+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

itinerary change after submitting visitor visa application

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
Hi,
I submitted my Visitor visa application for canada with tourism intention in September and completed Biometrics on 13 Oct.
My travel iterinary indicates flight and hotel reservations from 20 November to December 2.
However, given the current processing time, I do not think my application will be processed by that time.
Given this, I will to change my travel plans and push them in future.

What should I do in this case? Should I keep the itinerary same or should I change it.
If I need to change, how can I do it?

please help.

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi,
I submitted my Visitor visa application for canada with tourism intention in September and completed Biometrics on 13 Oct.
My travel iterinary indicates flight and hotel reservations from 20 November to December 2.
However, given the current processing time, I do not think my application will be processed by that time.
Given this, I will to change my travel plans and push them in future.

What should I do in this case? Should I keep the itinerary same or should I change it.
If I need to change, how can I do it?

please help.
You don’t have to do anything, the IRCC does not really care about travel plans. In fact they advise not to buy airline tickets, hotel reservations etc.

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
How so?
The application asked me to add travel itinerary and suggestions included adding flight tickets, hotel reservations etc.

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
They ask but will still process if travel time has passed. Assume you didn’t buy tickets.
but will that processing be in my favor if the travel itinerary dates are in past. Lets say they process my application in first week of december?
Do I need to proactively inform them somehow?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but will that processing be in my favor if the travel itinerary dates are in past. Lets say they process my application in first week of december?
Do I need to proactively inform them somehow?
It doesn’t matter. Acceptance is based on your funds, travel history, ties to home country not whether you have travel plans. Having travel plans in the next month doesn’t expedite the process. When did you apply and where are you from?

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
I am currently on a work visa in USA, and an Indian citizen.
I submitted application on 28 Sept and completed biometrics on 13 October 2022.

is your suggestion that I keep my application as it is?
I will have to reschedule my flights anyway since as per current processing time, I dont see the decision coming in before Nov 20.

Would you advice I atleast get in touch with IRCC customer care on this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I will have to reschedule my flights anyway since as per current processing time, I dont see the decision coming in before Nov 20.

Processing from the US is about 60 days so you are well within processing times. You can raise a webform to inform them about travel changes but it doesn’t influence decision. Webforms can take up to 30 days to go to the correct officer. You can’t call outside Canada and if you speak to an agent they can only tell you the status of your file. Can’t make changes to your file. IRCC doesn’t want you to book flights but only show proposed itinerary. They don’t care about your travel dates.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022

Its your call ; you can raise a webform and inform IRCC about the itinerary change as the visa is not processed as yet, but frankly they really dont give much importance to the itinerary as mentioned by the other members. In fact they mention clearly not to book tickets or hotel reservations.

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
Its your call ; you can raise a webform and inform IRCC about the itinerary change as the visa is not processed as yet, but frankly they really dont give much importance to the itinerary as mentioned by the other members. In fact they mention clearly not to book tickets or hotel reservations.

I see.

Towards which location should I raise web form?
I see to posible options in US. Los Angeles and NewYork.

I do not know where my application is being processed or where will it be processed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I see.

Towards which location should I raise web form?
I see to posible options in US. Los Angeles and NewYork.

I do not know where my application is being processed or where will it be processed.
You are not even past processing times of around 60 days. They ask that you don’t send a webform unless processing times are past. So just wait another month.

Reactions: lucasinho

Fbalancer

Feb 17, 2020
Could you or anybody please point to a document stating this? It would really help, thank you!