+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Statutory Questions - IMM5669 Visa refusal to Canada or Any other countries (Not matching past applications to IRCC)

Mapletree555

Feb 18, 2024
Hi everyone!
I have a question and would like to get your help!
I used to live in Singapore and applied to the Singapore Permanent Residency before but got rejected.
When I apply for my Canadian study permit two years ago, there is one question in the background declaration form asking “have you ever been refused for any visa or permit” and I answered NO. My impression to that question back then was that the question was asking about temporary resident visa. In Singapore, it’s completely normal to get rejected in pr application and continue hold work permit to live there.

Now when I am looking at the IMM5669 form for pr application, the question is more specific on the “refusal of immigration or permanent residency visa” and I started to realize I should put YES in the previous study permit declaration form as well because visa could means any types of visa.
My question is that should I worry about the information mismatch and how should I explain in the line of explanation in the IMM5669 form?

Many thanks! Looking for your insights or sharing from folks who are in the same shoes!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone!
I have a question and would like to get your help!
I used to live in Singapore and applied to the Singapore Permanent Residency before but got rejected.
When I apply for my Canadian study permit two years ago, there is one question in the background declaration form asking “have you ever been refused for any visa or permit” and I answered NO. My impression to that question back then was that the question was asking about temporary resident visa. In Singapore, it’s completely normal to get rejected in pr application and continue hold work permit to live there.

Now when I am looking at the IMM5669 form for pr application, the question is more specific on the “refusal of immigration or permanent residency visa” and I started to realize I should put YES in the previous study permit declaration form as well because visa could means any types of visa.
My question is that should I worry about the information mismatch and how should I explain in the line of explanation in the IMM5669 form?

Many thanks! Looking for your insights or sharing from folks who are in the same shoes!
Yes be truthful.