File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Which ban....there is currently no restrictions for Africans but all movements will be monitored for all successful applicants entering Canada...
This ban. The one that everyone is talking about on the forum and that is all over the news. Canada is closing its borders to almost everyone who is not a citizen or permanent resident.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/trudeau-travel-restrictions-ban-coronavirus-covid19-canada

We do not know impact at this time to people holding study permits and work permits and visitor visas. It is not clear if they will be allowed to enter Canada. Based on the information so far - it doesn't sound like they will be. We are waiting for IRCC to clarify.

Reactions: Kidu995

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
This ban. The one that everyone is talking about on the forum and that is all over the news. Canada is closing its borders to almost everyone who is not a citizen or permanent resident.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/trudeau-travel-restrictions-ban-coronavirus-covid19-canada

We do not know impact at this time to people holding study permits and work permits and visitor visas. It is not clear if they will be allowed to enter Canada. Based on the information so far - it doesn't sound like they will be. We are waiting for IRCC to clarify.
Yes I saw something like this but restricting international applicants especially for Canada visa could cripple their entire system and they greatly hold the potential of loosing but immigrants and money....so me thinking the self isolation for two weeks was more than enough to know if one has the virus..but all is well....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I saw something like this but restricting international applicants especially for Canada visa could cripple their entire system and they greatly hold the potential of loosing but immigrants and money....so me thinking the self isolation for two weeks was more than enough to know if one has the virus..but all is well....
That may be your opinion, but that's not what the government has publicly announced. They have said they are closing borders to almost everyone who is not a citizen or PR.

We expect there will be further details over the next few days that will clarify the rules.

Kidu995

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
That may be your opinion, but that's not what the government has publicly announced. They have said they are closing borders to almost everyone who is not a citizen or PR.

We expect there will be further details over the next few days that will clarify the rules.
Fingers crossed its not more than a month, for my travel plans not to be disturbed

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You can still travel if you have a trv. Youll be kept in quarantine for a couple of weeks tho
Not true from 3/18 at 1200 pm EST see link below, only citizens, PRs and US allowed in Plus some other exceptions. Anyone else will be denied boarding at source Including TRV, study and work permit holders basically any temp resident Who has not resided in US previous 14 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse.html#acb

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

As for how long nobody can predict but would maybe expect minimum a couple months going by some other countries approach . Nobody should underestimate how serious things are so disrupting travel or study plans are trivial concerns.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Not true from 3/18 at 1200 pm EST see link below, only citizens, PRs and US allowed in Plus some other exceptions. Anyone else will be denied boarding at source Including TRV, study and work permit holders basically any temp resident Who has not resided in US previous 14 days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/canadas-reponse.html#acb

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

As for how long nobody can predict but would maybe expect minimum a couple months going by some other countries approach . Nobody should underestimate how serious things are so disrupting travel or study plans are trivial concerns.
Okay what about those who have submitted an application for visas... include study visas so does this Corona virus issue affect the application....likely a reject since they are restricting movements..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Okay what about those who have submitted an application for visas... include study visas so does this Corona virus issue affect the application....likely a reject since they are restricting movements..
1. No, they will probably keep processing visas, but students should apply for deferrals from their schools. Since it is unlikely that travel restrictions will be lifted in the short term.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think the Government is more concerned about the healthcare system totally collapsing and prevention of premature deaths of Canadian s caused by the virus. Just my wild guess, I could be wrong though

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Again all very well but colleges could be closed for the next few months. Many businesses will be in shutdown, transport may be difficult all making it even more challenging for someone arriving in a new country. Add to that 14 day self isolation for new arrivals an even bigger challenge for a new arrival with no contacts.

Of course finding an airline seat may also be a challenge given many airlines are parking up their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June.

Suggest students in te first instance check with their colleges to see what their plans are and whether they will be shut for the next few months