+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's been almost three weeks since I paid RPRF. What kind of processing has been done and what's left?

amir.ynm

Jan 8, 2020
Overview of my application: FSW-outland, Single applicant, AOR Feb 26, 2020. Medical passed on March 4, 2020. Biometrics completed on March 9,2020. RPRF requested on June 23, 2020 and paid on June 24, 2020.
RFRF request letter said: The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
As of July 12, 2020, timeline progress bar on my application dashboard is at 76%, and I haven't yet received the PPR.
1. What can the learned and experienced members here comment about my case?
2. What kind of assessment has already been done, and what's left?
3. Knowing that I provided all the genuine documentation and no detail was hidden that might be of interest to IRCC, and that I have never been in trouble with law, is there still any chance of rejection?
4. Can IRCC still ask for additional documents?
For more insights in to my case, refer to current status of application as shown on application dashboard.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: March 4, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: June 25, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
<It's been like this after I submitted the receipt of RPRF payment>
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: March 9, 2020 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Overview of my application: FSW-outland, Single applicant, AOR Feb 26, 2020. Medical passed on March 4, 2020. Biometrics completed on March 9,2020. RPRF requested on June 23, 2020 and paid on June 24, 2020.
RFRF request letter said: The admissibility review is currently in process; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
As of July 12, 2020, timeline progress bar on my application dashboard is at 76%, and I haven't yet received the PPR.
3. Knowing that I provided all the genuine documentation and no detail was hidden that might be of interest to IRCC, and that I have never been in trouble with law, is there still any chance of rejection?
For more insights in to my case, refer to current status of application as shown on application dashboard.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: June 25, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
1. You likely still have a number of months to wait before you have a decision.
2. Medical has been successfully completed. Everything else is still in progress.
3. Yes, there is still a chance of rejection. Eligibility has not been completed yet.
4. Yes.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

1) You will have to be patient because things have been very slow due to Covid19. Nothing extraordinary about your case.
2) For the details you will need to order GCMS notes. Now might not be a bad time to order GCMS notes if you are interested in finding out exactly where your application stands.
3) From my analysis of data on myimmitracker, and I did this a while ago for applications in 2017 less than 2% of applications are rejected. Among the rejections most common reason is usually Police certificate. People end up missing a few days in their PCC, or there is a gap in the days covered for the duration required by PCC. Such mistakes lead to rejections. Remember that once you get an ITA, you have an AIP (Approval in Principle) meaning that you have been approved based on the information you have provided. The assumption is that you have furnished correct information. The grounds for rejection would then come on your failure to either furnish proper documentation or you become a security risk.
4) Yes, I was FSW inland. I got a RCMP police clearance request 2 weeks before my application was approved.

In summary, don't worry but you will have to be patient. The PR wait can tough even in normal times, but in Covid times you will have to exercise a lot of patience. Relax, and try to forget about your PR for now. It will come through in time (Insha Allah), but give yourself a long time horizon. As in think of landing some time in 2021. The longer time horizon in your expectations should help you be more patient.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Don't pay too much attention to the progress bar, the bar just shows the time elapsed from the day an application is submitted and it's not related to the status/stage of your application. If you were asked to pay the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed.

amir.ynm

Jan 8, 2020
I requested status update through webform, and got this response about 4 days later on 17 July 2020. What do you guys make of it?

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I requested status update through webform, and got this response about 4 days later on 17 July 2020. What do you guys make of it?

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • You may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
There is nothing special about this response. Your background check and eligibility are in process. PR should come in time. It is taking longer than normal to process due to covid and there's nothing we can do about it. Unless you submitted fake documents and scores, or you're committing fraud in some way, you shouldn't have anything to worry. Try to be patient and put your mind to something else. Outland PPRs are not being issued much. So even if applications are sitting approved, PPRs are not being sent out to outland applicants in most cases. Try to find some other activities to occupy your mind. This might take a while.

Reactions: caipsnotes

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys,

My AOR is 26 August 2019. I sent a webform a few days ago and got the following response:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Just wondering, what does 'currently valid' mean? What stage would this be in an application?

Thanks in advance

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys,

My AOR is 26 August 2019. I sent a webform a few days ago and got the following response:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

Just wondering, what does 'currently valid' mean? What stage would this be in an application?

Thanks in advance
Sometime there tends to be ambiguity in webforms responses, but valid means passed. Security is the last step before the final decision so you are almost there!

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
hi

I was wondering if you have received your PPR ?

amir.ynm

Jan 8, 2020
hi

I was wondering if you have received your PPR ?
No. My eligibility review is still in progress, and my security background verification has not started yet. I came to know about these details by raising a webform request about status update. I ordered GCMS notes few days ago, will find out more once I receive them.

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
Same status as me ! Although I only paid rprf just over a week ago.
Hope you hear positive news soon

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi, Any good news for Amir.ynm or piglett99? i submitted my RPRF 2 weeks back.. just curios to know what was the timeline? My AOR is AUG 2020

Reactions: piglett99