+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2018 only

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
That's a very lame reason to be fair.. i didn't even wait for a day before i submitted everything...
I honestly think that’s a bs answer because how come EVERYONE in this batch (Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 who have done their medicals in 2018) have the same problem? It’s clearly some kind of problem with the applications that got medical requests done early (in 2018), maybe with the agent or something happened with the batch, but what?!
I just don’t understand why this would warrant skipping them all along while having later applications receive PPRs.

Knowing that so many people mentioned that they contacted CIC and they never say security is started, plus the usual generic answers about having to wait for processing time and yadda yadda, I feel like it’s completely pointless to call them, in fact it might even be counter-productive (will slow them down more).

The feeling of being powerless and completely left out in the dark throughout all of this just makes it even more frustrating.

DAF644

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
When i called they said it security is in progress.. But that was few days ago.. i request every jan applicant to call and ask for updates
This is the first time I hear someone saying they said security is in progress.
Hopefully a good sign that we will have good news very soon. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Karan.201888

dreamerx10

Jul 22, 2015
I honestly think that’s a bs answer because how come EVERYONE in this batch (Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 who have done their medicals in 2018) have the same problem? It’s clearly some kind of problem with the applications that got medical requests done early (in 2018), maybe with the agent or something happened with the batch, but what?!
I just don’t understand why this would warrant skipping them all along while having later applications receive PPRs.

Knowing that so many people mentioned that they contacted CIC and they never say security is started, plus the usual generic answers about having to wait for processing time and yadda yadda, I feel like it’s completely pointless to call them, in fact it might even be counter-productive (will slow them down more).

The feeling of being powerless and completely left out in the dark throughout all of this just makes it even more frustrating.
True.. hopefully and i really pray to God.. atleast December applicants who had medical done in 2018 receive ppr this month... They do really deserve it..

iamgursingh

May 11, 2019
AR - 2 Jan 2018
AOR - 20 Feb
(sm friends got a few days early idk why n how)
Request for Medical - 24 May | 11:37am
Request for RPRF - 24 May | 11:38 am
( I guess it's automated)
Paid RPRF - 26 May (right after my agent informed me as I had decided to pay it later) (and yeah I've a representative #dealwithit )
Aptmnt for Medical Exam - 6 June
Medical Passed - Late July
(Sry forgot, it maybe 31st idr)
Recieved Pre arrival - 31 July

GCkey details show that I've passed the medical test but my eligibility is under review and background check is under process.

So I called IRCC about a month ago to find more information. The rep informed me that my application is almost in the last stage and a security check (the final part of a background check) has already been initiated.

However, she did not commit to any strict timeline except for the 19 months cliche for the obvious reasons.

Strangely enough, my one friend (Kenyan) who applied in earlier Nov 2017 got her PPR within a year! #yay #happyforher while others (Indian, Chinese, Philippines , Nigerians...) including me have been waiting for over 15 months now.

Since two of them got their golden letters earlier this month, I guess, the end is near. Or should I say P. R. #thanos

Fran6ca

May 13, 2018
AR: Jan 15
AOR: Feb 20th
MR : May 31st
MP: June
Prearrival: Aug 14th
And it's been 9month of dead silence.....
Let's keep hope high, hopefully before the month end it will be our turn.
I called on Friday and the agent said you are on the last stage of security and if I dont hear anything before the end of July I should call back. I was like July.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Sidanelevy

Jan 21, 2016
AR JAN 9 2018
AOR FEB 16 2
MR FEB 14 2019
(Additional Document)Request for my son renewed passport Apr 30, 2019.
Additional Document received May 9, 2019