+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaican Students Fall 2020 Intake.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Hi
Yes still hoping. Awaiting AIP....application was submitted the end of February.
Did you receive yours?

Nemby

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hey, same here applied in June still awaiting AIP or full Approval the latter would be better though. I'm just nervous at the fact that classes are gonna start in basically 4 weeks and nothing yet.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
Hey, same here applied in June still awaiting AIP or full Approval the latter would be better though. I'm just nervous at the fact that classes are gonna start in basically 4 weeks and nothing yet.
Which institution?
I know feeling, mine starts August 24

Nemby

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Which institution?
I know feeling, mine starts August 24
OMG!! which institution are you attending? and then the thing is there is a set period where after you cant get a refund on your tuition if you withdraw because you were denied a student Visa. that's the scary part

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
OMG!! which institution are you attending? and then the thing is there is a set period where after you cant get a refund on your tuition if you withdraw because you were denied a student Visa. that's the scary part
Exactly. University of Winnipeg

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hi guys, sorry to hear about your situation. I can only imagine how all of you must be feeling so am going to be a nosy Jamaican here and provide some unsolicited advice. Here goes:

Most, if not all, of the schools here have gone online with classes for this semester. They are aware of the situation taking place with COVID-19 and the limits it has placed on getting back to normal, including international students getting their permits, etc. to enter the country.

So, I suggest you speak with your admissions advisors or counselors (if you have not done so yet) and ask if your studies could be deferred until next semester (January). My reasoning is, IRCC has strict guidelines regarding how much of your classes can be taken online in order to maintain full time international student status if you which to remain in the country after studies and later gain a PGWP.

There might still be time for some of you whose studies start in September but for August people, I am doubtful. I do believe in miracles, so fingers cross you will hear something by next week. Otherwise, think about the option of deferring before asking for a refund.

Good luck !

Nemby

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi guys, sorry to hear about your situation. I can only imagine how all of you must be feeling so am going to be a nosy Jamaican here and provide some unsolicited advice. Here goes:

Most, if not all, of the schools here have gone online with classes for this semester. They are aware of the situation taking place with COVID-19 and the limits it has placed on getting back to normal, including international students getting their permits, etc. to enter the country.

So, I suggest you speak with your admissions advisors or counselors (if you have not done so yet) and ask if your studies could be deferred until next semester (January). My reasoning is, IRCC has strict guidelines regarding how much of your classes can be taken online in order to maintain full time international student status if you which to remain in the country after studies and later gain a PGWP.

There might still be time for some of you whose studies start in September but for August people, I am doubtful. I do believe in miracles, so fingers cross you will hear something by next week. Otherwise, think about the option of deferring before asking for a refund.

Good luck !
thanks for the advise....question though if I defer until Jan 2021 will that affect the processing of my student Visa? meaning will I have to send new documents to IRCC or do i have to advise them in any way?