+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaica visitors visa for children june

Bethlock

Sep 8, 2022
Applied for my step sons visitors visas from Jamaica back end of June at the time processing times said 92 days currently says 104 days. We are now sitting at day 125 no updates since application received the day after we submitted… is there someone I can call we were hoping to have them here for Christmas…

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied for my step sons visitors visas from Jamaica back end of June at the time processing times said 92 days currently says 104 days. We are now sitting at day 125 no updates since application received the day after we submitted… is there someone I can call we were hoping to have them here for Christmas…
If you or your fiancé are the representative call IRCC and ask about status. Agents cannot expedite or move the file along. Raise a webform and say that processing time has passed. IRCC does state that ”most” are processed within posted times but not all.

Who is travelling with the children if they are minors? Have you not sponsored them?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Posted processing time are just estimates and also averages so can be longer and shorter. Assume there will be concern that the children will want to remain in Canada. Is there’s reason you haven’t sponsored them?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Bethlock

Sep 8, 2022
Sponsorship just went in this week for him and the boys, had to wait a year to do common law, we are only bringing the boys for Christmas as they have to return to school.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sponsorship just went in this week for him and the boys, had to wait a year to do common law, we are only bringing the boys for Christmas as they have to return to school.
If refused then wait until they have PR to come to Canada. Now that the application is in then IRCC will figure that they are staying permanently. Assume your spouse has full custody and that an adult/you are travelling with them.

Bethlock

Sep 8, 2022
If refused then wait until they have PR to come to Canada. Now that the application is in then IRCC will figure that they are staying permanently. Assume your spouse has full custody and that an adult/you are travelling with them.
Yes, obviously it is refused we would have to wait, we were just hoping to have them out for Christmas as he hasn’t seen his boys in over a year and a half and they are young 3 and 7 yes, he has full custody. They’re currently living with his father and PR could take another 10 months to a year or more so we were hoping to have a visit. We will just wait. Thanks for your help.