Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
another question...I want to contact my member of parliament (MP) in Canada about my case. I am currently out of the country in India and intend to return to Canada with my husband when he gets PR. I know I have to sign and send a consent form (is it the one for use of a representative on CIC site?) to my MP. Is it ok to fill out the form, sign it and then scan it and send to my MP by email or do I have to send it directly to her by mail (the original copy)? Can I get my mother who lives in my house to drop it off on my behalf if I cant email it? If I scan and email does it have to be notarized? Also, does the consent form from sponsor go only to the MP or does the MP have to send it to CIC as well to be authorized to have information about my case? If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE HELP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
thanks and good luck to all! :)

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
Hi guys :)

Well my COPR hasn't arrived yet but my e-cas says "DECISION MADE: A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." ... They had my home and mailing address showing at the top of my e-cas and it only said the town and province and nothing more, strange, so I fixed that.
When we crossed back into Canada yesterday they said they could see on their computer that my PR has been approved, so that's good! :)
Now I excitedly await my COPR, yay! :)
CONGRATS FIREFLY, :) :) isn't it a great feeling knowing that the wait is nearly over!. I'm also going through the Sydney VO, so I'm anxiously waiting.

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
whizbee said:
pelipeli - It has happened to me too. My ecas is showing the the Indian address now even though it is still Application Received. I am really curious what that means.
evn on my ecas it shows mine address on it but still status is application received.... wish it could be a a good sign for us who are waiting for near about 2 months am really so much tensed that our case processing is tooo slow......am waiting anxoiusly to be with my husband sooon...

god plz listen our prayers :( :( that sumday our status also changes from :( :( application received to decision made :( :(

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
whizbee said:
Congrats!

Have you already paid the RPRF? Or will you pay it after PPR?
I paid for everything when I filed my application.

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
mountain_pirate said:
I paid for everything when I filed my application.
Thanks for your reply.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
dreamcatcher said:
CONGRATS FIREFLY, :) :) isn't it a great feeling knowing that the wait is nearly over!. I'm also going through the Sydney VO, so I'm anxiously waiting.
Thank you DREAMCATCHER! :) Yes it is. I think the best part is having the freedom to travel again without having to worry about wether I'll be allowed to return home and have my visitor visa renewed. My husband and I even had to cancel our honeymoon because we had such enormous hassles at the border the day after our wedding. But I think you and I are very fortunate to be with the Sydney office. They have been tremendously courteous and communicative with me throughout the whole process, which made it much easier to get through. Good luck to you!!! I think you're the first January applicant I've heard from who is also applying in Sydney! =D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I have a question for those of you further along in the process. I got an AOR from the VO a few days ago and today I see medical results received. Does this mean anything? I still see application received, NOT in process.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I have a question for those of you further along in the process. I got an AOR from the VO a few days ago and today I see medical results received. Does this mean anything? I still see application received, NOT in process.
I can't speak for other VOs but once I got an AOR from my VO (medical results showed about a week later), it was another 2 months until they started processing.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Getting an AOR is great news! Atleast you know that the VO will be processing your application. I wouldn't put too much faith in ecas, as the system seems to work differently for everyone. Some people do receive regular updates through ecas and for others ecas does not seem to change. I can tell you that from the date of sponsorship approval, in my case, it took 23 days before the VO went through my file and I received an AOR and request for more docs. I haven't heard anything since that date and it has been 6 months. If you have paid your RPRF and submitted PCC you should be good. Can I ask which VO is processing your application?

canadiangirl78 said:

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
canadiangirl78 said:
hi, that's quite normal. usually we see medical results received shortly after sponsorship approval, but status for applicant will still remain "application received" for quite sometime. My hubby's status is still application received and its now 3 weeks since he sent off his passport, but ecas showed med results rcvd on May 4.
note: for Manila VO, we don't get AOR when they receive the file, usually its straight to PPR.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
I can't speak for other VOs but once I got an AOR from my VO (medical results showed about a week later), it was another 2 months until they started processing.
I thought an AOR meant they started processing. Bummer.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
muffy1 said:
Getting an AOR is great news! Atleast you know that the VO will be processing your application. I wouldn't put too much faith in ecas, as the system seems to work differently for everyone. Some people do receive regular updates through ecas and for others ecas does not seem to change. I can tell you that from the date of sponsorship approval, in my case, it took 23 days before the VO went through my file and I received an AOR and request for more docs. I haven't heard anything since that date and it has been 6 months. If you have paid your RPRF and submitted PCC you should be good. Can I ask which VO is processing your application?
My VO is Mexico. What is yours? 6 months is a long time. I already paid all the fees and submitted PCC - if PCC means police clearance.

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Canadiangirl78- 6 months IS a long time, though I'm sure there are others out there who have waited longer! What kills me is that it is, in my eyes, a simple & straightforward case, this is first (and will be ONLY) married for us both :), no children, no criminal history for either. The sponsorship approval took 1 month for us and then we heard from VO within 2 weeks of sponsorship approval notice. We paid everything, took care of PCC within days so I was hopeful we would have been done by now. Oh well, the time will come....I just hope soon :) Our VO was Buffalo....I am assuming it will now be Ottawa but have not real confirmation on that, yet.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
muffy1 said:
Canadiangirl78- 6 months IS a long time, though I'm sure there are others out there who have waited longer! What kills me is that it is, in my eyes, a simple & straightforward case, this is first (and will be ONLY) married for us both :), no children, no criminal history for either. The sponsorship approval took 1 month for us and then we heard from VO within 2 weeks of sponsorship approval notice. We paid everything, took care of PCC within days so I was hopeful we would have been done by now. Oh well, the time will come....I just hope soon :) Our VO was Buffalo....I am assuming it will now be Ottawa but have not real confirmation on that, yet.
I have read that paying the fees after you submit the application to Mississauga delays your case 2-3 months. So hopefully you are done with that and will get PPR soon.

I thought Buffalo was fast! And now this whole mess with the office closing. Sheesh!

whizbee

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
Does paying RPRF after sending the PPR really delay the application by 2-3 months???? :eek: