+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA recieved with old score

arathyg

Apr 21, 2015
Hi folks,

I had submitted my application and received my first ITA on July 10th. The cut off score was 469 and I exactly got the cut off score. Later, I realized that I had made a mistake in the application. I declined my ITA and updated my application with the correct information. The new score was then 461. I received another ITA today, i.e September 8, 2015. The cut off for this round of invitation was 459. But the new letter of invitation had a previous score in it (469) and my application profile checklist mentions "no invitation at this time".

I started my search to see if people experienced similar problems before and I encountered this link in the forum (pls remove spaces):
www . canadavisa . com / canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-profile-score-and-ita-score-received-do-not-match-t280246.0.html
Unfortunately, the thread did not complete with a satisfactory answer.

I am confused weather to continue with the application or reject it and start a new one. Looking at the history of the ITA, there is a high chance of the cut off points increasing. Is it advisable to continue or start a new one?

Please pool in your thoughts and findings.

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
arathyg said:
Hi folks,

I had submitted my application and received my first ITA on July 10th. The cut off score was 469 and I exactly got the cut off score. Later, I realized that I had made a mistake in the application. I declined my ITA and updated my application with the correct information. The new score was then 461. I received another ITA today, i.e September 8, 2015. The cut off for this round of invitation was 459. But the new letter of invitation had a previous score in it (469) and my application profile checklist mentions "no invitation at this time".

I started my search to see if people experienced similar problems before and I encountered this link in the forum (pls remove spaces):
www . canadavisa . com / canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-profile-score-and-ita-score-received-do-not-match-t280246.0.html
Unfortunately, the thread did not complete with a satisfactory answer.

I am confused weather to continue with the application or reject it and start a new one. Looking at the history of the ITA, there is a high chance of the cut off points increasing. Is it advisable to continue or start a new one?

Please pool in your thoughts and findings.

The problem is that u can decline ur invitation and get another one with again the wrong score....according to my understanding is that if ur correct score is equal or higher than the cut off then u r good to go... but u should add LOE to explain ur situation with ur application. It is just my opinion.

Cic checks if ur score according to the application u will send is equal or higher than the cut off.. that actually what i know... i hope anyone who had the same experience to share it..

Good luck

Ivyxu

Sep 8, 2015
Please attach a letter of explanation to explain your situation.
Meanwhile you don't have to withdraw your file again since you already did once.
Go ahead and file your documents with the letter of explanation.
You should be fine.
Congratulations!
Good Luck.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a continual glitch for people who have declined an ITA. CIC do know your revised score and you are okay to continue with the new ITA.

gaggu06

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Baja Khana
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2015
AOR Received.
19-09-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Got ITA today

Marija1888

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I also have a problem with new ITA. I declined our invitation because I found a new NOC code that would fit better with the job duties for one former job. I wanted to make sure that we did everything right and declined so I can update new NOC code. It didn't change our points as I changed it from 7321 to 7301, and that is also NOC B, in Federal Skilled trade. We got a new invitation and when I looked at my profile, the information that I put the second time, when I changed the NOC code didn't change, everything was like in the old profile, but when I go to check my transmited information, it shows the changes I made with new NOC code. Should I change that NOC code, like I did before we got ITA but it didn't change in the profile and explain why I changed it? I hope I didn't confuse you with this, I am just frustated because I declined and changed it and now it's the same like the first time. Thank you