. In any case, I doubt it is a huge problem if you did not include it in the payment receipt as they have other ways of identifying you. By the way, if you enter all your possible log-in information in e-CAS tracker, it will try to log you in daily and then email you when it succeeds and with what information.
thanks soooo much ddobro...always helpful and always around :) yes u assumed everything correct, i will see if they use the same number or not (it is 8 digits :eek:) the thing is before i was my mom's dependent so all my info was related to hers and now it's different thing, we'll see :)
yes i know abt e-cas tracker and for sure it is a useful application and it will save time BUT the problem is that this software is not related to any CIC / government application which (should?) have higher security standards; it is done by a 3rd party to which we would give very sensitive information (names, dob, file numbers); I'm not saying the software owners themselves would use this info but since it's done independently it is probably less secure and prone to attacks from other malicious software...all the time we need to think where the info we provided is stored; on CIC it is stored on a government database which is in their interest to protect cuz they probably have other even more sensitive info there; but with 3rd party software the storage part is not clear; so for me i prefer to check the e-cas directly on my own :p so far it's not that obsessive ;)
;D i see u landed this month, congraaaaaaaaaaaats, glad that ur wait is finally over (by the way, i don't think ur husband has his PR card anymore; usually it gets destroyed when u get the citizenship one; maybe a copy of it, but even that could b hard to find)
all the best, hope that the Canadian PR will b an wonderful experience for u :) do stay around!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
Hi pelipeli ... u r right, hopefully we will have good news for everyone for the next 5 days ... :) . The week has just begun ...
pelipeli said:

exactly!!!!! and we all know noone is that productive on Mondays....but as the week goes, they will work harder and harder ;)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
podkayne8 said:
Just an update for those of you with applicatinos from late January - I am still impatiently waiting to hear something... My application was rec'd on Jan 6th according to Canada Post. Others rec'd after mine have already heard from the CIC. It is quite a frustrating system they have going. I keep imagining mine is sitting forgotten under someone's coffee mug.
I had my husband call this morning but they said they are still just opening ones from Jan 3...lol riiiight.

Anyhow, just hoping to hear something this week or if not, we'll be calling again after they update the processing times! ;)
maybe they r still opening Jan 3rd applications on average....some officers r faster, some r slower....maybe on average they work on Jan 3rd applications or even before (i know someone from Dec 16 she is still waiting i think :( )...and probably the majority who applied r not here to tell us exactly, we (this group) are a minority comparing with all the applications they receive daily...but yeah once the date passes, do try to follow up :) but don't stress out, the week just started!! good luck!!

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
imatra said:
I hope that too ... but I think it really depends on the VO that they send the application to. As it shows on CIC website, every VO has its own processing time. Did your friend apply through Ankara? or somewhere else? I pray that it would be a smooth ride for all of us :)
NO MY FRIEND'S VO was new delhi not antakra

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Gemini1 said:
Does anyone know how to call CIC from overseas? I tried today but I can't figure it out... :-[
I am not sure you can. I had my husband phone them from within Canada. You still haven't heard anything either? They basically told us they were still working on apps from January 3rd and that if our application was signed for, it is there. I am going to have him phone again when they update the processing times if I still haven't heard anything. Strange that you and I haven't heard anything and were both rec'd on the same day...

Gemini1

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Of the first 10, we are the only two that haven't heard anything yet :(
I can't get anyone to call for me...I am sponsoring outside of Cananda. I guess I just have to keep waiting. Friday will be 8 weeks!