+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received under FSW - This is a hard one, what to do?

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
Hi guys,

I received ITA to apply under FSW yesterday. I was hoping to get it under CEC, given that I met both. But anyways:

My common law partner is a Canadian citizen, so we decided to apply Inland before my PGWP expired. Currently I am under Implied Status. (If you are wondering why Inland: Loosing my job was not an option, I work in renewables, it's extremely hard to find a job).

1. For proof of funds will I have to show the full amount designated by LICO? (This is why I was hoping to get it under CEC)

2. My application for FSW was rejected a couple of months ago, I won't be getting my documents back. For the foreign work experience letter, will I have to get another original one from my employer? Or does the copy that I made before sending my application will be enough? I guess I really don't know the EE process.

3. Last but not least, is it smart to reject this invitation and modify to receive one under CEC? I know it's based on demand and draws might go up instead of down.

Thanks!!

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting as your partner is a Canadian citizen and therefore eligible for the full suite of benefits available to him/her in terms of EI and Healthcare. I believe that they shouldn't even be considered as part of the "dependents" part of Proof of Funds but I don't make the rules!!! Could be a question for CIC - it's honestly stupid if they force you to stump up funds for two people if one of them is a Canadian citizen - but this is the government we're dealing with, no room for logic!

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cedfeliz said:
Hi guys,

I received ITA to apply under FSW yesterday. I was hoping to get it under CEC, given that I met both. But anyways:

My common law partner is a Canadian citizen, so we decided to apply Inland before my PGWP expired. Currently I am under Implied Status. (If you are wondering why Inland: Loosing my job was not an option, I work in renewables, it's extremely hard to find a job).

1. For proof of funds will I have to show the full amount designated by LICO? (This is why I was hoping to get it under CEC)

2. My application for FSW was rejected a couple of months ago, I won't be getting my documents back. For the foreign work experience letter, will I have to get another original one from my employer? Or does the copy that I made before sending my application will be enough? I guess I really don't know the EE process.

3. Last but not least, is it smart to reject this invitation and modify to receive one under CEC? I know it's based on demand and draws might go up instead of down.

Thanks!!
1. For proof of funds, you need to have $14,853 CAD. See the following Link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2. Not Sure.

3. There is no guarantee that if you refuse ITA now, and will get next one under CEC.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
cedfeliz said:
Hi guys,

Thanks!!
May I ask, for your work experience, did you only submit Reference Letters or you submitted your paystubs and all as well?

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
I have 1 year and a bit of foreign work experience and 1 year and a bit of canadian work experience. Which is my current job.
I havent submitted anything so far. I have to call CIC tomorrow regarding proof of funds and then go from there.
I do have employment letters from both of my employers. For my current job, I have t4 and paystubs as well.

Does anyone here know if I at any moment in time you will have to send the original documents to CIC? If not, I would be able to use photocopies from a Rejected FSW from last year.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
cedfeliz said:
I have 1 year and a bit of foreign work experience and 1 year and a bit of canadian work experience. Which is my current job.
I havent submitted anything so far. I have to call CIC tomorrow regarding proof of funds and then go from there.
I do have employment letters from both of my employers. For my current job, I have t4 and paystubs as well.

Does anyone here know if I at any moment in time you will have to send the original documents to CIC? If not, I would be able to use photocopies from a Rejected FSW from last year.

1) Photocopies are ok! Reference letter is just statment weather you have experience, if they have doubts they will check it.
2) Proof of funds: your partner is not dependant, funds only for 1 person is needed. You don't need to include your partner in express entry. This will only decrease your points.
Your Canadian citizen partner is not in any way part of express entry!

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
Thanks nick!
If i stated that i have 5,000 in funds. Will i have to show that amount or the LICO amount?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
cedfeliz said:
Do we have to mail documents to CIC in Nova Scotia as last year with EE?
Hi,
everything is done electronically now. You don't send anything by mail. Just scan and upload every document.