PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
Not sure what you're asking. That is information directly from IRCC. Some find it contradictory and confusing. But it is the key source of information on this topic available to the general public.
Thanks for engaging with me:

Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) includes a new authority that supports the Express Entry system.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

Based on the above, it seems that if I submit the eAPR after the one year I should be good. What are your views on this new clause?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for engaging with me:
Based on the above, it seems that if I submit the eAPR after the one year I should be good. What are your views on this new clause?
This is not new and my opinion has not changed.

First, you have to understand that you are talking about "minimum entry criteria" (MEC), not the CRS score, and then find the applicable rules (which are different).

If you scroll further down to the section on "Requirement to maintain the MEC" - it is quite clear:

Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR.

If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to such a degree that their qualifications fall below the MEC, the application must be refused under section A11.2. The officer must also consider whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program to which they are applying or for misrepresentation.

If you are in further doubt, you can click on the link to the Ministerial Instructions and read it there. That is the official guidance.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
This is not new and my opinion has not changed.

First, you have to understand that you are talking about "minimum entry criteria" (MEC), not the CRS score, and then find the applicable rules (which are different).

If you scroll further down to the section on "Requirement to maintain the MEC" - it is quite clear:

Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR.

If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to such a degree that their qualifications fall below the MEC, the application must be refused under section A11.2. The officer must also consider whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program to which they are applying or for misrepresentation.

If you are in further doubt, you can click on the link to the Ministerial Instructions and read it there. That is the official guidance.
Can I PM you?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, make the change so you're not eligible anymore under the CEC program and explain the situation in a LOE.

A friend of mine had this issue and this is the approach she took. She is now a PR.
Hello. I received my ITA for FSW yesterday and in the system my profile has got converted to PR application. Do you suggest that now that I have been invited for FSW, I should change the start date of my Canadian experience from June to May in the application? The change will not impact my CRS score even by a single point. I can explain in LoE that I put it as June in Express Entry Profile so as to not get incorrectly invited for CEC.

Or I should not do this, if information in Express Entry Profile at the time of ITA and in the application must match. Please suggest !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I received my ITA for FSW yesterday and in the system my profile has got converted to PR application. Do you suggest that now that I have been invited for FSW, I should change the start date of my Canadian experience from June to May in the application? The change will not impact my CRS score even by a single point. I can explain in LoE that I put it as June in Express Entry Profile so as to not get incorrectly invited for CEC.

Or I should not do this, if information in Express Entry Profile at the time of ITA and in the application must match. Please suggest !
I'm so confused with your post.

You're saying you got invited under the FSW program and you want to make a change for you not to get invited under the CEC program?

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
I'm so confused with your post.

You're saying you got invited under the FSW program and you want to make a change for you not to get invited under the CEC program?
At the time of Express Entry profile creation, the system was wrongly determining me eligible for CEC even though my Canadian expreience was 11 months 4 days (25th May 2016 to 28 Apr 2017). So I put the start of this work entry as June 2016 instead of May 2016 so that I dont get an ITA for CEC as I would not have been able to claim it later. Now I have got ITA for FSW and my profile has changed to application. My question now is that should I now change it in the application from June to May or let it remain as it is. The change will not impact my CRS score.

ramu_24

Mar 22, 2017
@All

Please refer the link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-aor-2017-join-here.488026/page-223

As per this case it is clear that day of AoR is important not day of ITA in deciding the CEC citeria/MEC criteria.

The confusion as per my understanding is only for those who during the day of AoR are not able to justify 1 year of experience, and not the day of ITA.

