+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaican visa

MC2

Sep 17, 2018
I was married late last year in Jamaica to a Jamaican man. The sponsorship seems so confusing and long process, so we have been working on a visitor visa with the view to having him here and starting the process. The relationship has always been love and us as a couple. I own property in Jamaica and have used his resources and services.

He was involved in the music industry but lost his brother and took a leave of absence. Our relationship expanded such that he performed duties on my behalf and has been remunerated by me. This has been ongoing for a year and a half.

How to present as employment? He has not had other earnings during this time.

Thank you ... may have a few more questions if that's okay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately he will likely not be granted a TRV. I would consider starting the outland process. It will take approximately 12 months.

MC2

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you. My warp sense of humour is "oh gawd not back there". I would like to confirm that you mean Family Sponsorship in outland process? Could you elaborate a little on your considered experience as it relates to my situation. Please and thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Seems unlikely that your husband will get a visa. If he is only employed by you he has even less ties to Jamaica.

MC2

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks ... I really appreciate this. We have many ties, but this issue is big. I hope I can come back ... time to absorb. Respect C.

MC2

Sep 17, 2018
I thought I should get clarification if you don't mind as I thought my wording poor. I am in Canada and visit Jamaica several times a year. I just wanted to make sure you knew my hope was he get a visitor visa and we work on the sponsorship together from here; still going to Jamaica for visits.

MC2

Sep 17, 2018
Not sure if I'll get an answer to my followup question ... it maybe not in the correct area??