+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received - does it matter which program?

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I got ITA (yay me!)

My profile met criteria for both FSW and CEC - the ITA I received says I am invited to apply through FSW. Does it matter which program you are invited through for Express Entry? Does it impact your chances of getting PR / processing times?

mohelmy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
confusedapplicant said:
I got ITA (yay me!)

My profile met criteria for both FSW and CEC - the ITA I received says I am invited to apply through FSW. Does it matter which program you are invited through for Express Entry? Does it impact your chances of getting PR / processing times?
In general, all those who qualify both programs revive ITA as FSW. The differences indeed are minor but mainly a POF is required for FSW applicant but not for CEC, as long as I understand.
Best wishes.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say CEC is much better than fsw as you don't need to show POF and work in a combination of NOCs

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POF : Proof of Funds

The Major difference is for FSW your international experience has to be continuous 1 yr (either full time or part time), but for CEC it can be non-continous Canadian exp

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
POF : Proof of Funds

The Major difference is for FSW your international experience has to be continuous 1 yr (either full time or part time), but for CEC it can be non-continous Canadian exp
So if I am a Non LMIA approved job offer from my current employer and the funds. Can I apply under FSW instead of CEC as I have a continuous 1 year work experience and no breaks.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taranjotwani said:
So if I am a Non LMIA approved job offer from my current employer and the funds. Can I apply under FSW instead of CEC as I have a continuous 1 year work experience and no breaks.
you don't get to choose. based on the details you submit, the system will determine what you're eligible for.

alex687

May 19, 2015
I got an ITA but before submitting my application for PR; I have question regarding my IELTS results. I took my IELTS result on 08th March 2014 and its getting expire on 8th March 2016. My profile is valid till Aug 2016. I would like to know would submitting my PR application with this IELTS result would be fine.

Secondly, if someone retakes IELTS, and if their old IELTS is still valid. Does the new IELTS supersedes the old one or he/she can still claim points for the old result if its valid.

Thanks