+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Italy - Schengen VISA appointment query

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hi All,

I have an upcoming VISA appointment scheduled at the Italian Consulate, and, have questions on the appointment confirmation required, and, the processing. Per the messaging on the scheduling system, I need to confirm the appointment prior to going in ("It is essential to confirm the booking 3 to 10 days prior to the appointment. In the absence of such confirmation the relevant office reserves the right to cancel the booking.").

My questions follow:
  • How does one confirm the appointment - (i) Do we send them an email OR (ii) The appointment booking portal allows a confirmation closer to the date? OR (iii) Does the consulate send an email soliciting a confirmation prior to the appointment?
  • The application process requires the applicant to bring a self-addressed, prepaid Canada XPresspost envelope - Is there an option to pick up the passport in person at the consulate?
  • What is the typical processing time to issue/reject an application?
Many thanks,
NK

anupriya2986

Nov 5, 2021
Hi All,

I have an upcoming VISA appointment scheduled at the Italian Consulate, and, have questions on the appointment confirmation required, and, the processing. Per the messaging on the scheduling system, I need to confirm the appointment prior to going in ("It is essential to confirm the booking 3 to 10 days prior to the appointment. In the absence of such confirmation the relevant office reserves the right to cancel the booking.").

My questions follow:
  • How does one confirm the appointment - (i) Do we send them an email OR (ii) The appointment booking portal allows a confirmation closer to the date? OR (iii) Does the consulate send an email soliciting a confirmation prior to the appointment?
  • The application process requires the applicant to bring a self-addressed, prepaid Canada XPresspost envelope - Is there an option to pick up the passport in person at the consulate?
  • What is the typical processing time to issue/reject an application?
Many thanks,
NK
Hi,
I have a similar question. Booked my appointment but it shows to be confirmed. Could you please help and share what was the process?

Thanks