+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Italy Visa-Free for RTD?

Ahmad789

Nov 18, 2020
Having gone through the posts on this forum, I have seen that everyone is saying Italy is visa-free for RTD holders. Could someone give me an official link to where that is said?
If you asked this question to the embassy through email, please share the email address on which you messaged them.

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
You have to travel Italy from Canada without taking any Transit in other Schengen states if you dont take any Schengen Visa , but it will be hard to find such flight . I used RTD only for Germany ( which is visa free travel and has direct connectivity with Canada ) . Its better to have a Schengen visa and Travel without any prejudice. To get a Schengen Visa is not a difficult issue . The thing is very important that while you are moving between Schengen states , you must have a valid visa. Although i took France visa last time but i missed the validity date so i used only One country and that is Germany . If you need cheap air ticket for italy and Canada vice versa -- there must be Transit destination , so technically to travel italy , you should posses a Visa from Either France ,or Denmark or Nederland or any other Schengen country which required visa . then travel without any tension and lots of cheap ticketing option will be in in your pocket

Reactions: InSearchOfHappiness

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
You have to travel Italy from Canada without taking any Transit in other Schengen states if you dont take any Schengen Visa , but it will be hard to find such flight . I used RTD only for Germany ( which is visa free travel and has direct connectivity with Canada ) . Its better to have a Schengen visa and Travel without any prejudice. To get a Schengen Visa is not a difficult issue . The thing is very important that while you are moving between Schengen states , you must have a valid visa. Although i took France visa last time but i missed the validity date so i used only One country and that is Germany . If you need cheap air ticket for italy and Canada vice versa -- there must be Transit destination , so technically to travel italy , you should posses a Visa from Either France ,or Denmark or Nederland or any other Schengen country which required visa . then travel without any tension and lots of cheap ticketing option will be in in your pocket
There are also Air Canada flights to Italy directly. There are countless Numbers of flights that goes directly to Milan. Because you dont know doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There are direct flights to Italy....

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
There are also Air Canada flights to Italy directly. There are countless Numbers of flights that goes directly to Milan. Because you dont know doesn't mean it doesn't exist
What i am trying to say is two things.
01. If you not rich you will look for cheap fare, so connecting flight is atleast 200 to 400 cad less than direct flights.
02. Its better to have A visa for schengen to cross any airport easily. Eventually i have to wait a long in Frunkfurt airport immigration because not everyone of them is very easy with RTD, so they look for visa. I have to show them the mail from german embassy then they talked with their supervisor, its a hassle. Option for visa is good for these states travel

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What i am trying to say is two things.
01. If you not rich you will look for cheap fare, so connecting flight is atleast 200 to 400 cad less than direct flights.
02. Its better to have A visa for schengen to cross any airport easily. Eventually i have to wait a long in Frunkfurt airport immigration because not everyone of them is very easy with RTD, so they look for visa. I have to show them the mail from german embassy then they talked with their supervisor, its a hassle. Option for visa is good for these states travel
I disagree with 1 whereas connecting flight is less by CAD 400 than direct flight. I dont think thats how airlines pricing. I agree with 02 for flexibility and easy movement within a block

Ahmad789

Nov 18, 2020
Thank you for your comments but I am just looking for confirmation that Italy is visa-free. I am traveling through Italy from a third country and don't want to go through the hassle at the airport over there. Emailed the embassy here with no response. Just looking for an official wesbite that says RTD holders can enter Italy without a visa.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for your comments but I am just looking for confirmation that Italy is visa-free. I am traveling through Italy from a third country and don't want to go through the hassle at the airport over there. Emailed the embassy here with no response. Just looking for an official wesbite that says RTD holders can enter Italy without a visa.
According to Traveldoc.aero , web that is used by airlines to issue boarding pass, you need visa to Italy.

Vancouver (BC) International Airport
Canada
Milan Linate Airport| July 4, 2022
Italy
cancelYou are not clear to board this flight. Please check the messages below.
See here for the full travel requirements for your flight keyboard_arrow_down
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Additional Information keyboard_arrow_down
  • Visa is not required for passengers holding Travel Document ("Titre De Voyage") issued in accordance with the Refugee Convention of 1951 or the Stateless Persons Convention of 1954 provided the passenger is a resident of a Schengen Area member state. Maximum stay of 90 days.
    Visa is required for all other travel documents issued to stateless persons or refugees.
  • Passengers may hold a travel document indicating their gender as 'F', 'M', or 'X'.
  • Travel Documents issued by Canada prior to 2010 are not valid for travel.
  • Travel documents issued more than 10 years prior to arrival are not accepted.
  • Passengers may be refused entry if they do not have access to sufficient funds for their stay in Italy. The amount depends on the circumstances.
    • For one passenger staying for up to 5 days, at least EUR 269.60 is needed on arrival.
    • For two or more passengers staying for up to 5 days, at least EUR 212.81 is needed per person on arrival.
    • For one passenger staying for 6 to 10 days, at least EUR 44.93 is needed per day.
    • For two or more passengers staying for 6 to 10 days, at least EUR 26.33 is needed per person per day.
    • For one passenger staying for 11 to 20 days, at least EUR 51.64 is needed on arrival as well as an additional EUR 36.67 per day.
    • For two or more passengers staying for 11 to 20 days, at least EUR 25.82 is needed per person on arrival as well as an additional EUR 22.21 per day.
    • For one passenger staying for more than 20 days, at least EUR 206.58 is needed on arrival as well as an additional EUR 27.89 per day.
    • For two or more passengers staying for more than 20 days, at least EUR 118.79 is needed per person on arrival as well as an additional EUR 17.04 per day.

imran3011

Jul 2, 2022
Hello guys. I have a flight to istanbul. I am holding a RTD. I am transiting in Geneva, Switzerland. Therefore, do I need a transit visa?

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Get a Schengen visa for the destination country. It is pretty straightforward with no hassle. Try to avoid travelling without visa even if it is technically visa free. (with the exception of Germany) Why? because there are many circumstances which border officers will give you a hard time. It is not worth it then.