26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Dear jdwhite,

I followed your story from the very beginning and I am so very happy for you and your family! You made me to tear up actually when reading your lines. Best of luck to you guys in your future life together and may you have many joyful moments that will eventually make you forget what you hadd to go through. I am sure your older daughter is beyond excited to be with his dad again and your husband to bond with the little one.
Best regards,
Ditta

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdwhite21 said:
Hello all!!

My husband finally got PR!!!!!!!!!! Flight is already booked for next Wednesday!!!

Here is our story for those of you who don't know it. My husband and I applied for PR for him in May of 2009. His application was denied in September of 2010 on the basis that our marriage was one of convenience. This decision was made despite the fact that we had an 18 month old girl and I was 2 months pregnant with our second daughter as well as we had provided an overwhelming amount of evidence. He left on October 17, 2010. We got right to work gathering everything we needed for another application. The second time we got a lawyer (in hindsight not sure if it was worth the money as the application was almost identical as to when I did it and he made a few mistakes that cost us some time) Our application was sent on February 2011, it was returned because some papers were missing :S Sent back in March, I was approved for sponsorship mid April and our app was sent to Guatemala. We received a passport request and to pay the right of permanent residence fee at the end of August. Then this afternoon, my husband got a call from immigration saying that his passport had his visa in it and would be returned to him tomorrow!! We already booked the flights for next week!! He has to land before November 28th or else he has to redo his medicals and we are not going to waste any time.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been supportive from the bottom of my heart. This forum is an asset in so many ways. You can come here when you need information or support or just when you need to talk to people who actually understand and don't think that your spouse gets PR just because you are married.. lol I am so glad that our journey is finally over and that my husband finally gets to meet our now 7 month old daughter. For all of you that have had bumps in the road, do not despair for it will work out in the end. We are living proof that immigration makes mistakes. Again thank you all and I pray that all of you still waiting get your happy ending sooner then later. It is devastating to be apart from your beloved spouse but I guess distance truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Jess. :D
Congratulations what a wonderful news after such a long time for you. :) I am happy to hear there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel.

R

robrod

Dear Jessie:

I'm so glad to hear your hard and long journey with Immigration Canada has finally come to an end. You deserved it so much and am glad to read outland Guatemala was this speedy for you this time around. I'm sure someone realized the mistake and did his/her job the right way.
Indeed you are an inspiration to everyone here including us the already landed ones!.
Have the best re-unification encounter ever next week and say hello to Jose for me!.

Rob.

J

jdwhite21

Thanks again all. Cannot wait till Thursday, that's when my husband plane will arrive in Edmonton. Funnily the last year seemed to go by quicker then this last week has/will. Thursday seems like it's never going to get here. My 2 1/2 yr old excitedly looks outside the window every time our dog barks thinking that her daddy's home. My husband's even excited about coming back to -32 weather lol. Thanks for the kind words all, definitely was quite a journey and I am grateful to have shared it with such wonderful understanding people.