+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received, documents ready but confusion in claiming NOC requirements

anonywqs

Dec 9, 2020
Here is my situation:

I have all of my documents ready as I am about to upload them as I received my ITA on 18/11/2020.

Education: 2 or more degrees (ACCA Membership and BSc from Oxford Brookes) evaluated by WES.

Job started: 11/2014
Degrees attained: March 2018, both.

But I am stuck in a unique situation. I started working, relevant to NOC-1111 job in November 2014 which was way before I received my degrees (April and March of 2018) so I have claimed more than three years of experience along with the two degrees.

Should I be worried about the 3 years+ experience requirement as the application page has the question, "First became qualified to practice this occupation". I have tried to research for NOC-1111 requirements to practice the occupation but I am not able to get sufficient information on what would count as my first became qualified date. Should it be when I started my employment or when I received my bachelors degree? This is a weird situation as I tries to thoroughly research the experience requirements before starting my application and never came across any information on this question.

Should I go ahead with my application and explain the situation in a letter of explanation? I really don't know what to do now as I have completed all of my documentation.

Edit: I did receive an "Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business" in September 2016 from ACCA. WES requirements ask us to provide the highest degree which was the reason I did not get any ACCA diplomas certified. Should this be sufficient for NOC-1111 requirement if I apply for upgrading my WES report?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Here is my situation:

I have all of my documents ready as I am about to upload them as I received my ITA on 18/11/2020.

Education: 2 or more degrees (ACCA Membership and BSc from Oxford Brookes) evaluated by WES.

Job started: 11/2014
Degrees attained: March 2018, both.

But I am stuck in a unique situation. I started working, relevant to NOC-1111 job in November 2014 which was way before I received my degrees (April and March of 2018) so I have claimed more than three years of experience along with the two degrees.

Should I be worried about the 3 years+ experience requirement as the application page has the question, "First became qualified to practice this occupation". I have tried to research for NOC-1111 requirements to practice the occupation but I am not able to get sufficient information on what would count as my first became qualified date. Should it be when I started my employment or when I received my bachelors degree? This is a weird situation as I tries to thoroughly research the experience requirements before starting my application and never came across any information on this question.

Should I go ahead with my application and explain the situation in a letter of explanation? I really don't know what to do now as I have completed all of my documentation.

Edit: I did receive an "Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business" in September 2016 from ACCA. WES requirements ask us to provide the highest degree which was the reason I did not get any ACCA diplomas certified. Should this be sufficient for NOC-1111 requirement if I apply for upgrading my WES report?
ACCA diploma is fine. You can mention this in LOE if you want.

As far as date became qualified is concerned, the day you started working will work.