Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Ah I just assumed because Ive lived here 3 years. Thanks!

danialrohail

Jan 24, 2017
I got married back in September and I am applying for my wife's PR. In a new application kit, CIC is requesting that we provide them with joint property ownership documents or lease/rental agreements. What is the alternative if we don't have these documents. Please advise.

I also have police certificates. Should I attach them with the package?

Thanks for your help guys!!!

Ninjashadow

Star Member
Jan 9, 2017
danialrohail said:
I got married back in September and I am applying for my wife's PR. In a new application kit, CIC is requesting that we provide them with joint property ownership documents or lease/rental agreements. What is the alternative if we don't have these documents. Please advise.

Well, you could try opening up a joint bank account on your both names.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
danialrohail said:

We didn't have these documents either. We included what we could, proof of my wife as my retirement account beneficiary for example. We also provided social media chats, Birthday, Christmas, and Wedding cards from family and friends, as well as notarized letters from parents explaining our relationship is true and valid. We are US/Canada so hopefully this is enough proof. They haven't requested more and worse comes to worse they'll request more or setup a interview if they don't believe you. You should be fine. Explain why you didn't include it.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
what do you mean for ottawa?

are you assuming you need a police clearance from Canada?

if so, you don't:

read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

if a report is required for CAnada, IRCC will request this later. so you do not need to worry about getting a clearance from Canada, you only need one for the UK.
I just read the full guide for the new application kit and it says "when asked for your police certificates you'll have to submit them for".... country where you currently.live and country you grew up in

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jeffuk88 said:
I just read the full guide for the new application kit and it says "when asked for your police certificates you'll have to submit them for".... country where you currently.live and country you grew up in
right it does say that. however, you have to dig deeper to find out that this pertains to all countries BUT canada. did you click on the link provided in my original answer? the information from that page is pasted below, and it clearly states that a pr applicant does not need to submit a record for Canada.

Here are the steps to find that information:

In the section of the guide for police clearances, click on the link that says "Find more information about police certificates". - the words police certificates is linked: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#expect

then on that new page (how to get a police certificate):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
scroll down to the bottom section called "how do I get one". Click on the "use our online tool" link in that section.

That will bring you to a list of countries. Click on C/canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp#C

This will bring you to a page called "How to get a police certificate - Canada". Expand the section for "if you live in canada".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Here is the information on that page:
See the highlighted language? This means that a PR applicant does NOT need to submit a report for canada, unless specifically requested by IRCC.

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.
If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

mvm

Dec 26, 2016
Called CIC today to ask if they had processed my application that was sent in on the 6th January. They advised it has been returned because it is missing information. they couldn't advise over the phone what information was missing.

I'm very surprised as we had an immigration lawyer check the pack before we sent it.

This delays everything by at least 6 weeks.

Maina4576

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
19-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Nothing requested
AOR Received.
11-01-2017 / 19-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 3-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Present it on day of appointment
LANDED..........
6-6-2017
Do you have a good immigration lawyer? If you need a good one pm me...i have a very good guy, down to earth and knows what he s doing which is crucial..

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
mvm said:
Called CIC today to ask if they had processed my application that was sent in on the 6th January. They advised it has been returned because it is missing information. they couldn't advise over the phone what information was missing.

I'm very surprised as we had an immigration lawyer check the pack before we sent it.

This delays everything by at least 6 weeks.
Did you save a copy of the application before you sent it off? I'd go back over everything with the checklist and look over every form to see what you might have missed so that you can be ready to send it off again quickly when it gets back to you.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
danawhitaker said:
Did you save a copy of the application before you sent it off? I'd go back over everything with the checklist and look over every form to see what you might have missed so that you can be ready to send it off again quickly when it gets back to you.
This.

We made copies of everything ... just in case.

mvm

Dec 26, 2016
I have copies of everything, My partner is checking the pack to see what we could've missed.

I'm hoping to get the application form back soon so we can send it off ASAP once the correction is made.

Ausman

Dec 9, 2013
Re: JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2017, 01:42:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove
Hi i am from india and my wife (canadian)sponcer me. We already applied with new package jan17 got aor aswell. I have one question that i dont have my birth certificate And i sent my file with 10grade certificate, date of birth is clearly mentioned there. Is that compulsory dob cert . Any suggestionss

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Ausman said:
Re: JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2017, 01:42:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Remove messageRemove
Hi i am from india and my wife (canadian)sponcer me. We already applied with new package jan17 got aor aswell. I have one question that i dont have my birth certificate And i sent my file with 10grade certificate, date of birth is clearly mentioned there. Is that compulsory dob cert . Any suggestionss
what document did you use to obtain your passport in the first place? They will need your birth certificate, unless your country has alternative replacement.

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hey guys!

Does anyone know the rules for police clearances submitted under the new application guide (2017)? I know under the old forms( before dec 2016) you had to submit one for any country lived in for 6 months or more since 18, but I hear under the new guidelines it says you only need one for where you've spent most of your life since 18? Can anyone confirm what is true?
My spouse has spent most of his life in South Africa since 18 but spent 7 months in Namibia at one point, so not sure if we need for both countries or just South Africa!

Thanks!!

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No