+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Upfront medical exams

grace2021

Mar 29, 2021
I got the invitation to apply as part of the provincial nominee program.
In my portal, I was asked to submit a "Proof of upfront medical exam ". However, I see that most people get requested to perform the medical exam later after submission.
Are there different processes with regard to WHEN the medical exam is performed?
Thanks

monteirotan

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
I got the invitation to apply as part of the provincial nominee program.
In my portal, I was asked to submit a "Proof of upfront medical exam ". However, I see that most people get requested to perform the medical exam later after submission.
Are there different processes with regard to WHEN the medical exam is performed?
Thanks
I received an email with the following update:

Thank you for submitting an Express Entry profile. You are now a candidate in the pool.

We would like to inform you of recent changes to the Express Entry requirements for the Immigration Medical Examination (IME).

As of July 7, 2022, if you receive an invitation to apply (ITA), an upfront Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is required as part of your application, whether you are in Canada or outside of Canada. Your family members, must also have their IME results, even if they aren’t coming with you.

grace2021

Mar 29, 2021
I received an email with the following update:

Thank you for submitting an Express Entry profile. You are now a candidate in the pool.

We would like to inform you of recent changes to the Express Entry requirements for the Immigration Medical Examination (IME).
Thank you for sharing this.
I had applied in June. Do you know whether this update may have started earlier?