+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received - police check question

basait82

Nov 29, 2016
Hi guys,

Hope you are well. I just received an ITA on Tuesday gone. I am just finalizing the form and other documents. I have applied for the police checks that I definitely knew I needed but while completing the history of travel in the last 10 years I came across a query.

I went on holiday to the USA between October 2002 and April 2003 which was for 5 months and 25 days and then was on holiday there again between October the 6th 2009 and October 20th 2009 (total of 2 weeks). Would I need to get a police check done from the USA?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
if all the stay you mentioned was after you turned 18, then you need a PCC as the stay exceeded 6 months.

MANCHESTERFAN99

Feb 22, 2017
xpressentry said:
if all the stay you mentioned was after you turned 18, then you need a PCC as the stay exceeded 6 months.

Hi I received my ITA on Feb 22 , I am a non US citizen so US FBI PCC will take me 12 - 14 weeks , I knew this so applied three weeks before. Now I got to know I need PCC for my unaccompanying spouse . I have 86 days left . What are my options ?

1)Can I ask the VO for extension as they take 12 - 14 weeks ? OR
2) I decline my ITA and wait for the next draw which will buy me time.

NOTE - Please tell me how to ask for a extension if I need to .

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You won't get an extension. CIC website states that some countries take long to issue PCC and to apply in advance. Apply for your wife asap. Wait until the end of 90 days and if still not PCC then decline and enter the pool again. Hopefully the downward trend continues and you get another ITA.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
MANCHESTERFAN99 said:
Hi I received my ITA on Feb 22 , I am a non US citizen so US FBI PCC will take me 12 - 14 weeks , I knew this so applied three weeks before. Now I got to know I need PCC for my unaccompanying spouse . I have 86 days left . What are my options ?

1)Can I ask the VO for extension as they take 12 - 14 weeks ? OR
2) I decline my ITA and wait for the next draw which will buy me time.

NOTE - Please tell me how to ask for a extension if I need to .
There have been many members on this forum who have reported to receive extension from IRCC for submission of USA PCC. This was only after they included the proof that they have applied for the PCC and are still waiting to receive it.
These members submitted their e-APR only within the last 3 to 4 days of their submission deadline, requested for extension and were granted the same.

MANCHESTERFAN99

Feb 22, 2017
sushsmart15 said:
There have been many members on this forum who have reported to receive extension from IRCC for submission of USA PCC. This was only after they included the proof that they have applied for the PCC and are still waiting to receive it.
These members submitted their e-APR only within the last 3 to 4 days of their submission deadline, requested for extension and were granted the same.
Thanks , can you please tell me how would they have submitted the e-APR without a pcc ?

Would they upload the proofs that they applied PCC in the upload PCC folder ?

I dont know how and who to ask a extension either ?can you please tell.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
MANCHESTERFAN99 said:
Thanks , can you please tell me how would they have submitted the e-APR without a pcc ?

Would they upload the proofs that they applied PCC in the upload PCC folder ?

I dont know how and who to ask a extension either ?can you please tell.
Yes of course you must submit the proof that you have applied for it and include it as a part of PCC placeholder. First page in PCC section will be a letter of explanation where you mention for each country when you exited last and when you obtained the PCC. Here you must mention that you have been waiting for a long time to receive US PCC but still did not receive it. You are submitting this application since you don't want to miss the 90 day deadline. Kindly request them to give you another 45 days extension. They will respond back during processing.

Remember you should wait until last 3 to 4 days of your deadline and only then submit your application. IRCC is aware of procesing times of FBI. In case you receive the PCC within this time period then all this hassle disappears. All the best.

MANCHESTERFAN99

Feb 22, 2017
sushsmart15 said:
Yes of course you must submit the proof that you have applied for it and include it as a part of PCC placeholder. First page in PCC section will be a letter of explanation where you mention for each country when you exited last and when you obtained the PCC. Here you must mention that you have been waiting for a long time to receive US PCC but still did not receive it. You are submitting this application since you don't want to miss the 90 day deadline. Kindly request them to give you another 45 days extension. They will respond back during processing.

Remember you should wait until last 3 to 4 days of your deadline and only then submit your application. IRCC is aware of procesing times of FBI. In case you receive the PCC within this time period then all this hassle disappears. All the best.
Thanks sushsmart15