Copied message :

Yipee!
Ready for visa? That's the email I received at 3pm on the 7th sept,2017
That's the golden email I suppose!
May 1 AOR CEC inland-( I think you all should recall me panicking and getting worried at some point in July and @vpkasbek consoled and advised me! Thanks man! I really appreciate
I was 15 days short for the one year required work experience so I doubted my eligibility, but still went ahead and applied- Got AOR May 1st. Two dependants (Spouse not in Canada, and son in Canada)
However, I had PNP in process as well since (NOV 2016)- still in process as I type
No update on CEC until Aug 1, 2017 when I called CIC- medical reviewed, then I called again CIC, few hours later it changed to 'passed'
Then in the last week of Aug, I got a additional docs to be needed(spouse: data page update) and right of PR fee(didn't pay upfront)
A day after additional docs says received, then reviewed and the following day says "updated"
I placed a call to CIC, spoke to agent asking if the additional docs has been received(even when I actually know its currently been reviewed.....lol)
Few hours later I got " Ready for Visa?
I will say calling CIC does work
Each time I call CIC, I get updates on my application status few hours later(I was just lucky...maybe!)
Note that my background check says ....'we are processing your application! It never changed at any point to non-applicable or anything during my entire application process!
If you are not sure where your application is at, I will say Call CIC!!! don't be intimated by the agent who is not willing to share the abundant info they can read on your file, ask specific questions, be very emotional, don't be formal- after all they cant see your beautiful faces...lol. It worked for me
Good luck to you all and thanks so very much everyone.

denyl182002

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Med's Done....
05-10-2017
@All

Please refer the link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-aor-2017-join-here.488026/page-223

As per this case it is clear that day of AoR is important not day of ITA in deciding the CEC citeria/MEC criteria.

The confusion as per my understanding is only for those who during the day of AoR are not able to justify 1 year of experience, and not the day of ITA.

Copied message :

Yipee!
Ready for visa? That's the email I received at 3pm on the 7th sept,2017
That's the golden email I suppose!
May 1 AOR CEC inland-( I think you all should recall me panicking and getting worried at some point in July and @vpkasbek consoled and advised me! Thanks man! I really appreciate
I was 15 days short for the one year required work experience so I doubted my eligibility, but still went ahead and applied- Got AOR May 1st. Two dependants (Spouse not in Canada, and son in Canada)
However, I had PNP in process as well since (NOV 2016)- still in process as I type
No update on CEC until Aug 1, 2017 when I called CIC- medical reviewed, then I called again CIC, few hours later it changed to 'passed'
Then in the last week of Aug, I got a additional docs to be needed(spouse: data page update) and right of PR fee(didn't pay upfront)
A day after additional docs says received, then reviewed and the following day says "updated"
I placed a call to CIC, spoke to agent asking if the additional docs has been received(even when I actually know its currently been reviewed.....lol)
Few hours later I got " Ready for Visa?
I will say calling CIC does work
Each time I call CIC, I get updates on my application status few hours later(I was just lucky...maybe!)
Note that my background check says ....'we are processing your application! It never changed at any point to non-applicable or anything during my entire application process!
If you are not sure where your application is at, I will say Call CIC!!! don't be intimated by the agent who is not willing to share the abundant info they can read on your file, ask specific questions, be very emotional, don't be formal- after all they cant see your beautiful faces...lol. It worked for me
Good luck to you all and thanks so very much everyone.
Hi Ramu,

Congratulations to your golden email :)

I am also a CEC Inland applicant. May I know your NOC and which province in Canada you are from? Did you have a valid job offer (LMIA)?

Thanks

Md Sajeeb

Jul 19, 2015
The problem isn't his CRS, the problem is that he doesn't meet the MEC for the CEC program.

"Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR."
Hi DelPiero07,

Would you mind to give some insight into my situation? I already meet the MEC (my work experience 22 months 8 days), but the problem is at the time of ITA I was awarded the CRS scores for two years of experiences. If it's ok to accept the ITA now and submit the e-APR when two years are completed?

Md Sajeeb

Jul 19, 2015
Of course : )
Hi jes_ON,

Would you mind to give some insight into my situation? I already meet the MEC (my work experience 22 months 8 days), but the problem is at the time of ITA I was awarded the CRS scores for two years of experiences. If it's ok to accept the ITA now and submit the e-APR when two years are completed?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi jes_ON,

Yes. Just do not submit the eAPR before the 2 years are completed. Note that since you are still employed, your letter of reference should also be dated after the 2 years are completed (regardless of whether you worked for the same employer the entire time).