+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I've deferred to September. Will sending new LOA to IRCC extend the study visa?

Nehu74

Apr 9, 2021
No rejection, they just cancelled it because of significant time of deferral. So i need to submit again. And it is not impact to my future application. The letter said that.
Then you submitted your passport again or you re applied for study permit?

kathan565

Feb 10, 2021
Please reply....Would you send them your passport first for stamping or updated ircc deferral letter? I'm facing the same situation I got visa and the deferment letter on the same day. I deferred from may 2021 to sept 2021. Now I'm not getting would i update new loa as my passport is already under stamping procedure. Please reply I really need help as my agent is not guiding properly.
I personally suggest to update the new LOA asap. As I uploaded it just 3 days before I got my PPR and I got my visa stamped according to new loa dates.

Reactions: CindyMinion

CindyMinion

Jan 20, 2021
My agent is saying let just get the visa stamped then we'll update loa... I'm worried. Would uploading deferral letter cancel my visa? Or they stamp it as per my may intake duration and then I'll extend it in future?
Refer to this and see where you stand - Students – If you decide to defer your studies in Canada with a start-date of 150 days or more, you will need to send us a new acceptance letter from your designated learning institution.

Link -

Reactions: andrews17

anmolwadera

Star Member
Feb 29, 2020
Please reply....Would you send them your passport first for stamping or updated ircc deferral letter? I'm facing the same situation I got visa and the deferment letter on the same day. I deferred from may 2021 to sept 2021. Now I'm not getting would i update new loa as my passport is already under stamping procedure. Please reply I really need help as my agent is not guiding properly.
My agent told me that if you've already gotten your PPR then the visa expiration date will not be affected regardless of you sending new LOA to IRCC. Is this the first time you are deferring?. If it is then i think you should be fine and it won't get cancelled whether you send LOA now or after getting visa. I applied for may intake 2020 and i've deferred till may 2021 for a whole year and it did not get cancelled. Deferred after PPR so got dates according to old intake.
If you don't get visa dates according to new LOA, then from what i've heard on this forum this the immigration officer can give you a study permit according to the new LOA, then you won't have to extend the permit.

escape13

Apr 24, 2021
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to provide additional documentation or update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since you currently do not have any application in process, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

I got this reply while I filled IRCC webform for updating my new LOA. I am sending my new LOA after PPR.

skshittu20

Jul 1, 2021
Please i need a bit of clarification on my study application. I got my passport stamped today for May 2021 admission. Before now, I had requested the school to defer my admission to September 2021 which hasn't been approved. What do you advice I do as I didn't attend current online classes for May admission? My intention is to start with September admission but the deferral request is still pending.

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Yess, after collect pasport, after stamping, after that got canceled because of my deferral. I got letter to submit again, and the cancellation doesn't impact my future application, IRCC said. You got time limit from your school? If you dont get time limit, you must not worry. In my case, i take june intake, but my school need my study permit approval before march. I don't sure IRCC will give my approval too early.
Did you get your Visa bro?

Harish@07

Aug 18, 2021
Hello Ray,

Here's what I received after sending my LOA through the webform.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

T00666476 202210 LOA.pdf

We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.'

Did you receive an email like this before Delhi Immigration mailed you the one you shared on this thread? Also I'd suggest waiting for IRCC to send you an upload documents notification on your gc key since they've anyways mentioned it takes 5 business days.

If it doesn't happen, raise a webform and send them a screenshot of the mail they sent you. That way they may respond sooner.
i got visa stamped and deffered my admission and sent deferred loa to ircc through webform
After that i recieved the same email and waiting from long time still the new documents are not updated in my gc key. Will it actually gets updated in gc key with the new loa ?or do just receive the email As above ? I am waiting it from 2 months please any one let me know what are the next steps after sending

CindyMinion

Jan 20, 2021
i got visa stamped and deffered my admission and sent deferred loa to ircc through webform
After that i recieved the same email and waiting from long time still the new documents are not updated in my gc key. Will it actually gets updated in gc key with the new loa ?or do just receive the email As above ? I am waiting it from 2 months please any one let me know what are the next steps after sending

If your visa is already stamped i think you will have to extend your visa and study permit till your course end date while you're in Canada.

I didn't get my visa stamped when I deferred my intake. But nothing was updated on my gc key during my case too.

Harish@07

Aug 18, 2021
If your visa is already stamped i think you will have to extend your visa and study permit till your course end date while you're in Canada.

I didn't get my visa stamped when I deferred my intake. But nothing was updated on my gc key during my case too.
Ok my visa is till April 2022 and my intake starts in jan 2022, so will there be any issue while travelling in dec 2021? And later after reaching canada i can extend my permit right ?

CindyMinion

Jan 20, 2021
Ok my visa is till April 2022 and my intake starts in jan 2022, so will there be any issue while travelling in dec 2021? And later after reaching canada i can extend my permit right ?
I'm not too sure about this scenario. Maybe your visa councellor would know better. Else you can try calling IRCC and finding out from them.

Jan 23, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I filed student visa on 13th oct 2023,
Medical, Biometrics Passed 31 oct 2023 - Received BVL and then no Update on GC KEY,

All stages completed on TRACKER along with my study permit expiry, now its jan 25 still i have not heard anything from IRCC, i have differed my intake and got new LOA, what to do please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.