+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA vs DOB.. confused plz help

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-11.2.html?wbdisable=false <--- Official immigration law

"Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document

...the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued..."

Not sure where you got this "discretion" thing.
Dude you said age at ITA is considered which is wrong. The points decrease after age change.

And then google the difference between may vs should or will.

Your poor English comprehension is not my problem. Go get a life.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Dude you said age at ITA is considered which is wrong. The points decrease after age change.

And then google the difference between may vs should or will.

Your poor English comprehension is not my problem. Go get a life.
Lol, the words "may" or "may not" are there in the entire law. This is standard legal speak to give some room for manoeuvrability. Please read the document.

There has been no recorded case where points have decreased due to age if birthday occurred after ITA.

You are unnecessarily scaring the thread creator. Look at his questions where he is worried about app being delayed or losing points.

Nothing further to discuss, I rest my case.

Reactions: mt103plus

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Hi

I was thinking that age doesn’t matter after ITA, but now I am reading here that points do decrease after ITA and can cause delays and review required???:eek::eek::eek:

I mean I have my birthday coming in early December and I’m still waiting for my ECA. In no way I can submit my e-APR before my birthday and does that mean my points will decrease after ITA, if I get one.
And will get review required and DELAYS!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh come on guys, now what’s all this!!!!
Please clarify. You guys have given me quite a HEART ACHE!!!

DelPiero07, cansha, navinball please clarify. I mean you’re senior guys here. So please clarify.
Chill buddy. I have given the official link from IRCC website. Your age WILL GET LOCKED at ITA so as long as your ITA is before your birthday, it's all good!

100% guaranteed you won't lose points. Don't know why other people are unnecessarily creating confusion :rolleyes:.

Reactions: mt103plus and g90

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Okay, thanks to all.

So as I get it, it all comes down to this that if I get an ITA and my birthday comes in between before AOR, and even if my points go under the ITA threshold, even then I will be fine. It does no harm as long as my points were above the ITA threshold at the time of ITA.

I think all clear.
So all guys, please chill.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
here it is from the official site. the red highlighted part clearly says CRS score is recalculated and might drop below cutoff due to age. however if it does then the officer should not reject it per the public policy.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

Reactions: g90

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
here it is from the official site. the red highlighted part clearly says CRS score is recalculated and might drop below cutoff due to age. however if it does then the officer should not reject it per the public policy.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
Hello
I m submitting my application.my points reduced as I had my birthday after receiving ITA.Should I mention anything about this in LOE?
Thanx in advance

meetliji

May 15, 2023
Hello
I m submitting my application.my points reduced as I had my birthday after receiving ITA.Should I mention anything about this in LOE?
Thanx in advance
Hi
I know it’s an old thread and you might have settled in Canada and leading a good life. I am in same boat now so i just wanted to know whether your file was in review required? Also when did tou get your approval

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hi
I know it’s an old thread and you might have settled in Canada and leading a good life. I am in same boat now so i just wanted to know whether your file was in review required? Also when did tou get your approval
No DOB did not cause any trouble to us..as we already got our ITA before birthday.so it was all good.