ITA received - Should I add spouse now?

Tuaha Buksh

Jan 10, 2019
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Fellow Members,
Looking forward to your opinion and experiences of adding spouse after receiving ITA. I received my ITA in the last draw August 5th. I am engaged and scheduled to get married in December. My fiance gave her Ielts and we received her result yesterday. After adding her in my profile, my CRS is now 478 which is higher than 476 the cut of score of the respective draw.
I now have the option of getting married earlier and changing my status before submitting my application. I plan on taking my spouse to Canada with me.
The other option is to aubmit my application now, get married in December and then add her later.

I would like to know if anyone added their spouse after receiving ITA and before submitting the application? How did it go? If there were any challenges within the process?

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hello Fellow Members,
Looking forward to your opinion and experiences of adding spouse after receiving ITA. I received my ITA in the last draw August 5th. I am engaged and scheduled to get married in December. My fiance gave her Ielts and we received her result yesterday. After adding her in my profile, my CRS is now 478 which is higher than 476 the cut of score of the respective draw.
I now have the option of getting married earlier and changing my status before submitting my application. I plan on taking my spouse to Canada with me.
The other option is to aubmit my application now, get married in December and then add her later.

I would like to know if anyone added their spouse after receiving ITA and before submitting the application? How did it go? If there were any challenges within the process?
Get married, update your profile and then go for ITA, adding spouse later will take more time for her to come, already the waiting times are higher because of covid. If you will go alone now it will take approx 9-12 months for your spouse to come to canada.

Tuaha Buksh

Jan 10, 2019
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Get married, update your profile and then go for ITA, adding spouse later will take more time for her to come, already the waiting times are higher because of covid. If you will go alone now it will take approx 9-12 months for your spouse to come to canada.
Hey, Thanks for the reply. But I already have my ITA.
The question whether to add now or after AOR

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Apply and recieve AOR, get married and add her. Don't land as single without adding her obviously. If you add her now, your points will be re-assessed. Points won't be re-assessed if you add her after applying.

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
This is only if he lands, gets married and send a spousal sponsorship application.

Tuaha Buksh

Jan 10, 2019
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Apply and recieve AOR, get married and add her. Don't land as single without adding her obviously. If you add her now, your points will be re-assessed. Points won't be re-assessed if you add her after applying.
Yeah but as far as points reassessment is concerned, after adding her, my points are still over the draw cut off, so that's not really an issue. The issue any other impact this might make on my application.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
The thing is you are not married yet, you will need to provide proof of marriage .

As advised earlier, submit your file, add her after getting married, anyways your case will be in progress till you get married in December.