+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan intake

Ashish786

Feb 5, 2020
I have aip for sep intake then i defer my program to jan intake should i start classes online because of ircc update aip is not valid for jan intake. Please help

Last edited:

SNP03

Oct 24, 2020
I have read somewhere, you have to upload your new LOA to IRCC through webform. You can not start online classes in january as aip is not valid now. You will need a new study permit.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
I have read somewhere, you have to upload your new LOA to IRCC through webform. You can not start online classes in january as aip is not valid now. You will need a new study permit.
Don't spread fake news. You are allowed to study online up to April 30th 2021 according to IRCC provided you sent the new LOA. It doesn't matter if the AIP was for Fall or Winter.

Reactions: okjaber

SNP03

Oct 24, 2020
Don't spread fake news. You are allowed to study online up to April 30th 2021 according to IRCC provided you sent the new LOA. It doesn't matter if the AIP was for Fall or Winter.
Buddy, IRCC has stopped issuing new AIPs for January 21 intake. My institute says, to register for classes of winter sem I need to submit Aip or visa letter. Without registration how can one join online classes?
And if this looks fake to you, provide official source links please. I also want to correct my knowledge.

okjaber

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Buddy, IRCC has stopped issuing new AIPs for January 21 intake. My institute says, to register for classes of winter sem I need to submit Aip or visa letter. Without registration how can one join online classes?
And if this looks fake to you, provide official source links please. I also want to correct my knowledge.
Ironclad is correct.

Actually, you don’t even need an AIP to study in Fall or even Winter. If you applied before you begin your studies, you are set. You can study until April 2021.

here is the source:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

If you applied for your study permit before starting your program
Any time spent studying online from outside Canada since spring 2020 now counts toward the length of a PGWP. (Before, only the time spent studying online after you were approved for a study permit counted.)

You won’t have time deducted from the length of your PGWP for studies you complete outside Canada until April 30, 2021.”

Ary099

Oct 23, 2020
Please don’t spread fake news. You can start online for Jan intake. This AIP is valid and you do not need to apply again for study permit.