+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It's been A MONTH since I sent passport for TRV stamp IN CANADA .HELP!

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

I applied for an in-canada TRV, and on Sept 10 I got the request for the original passport, and I mailed it on Sep 11, and it was received on Sept. 12, 2013. I have not yet received my passport with the visa :S. I emailed CPP ottawa, and on Oct. 1st, they replied saying they will mail my passport back at the end of the week (meaning Oct. 4th), and I still haven't received anything.

I sent them three e-mails since, and nobody is replying. Has anyone been in this situation? What the hell is going on? I've also sent them an express post return envelope. Last time it only took a week, and they even sent it via regular mail.

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND.
Oh and FYI: I sent the visa application ON JULY 17, 2013. That's four months. Bastards.

Thank you!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The good thing about the in-land application is that you can call the help center and talk to a person and tell them your situation. The help center number is 1-888-242-2100.

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
ysw04111 said:
this is so long. May be try to call the office that you send your passport to.
There is no number I can call CPP on. I called CIC, and they said there's nothing I can do. They were all "it's probably in the mail." And obviously it is not in the mail, because I have not received it. Liars.

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
O_guy said:
The good thing about the in-land application is that you can call the help desk and talk to a person and tell them your situation. You can find the help desk number on the CIC website.

I asked CIC about it...check my previous comment :( Apparently CIC has "nothing to do" with CPP's applications. I just don't know what to do...

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

I suggest you go to the above link and use their FAX number to send a letter with URGENT stated in the subject line.

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
O_guy said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

I suggest you go to the above link and use their FAX number to send a letter with URGENT stated in the subject line.
I'm not sure I should; it says sending the same question via different means can create more confusion. I've already sent them four e-mails. I always post URGENT in my e-mail subjects. I just don't get why they're no longer replying to my emails (although it's been even MORE than five business days).

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsef said:
I'm not sure I should; it says sending the same question via different means can create more confusion. I've already sent them four e-mails. I always post URGENT in my e-mail subjects. I just don't get why they're no longer replying to my emails (although it's been even MORE than five business days).
jsef, they probably have not opened those emails. And I'm not sure what confusion it would create. This is not free, you actually paid for this service and they have kept your passport for far too long. You have the right to email them 10 times and fax them 10 times until they respond. And every time you email them or fax them, tell them you have inquired about this issue before but have not received an answer.

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
O_guy said:
jsef, they probably have not opened those emails. And I'm not sure what confusion it would create. This is not free, you actually paid for this service and they have kept your passport for far too long. You have the right to email them 10 times and fax them 10 times until they respond. And everything you email them or fax them, tell them you have inquired about this issue before but have not received an answer.
How is it that the first time I emailed them, they replied IMMEDIATELY within a day? I will fax them tomorrow....

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
O_guy said:
jsef, they probably have not opened those emails. And I'm not sure what confusion it would create. This is not free, you actually paid for this service and they have kept your passport for far too long. You have the right to email them 10 times and fax them 10 times until they respond. And everything you email them or fax them, tell them you have inquired about this issue before but have not received an answer.
I just faxed them using an online fax central. Fingers crossed