+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received Today, IELTS score about to expire in two weeks

Mar 1, 2017
Hi Experts,

I did receive an ITA today. But I realized that I took IELTS exam on Mar 14th 2015, which means my IELTS score is about to expire in 2 weeks from now.

I am not sure if i will be able to complete and submit the application before Mar 14th. As I have to do medical and police certificates and all.

Please suggest if I need to re-write IELTS? or it should work as the IELTS score is valid at the time I received ITA.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Kamal

Mar 1, 2017
If I am able to get my medical done before march 14th, can I submit the application without police certificate.

I need to get police clearance from these 3 countries:
1. India
2. USA
3. Canada

Also I am not sure if I need a police clearance from Canada. I lived there for 16 months in 2014-15.

I can submit pcc later. Is this an option?

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
PCC for Canada is not needed.

Submitting w/o PCC can lead to outright rejection.. best is to decline the ITA, take IELTS soon and then apply in the next entry. you need to really do this fast.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no need to decline the ITA - you have to retake the IETLS if you cannot submit your eAPR before your IETLS expires, you also have to make sure that your new score does not affect your CRS score so that you'd be below the cutoff score for which you received an invitation.

Your biggest issue right now is the processing time it takes to obtain a US PCC.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last_try said:
should be valid at the time of eAPR
Not only valid, but if the new scores take OP's EE points below cutoff (based on which he/she got ITA), then OP would be no longer eligible to apply.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
thejkhan said:
Not only valid, but if the new scores take OP's EE points below cutoff (based on which he/she got ITA), then OP would be no longer eligible to apply.
Obvious.

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
kamalmaheshwari3@gmail.co said:
If I am able to get my medical done before march 14th, can I submit the application without police certificate.

I need to get police clearance from these 3 countries:
1. India
2. USA
3. Canada

Also I am not sure if I need a police clearance from Canada. I lived there for 16 months in 2014-15.

I can submit pcc later. Is this an option?

Apply for US PCC since it take 3 months right away. and get the fingerprints done by professional . If you are in india , Dont give your address . giv address of sm 1 in Canada or US . you have 90 days ... after 90 days ask for extension , they will giv you 2 months extension. keep the receipt of pcc and courier for your reference and provide it in LOE

Regive the IELTS asap ... if ur score comes down giv 1 more and keep buffer.

Mar 1, 2017
Thanks!

Lets say with the new IELTS test my current score drops a little bit but still with in cut off e.g. score drops from 440 to 434 which is the cut off for today. Am I still be eligible for applying?.

In worst case lets say score goes below cut off say 420 or so, but at the time I submit APR if the new cut off is below 420 will they consider my application.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamalmaheshwari3@gmail.co said:
Thanks!

Lets say with the new IELTS test my current score drops a little bit but still with in cut off e.g. score drops from 440 to 434 which is the cut off for today. Am I still be eligible for applying?.

In worst case lets say score goes below cut off say 420 or so, but at the time I submit APR if the new cut off is below 420 will they consider my application.
They consider your application on the basis of the score on the day you were invited and not the current applicable cutoff.