+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2017 - Parent and Grandparent sponsorship lottery

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
jpv2212 said:
Hi Deep,

I'm not aware about what you should do in this case, but I've got a thread, which might help you out.

Please follow this link.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/no-marriage-certificate-india-but-have-all-proof-of-marriage-t484140.0.html

Hope it helps
Thank you

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Deep1 said:
Hi

I am born in India ,having PR in Canada, selected for lottery ,i don't have birth certificate and my parents don't have marriage certificate, what's best way to get these two certificates or any other acceptable alternative? Like for birth certificate can be use 10th marks certifate which have my date my birth and my parent name on it, and for parents marriage cericate can be use affidavit because they got married in 1978 so there was no marriage certicate like register marriage,

Pls suggest the best way.
Hi Deep
Even i did not had the birth certificate when I applied for my PRin 2011.
I made an affidavit got it notarized and have been using that.

However, what dicument you submitted for your PR ? I dont think that your birth certificate
will be of necessity here. You can present the same document which you submitted for your PR.

As for your parents marriage certificate, i guess an affidavit will suffice. Check with some lawyer in India or here in Canada as an alternative

May 7, 2015
Thank you for completing the online Interest to sponsor form to let us know that you are interested in applying to sponsor your parents or grandparents. As part of the government’s commitment to fairness and transparency, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) now randomly selects individuals who have shown interest in applying to sponsor their parent(s) or grandparent(s) under this program. Now that submissions for 2017 are closed, we have randomly selected 10,000 individuals who showed interest in applying to sponsor their parents or grandparents. We regret to inform you that you were not selected to apply this year.

sukh.s85

Mar 14, 2013
I am still waiting for the email. My friends got theirs on 25 &26th April. Anyoe else in the same boat?