+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA under CEC Class

ramu_24

Mar 22, 2017
The problem isn't his CRS, the problem is that he doesn't meet the MEC for the CEC program.

"Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR."
Agree to you , but if you drill down further you can see in the MEC below is mentioned as per CIC :

To meet the MEC, candidates must do the following:

As in the bold section it is mentioned as long as the applicant has provided the information what is being asked than MEC is fulfilled.

In such scenario the applicant cannot change the mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. Cannot say how its going to work but as long as applicant haev not provided any wrong information in the website he cannot be refused.

Tough one to tell though !!!

Dobs9ja

Aug 9, 2017
The problem isn't his CRS, the problem is that he doesn't meet the MEC for the CEC program.

"Ministerial Instructions created under the authority of section A10.3(1)(e) list the MEC for Express Entry. Applicants must meet the MEC to be accepted into the Express Entry pool and must also meet the MEC when they are issued an ITA and when they submit their e-APR."
Hi DelPiero07,

Thanks for the clarification. Please one question. Hypothetically speaking, if he decides to go ahead with the application and as at the time he submits his e-APR has gotten the one year Canadian experience required(i.e he submits in September). Will he still be refused?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree to you , but if you drill down further you can see in the MEC below is mentioned as per CIC :

To meet the MEC, candidates must do the following:

As in the bold section it is mentioned as long as the applicant has provided the information what is being asked than MEC is fulfilled.

In such scenario the applicant cannot change the mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. Cannot say how its going to work but as long as applicant haev not provided any wrong information in the website he cannot be refused.

Tough one to tell though !!!
I answer the bolded part of your post at least once per week. Yes, it is not his fault how the system calculates work experience but it is still his responsibility to make sure he meets the MEC for the program for which he/she is applying for.

This isn't even close, he is short by over a month from meeting the eligibility criteria, you are free to advise him to proceed but i'd completely disagree with such advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DelPiero07,

Thanks for the clarification. Please one question. Hypothetically speaking, if he decides to go ahead with the application and as at the time he submits his e-APR has gotten the one year Canadian experience required(i.e he submits in September). Will he still be refused?

Thanks.
Yes.

ramu_24

Mar 22, 2017
I answer the bolded part of your post at least once per week. Yes, it is not his fault how the system calculates work experience but it is still his responsibility to make sure he meets the MEC for the program for which he/she is applying for.

This isn't even close, he is short by over a month from meeting the eligibility criteria, you are free to advise him to proceed but i'd completely disagree with such advise.
Well as per CIC norms even i will not encourage people to apply e-APR till the expericence count become complete year, but denial of ITA in such scenario is not correct recommendation either. CIC website is clearly mentioning the pointers which is not mapping with denial of ITA in the scenario.
Thats what we can understand and what logically makes it accurate.
MEC is secondary prior to it is Section 11.2 where it is clearly mentioned as below and it clearly mention the term "or" and not "and"(huge difference in these two terrms)

Section 11.2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) includes a new authority that supports the Express Entry system.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that

• at the time of the ITA or e-APR, the applicant did not or does not meet the MEC, which includes the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply; [Applicant actually met the criteria during e-APR day ]
  • or
  • the applicant’s recalculated CRS score has fallen below that of the lowest-ranked candidate invited to apply in that round of invitations.
[Applicant CRS score is not fallen during e-APR]

On top of that as per ITA issued section of CIC website the examples which can hamper the CRS score is clearly mentioned and there is no points what we are mere speculating that we should decline the ITA on the circumstances where CRS points is actually increasing in some scenarion and not decreasing.

Examples of change in circumstance that would impact a candidate’s CRS score
Changes that could increase a candidate's CRS score:

• Graduation from a higher level of schooling;
  • Reaching an additional year of Canadian work experience;
  • Obtaining a certificate of qualification
  • Improved language test scores.
Changes that could decrease a candidate's CRS score:

• New language test score sat a lower level (e.g., original scores expire and candidate retakes the test, with lower results);
  • Loss of a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
Change that could either increase or decrease a candidate's CRS score:

• Addition of a spouse or common-law partner, since an applicant’s CRS score may increase or decrease, depending on the spouse or partner’s own human capital.
Change for which candidates are not penalized for losing points:

Neverthless it depends on individual decision on this but as per CIC current circular there is no harm in submitting the application on the day of e-APR is falling where your MEC + CRS -Points is greater and equal to the lowest CRS as per the dwar on ITA day.

Hope it is clear to everyone and everyone can take their own stand on what is provided in the website.

Reactions: Hazel75

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Decline the ITA and proceed only after you complete a year of work experience.
Hi,
I am in the same boat. I have 11 months and 4 days experience in Canada (from 25th May 2016 to 28th April 2017) but system determines me eligible for CEC. I have now left Canada, so there is no way I can have a change in my Canadian work exp. I might meet cutoff for FSW also but then if qualified for both I find from forums that I will get ITA for CEC only. Can you please suggest me what to do? Is it ok to change the start date for above period to June 2016 (instead of May 2016)? Will this be misrepresentation of information?
Please note before 25th May (that is, till 24th May I was employed outside Canada and therefore May 2016 is end date for my previous work history entry as well). Logically in this case, I think I should not have overlapping start and end dates of consecutive work history entries in my profile. So it should be anyways ok to put start of Canada work exp as June 2016. Please guide me. Its urgent for me now !! Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am in the same boat. I have 11 months and 4 days experience in Canada (from 25th May 2016 to 28th April 2017) but system determines me eligible for CEC. I have now left Canada, so there is no way I can have a change in my Canadian work exp. I might meet cutoff for FSW also but then if qualified for both I find from forums that I will get ITA for CEC only. Can you please suggest me what to do? Is it ok to change the start date for above period to June 2016 (instead of May 2016)? Will this be misrepresentation of information?
Please note before 25th May (that is, till 24th May I was employed outside Canada and therefore May 2016 is end date for my previous work history entry as well). Logically in this case, I think I should not have overlapping start and end dates of consecutive work history entries in my profile. So it should be anyways ok to put start of Canada work exp as June 2016. Please guide me. Its urgent for me now !! Thanks
Yes, make the change so you're not eligible anymore under the CEC program and explain the situation in a LOE.

A friend of mine had this issue and this is the approach she took. She is now a PR.

Reactions: jes_ON

RG2005

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, make the change so you're not eligible anymore under the CEC program and explain the situation in a LOE.

A friend of mine had this issue and this is the approach she took. She is now a PR.
Thanks a lot !! I will go ahead with the change.. :) and provide an explanation in LoE. I was really worried even though the change does not impact my total CRS points (just my eligibility for CEC changes). I really wish that in future, CIC adds the field for "Date" along side Month and Year in Work History so that applicants do not face this confusion.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks a lot !! I will go ahead with the change.. :) and provide an explanation in LoE. I was really worried even though the change does not impact my total CRS points (just my eligibility for CEC changes). I really wish that in future, CIC adds the field for "Date" along side Month and Year in Work History so that applicants do not face this confusion.
Yes, it would be simple fix, right? But for now, IRCC gets to keep the application fees of all those who are confused, but ineligible.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
This seems to be a big issue here. I was also issued an ITA in August. I started working in Canada in Sept 26 2016 but received ITA Aug 24 2017. I entered all of the correct information and the system gave me points under CEC even though I qualify for FSW. We are just about to submit our application on Mon Sept 18. I'm wondering if we should just wait until Sept 25 just to be on the safe side.

It hard to consider that the CIC system would give you the points then a Visa Officer would reject your PR after you did everything correctly.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This seems to be a big issue here. I was also issued an ITA in August. I started working in Canada in Sept 26 2016 but received ITA Aug 24 2017. I entered all of the correct information and the system gave me points under CEC even though I qualify for FSW.

??? There is one point system, for all the classes. I suppose you mean that you received points for your Canadian experience when you should not have. (Why did you enter it, then?) Do you mean, you received the ITA for CEC instead of FSW?

If you deduct the points for the Canadian experience, is your CRS score still eligible for your draw?

We are just about to submit our application on Mon Sept 18. I'm wondering if we should just wait until Sept 25 just to be on the safe side.

It's not a matter of when you submit the eAPR. You must qualify at the time of the ITA. So, if you know you did not qualify at the time of the ITA, you should decline - your profile will go back into the pool. You should easily receive another ITA, but I would recommend removing the Canadian experience until after you have completed a full year.

It hard to consider that the CIC system would give you the points then a Visa Officer would reject your PR after you did everything correctly.
No argument there, it is a rather disgraceful flaw in the system, in my opinion.

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
Thanks for responding. I have 435. If I remove the Canadian Experience I will only have 400. After 3 weeks of planning and getting our medicals done and everything I thought we were ready to apply. I just decided to read through the forums and saw this point. I'm pissed. They need to fix this problem so as not to give people false hope. Now I have to decline and re-enter all that information for my family of five. It's just crazy. No wonder 40% of ITA's are declined.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for responding. I have 435. If I remove the Canadian Experience I will only have 400. After 3 weeks of planning and getting our medicals done and everything I thought we were ready to apply. I just decided to read through the forums and saw this point. I'm pissed. They need to fix this problem so as not to give people false hope. Now I have to decline and re-enter all that information for my family of five. It's just crazy. No wonder 40% of ITA's are declined.
Well, a sliver of good news is that you won't have to re-enter the information, your profile will go back into the pool.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010