ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
Niha.. i also think so there are few others in the whatsapp group to they are also waiting for bg check to start..its been a long time...

niha76 said:
there is no change is my status...still background check not started..i guess they are not willing to start background check of applicant from outside canada :mad: :mad: :mad:

sathyanveshi

May 26, 2015
Pals

I, the main applicant, applied from outside Canada...from the UK. However family in India and hence has got an Indian address for the family. Not sure if it makes any difference that both self and my wife have got prior work experience in Canada.

Cheers
M

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
hi! my status changed yesterday. Passed my medical exam, and background check status changed to "in progress"...

is there anything that I need to do? I didn't get any email about getting my fingerprints yet. what do you guys think?

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
ITA: March 27
Application submitted: March 31
AOR: March 31
Medical passed: May 1
Background check in progress: May 1

ECAS:
We received your application for permanent residence on February 13, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 14, 2015.
May 1: Third line added medicals passed

No changes ever since!

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
omolomi said:
ITA: 17th April
App Submission:08 MAY
AOR:08th MAY
Eligibility Review: In progress
Medical: Passed (19th MAY) did medical on May 5th
Additional documents requested: 19th MAY
Additional documents provided: 21st MAY
Background Check: In progress (22nd May)

All in all my application process since I submitted my documents(on May8) has been less than a month! :eek:
wow.. what documents did they asked for ?

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:

All in all my application process since I submitted my documents(on May8) has been less than a month! :eek:
This is really quick, are you inside or outside Canada?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:

I've got the exact timeline as you except that while your background check is in progress mine hasn't started. This is further proof that those who apply within Canada will have their applications processed faster than those outside Canada.

niha76

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
100% agree with you ..

Anya654 said:
I've got the exact timeline as you except that while your background check is in progress mine hasn't started. This is further proof that those who apply within Canada will have their applications processed faster than those outside Canada.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
dragon17Sky said:
wow.. what documents did they asked for ?
They asked for proof of funds (a whole other issue in another thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t293219.0.html ::), I am CEC btw, and my IELTS test report form

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
Anya654 said:
That may be true, considering its easier to do background check for someone in Canada than outside. but I am sure yours will update soon. I have a theory that they are trying to process the current submitted applications before they have to deal with the applications that will be coming in from the recent draw.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolomi said:
That may be true, considering its easier to do background check for someone in Canada than outside. but I am sure yours will update soon. I have a theory that they are trying to process the current submitted applications before they have to deal with the applications that will be coming in from the recent draw.
Not sure how that works - don't see why it should be easier for an officer to simply set the BG status as "Not Started" for people applying from outside Canada while simultaneously setting it to "In Progress" directly for others (skipping that entire step of "Not Started"!) - could it possibly mean that the files of outside Canada applicants have now been transferred to the respective local Visa offices for further processing and that those local officers are,

1. Poorly trained in EE system and not well versed about these steps
2. Procrastinating over these cases because they are overburdened with older files
3. Trying to maintain a certain prescribed minimum time window before responding

I remember seeing posts about someone who got a PPR from NDVO and someone else who has an interview scheduled at HKVO in June. What about the rest of us?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Not sure how that works - don't see why it should be easier for an officer to simply set the BG status as "Not Started" for people applying from outside Canada while simultaneously setting it to "In Progress" directly for others (skipping that entire step of "Not Started"!) - could it possibly mean that the files of outside Canada applicants have now been transferred to the respective local Visa offices for further processing and that those local officers are,

2. Procrastinating over these cases because they are overburdened with older files
3. Trying to maintain a certain prescribed minimum time window before responding

I remember seeing posts about someone who got a PPR from NDVO and someone else who has an interview scheduled at HKVO in June. What about the rest of us?
My exact thoughts. I'm more inclined towards option 1 though ie the other VO's have not yet been trained on the EE process.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Further to my post above, the status below is that of the guy from China

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started

As you can see his background check hasn't yet started however he has been called for an interview which I find quite strange. It's my understanding that only a complete check would have had to be carried out after which your background check changes to not started. It's also my understanding that when your background check is in progress would it be when you're called for an interview to verify the authenticity of your application. This EE system makes me more and more confused as the days go by.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
Further to my post above, the status below is that of the guy from China

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started

As you can see his background check hasn't yet started however he has been called for an interview which I find quite strange. It's my understanding that only a complete check would have had to be carried out after which your background check changes to not started. It's also my understanding that when your background check is in progress would it be when you're called for an interview to verify the authenticity of your application. This EE system makes me more and more confused as the days go by.
Bang on Anya! It is indeed strange that someone is asked to come in for an interview with this status. EE doesn't seem to have any logic/reasoning in place yet!

What I want to know and haven't had much luck finding out is the BG processing flowchart before EE era because that might shed some light on 2 crucial areas - What does it really mean to have status as Not Started and In Progress/Did the entire BG check (or components of it??) always happen locally for applicants from outside Canada.

Does anyone know more on this?