+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Its very urgent , guys please help please !! From UK

hammad86

Mar 9, 2012
What is acceptable evidence of funds in support of my study permit application?

"Proof of funds can be in the form of your bank statements or your parents’ bank statements accompanied by a letter from your parent(s) confirming that they will be financially responsible for you. All funds must be in an account in Canada or in the country of your current residence. Funds located in off-shore accounts are not acceptable as proof of funds. General letters of reference from banks are not sufficient. For more details, refer to the CIC page on Proof of Financial Support."

Does it mean that a person living in Uk cannot show his own personal bank statement from Pakistan/Home country ?? Not even their father bank statement ?? Please help me regarding this please...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hammad86 said:
What is acceptable evidence of funds in support of my study permit application?

"Proof of funds can be in the form of your bank statements or your parents' bank statements accompanied by a letter from your parent(s) confirming that they will be financially responsible for you. All funds must be in an account in Canada or in the country of your current residence. Funds located in off-shore accounts are not acceptable as proof of funds. General letters of reference from banks are not sufficient. For more details, refer to the CIC page on Proof of Financial Support."

Does it mean that a person living in Uk cannot show his own personal bank statement from Pakistan/Home country ?? Not even their father bank statement ?? Please help me regarding this please...
i dont know where u got that from but check out the lick below..dont know if it applies to u or not
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

hammad86

Mar 9, 2012
It was shocking for me .. see the link please

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/faq.aspx?view=d

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hammad86 said:
It was shocking for me .. see the link please

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/faq.aspx?view=d
very strange...may be they r UK rules but strange better to mail them and ask see if u get an answer

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Most likely u will be rfused on home ties if u r a Pakistani citizen by birth and living abroad U had better apply at islamabad CHC

hammad86

Mar 9, 2012
I am amazed , first time i got rejected on the basis of funds which i showed in Pakistani account . Even the funds were more than enough for me .. But after investigating and searching web , i came across this link in Uk ...

Is their any one who had similar situation ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hammad86 said:
I am amazed , first time i got rejected on the basis of funds which i showed in Pakistani account . Even the funds were more than enough for me .. But after investigating and searching web , i came across this link in Uk ...

Is their any one who had similar situation ?
did they mention this in reason for rejection?

hammad86

Mar 9, 2012
i applied from london and my funds were from Pakistan ,I had enough bank statement from back home .. but they mentioned financial resources are not enough to maintain yourself in Canada, i showed uk bank statement as well , they must have considered that but that wudnt be enuf ofcourse .. This official website states clearly about funds cannot be out of country of residence .. i never thought of it

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
If your parents are living abroad in countries such as USA, UK etc ....they can sponsor your studies it is not a big issue since dollars/pounds carry more monetary value than Pakistani rupees. Siblings/parents can easily sponsor your studies even though they are not living in the residence of their country. Simple solution, go back to Pakistan and apply there. Show funds in Pakistan account by your parents. You are already eating up too much funds of your parents if your are still dependent on them while living in the UK

hammad86

Mar 9, 2012
no i took educational loan on my own name from Pakistan . I am not dependent on them . here issue is to confirm how true this statement is, one can only show proof funds in his/her country of residence .

meenum

May 25, 2012
Hello,
I have a query about bank statement.If someone is applying from UK for a Canadian student visa with a different nationality ie Pakistani is it necessary to show funds in UK?or will Pakistani bank statements be sufficient as well?
I am a bit worried as i have read this on CIC website.

" What is acceptable evidence of funds in support of my study permit application?
Proof of funds can be in the form of your bank statements or your parents’ bank statements accompanied by a letter from your parent(s) confirming that they will be financially responsible for you. All funds must be in an account in Canada or in the country of your current residence. Funds located in off-shore accounts are not acceptable as proof of funds. General letters of reference from banks are not sufficient. For more details, refer to the CIC page on Proof of Financial Support. "