+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received but IELTS about to expire

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have received my ITA in yesterday's draw (My CRS score was 439). I am in a dilemma since my IELTS score is valid only till 18th April 2017. (I gave my IELTS on 18th April 2015). So should I accept the ITA considering that my IELTS is about to expire and I will have to reappear for it again? Also since I have 90 days to file my PR application, should I accept the ITA and prepare all the required documents and re-appear for my IELTS at the same time or should I decline the invitation and stay in the pool hoping to get ITA in the future draws?

Also my NOC is 2171. Can anyone let me know what are the job prospects for this NOC in Canada. Any particular province that I need to target.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RHK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I had exactly the similar situation. I accepted the ITA and attempt IELTS twice in the first 30 days.

I made it and was able to submit application within 90 days period. Give it a try, don't loose it because you can decline the invitation any time ....

Best of luck

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
RHK said:
I had exactly the similar situation. I accepted the ITA and attempt IELTS twice in the first 30 days.

I made it and was able to submit application within 90 days period. Give it a try, don't loose it because you can decline the invitation any time ....

Best of luck
Thanks for the information. So when you say that we can decline the invitation any time, does this mean that even if I accept the invitation now, I can decline it within 90 days if I feel that I won't be able to file my PR application? And do I still stay in the pool after declining the application?

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't take my word for it but I think I read somwhere in the published IRCC guidelines that if it expires between the day you received the ITA and the day you submit a complete application, you are still eligible. You might want to read up on that though.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
priyesh1986 said:
Thanks for the information. So when you say that we can decline the invitation any time, does this mean that even if I accept the invitation now, I can decline it within 90 days if I feel that I won't be able to file my PR application? And do I still stay in the pool after declining the application?
You never accept an invitation actually. You just continue the application. If you do not submit the eAPR within 90 days, then ITA becomes void. If you decline it within the 90 days period, you go back in to the pool and if you meet the CRS cutoff score in the next draw, you get an ITA again.

I hope this helps.

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You never accept an invitation actually. You just continue the application. If you do not submit the eAPR within 90 days, then ITA becomes void. If you decline it within the 90 days period, you go back in to the pool and if you meet the CRS cutoff score in the next draw, you get an ITA again.

I hope this helps.
Great...this surely helps. I am just confused regarding my IELTS validity and if I have to reappear for IELTS exam again. I had a score of 8.5 and I am not sure if I will get the same score again :(

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
priyesh1986 said:
Great...this surely helps. I am just confused regarding my IELTS validity and if I have to reappear for IELTS exam again. I had a score of 8.5 and I am not sure if I will get the same score again :(
If you submit your eAPR before 18th April, you will not need to re-take IELTS.

Feeshee

Jul 21, 2017
If you submit your eAPR before 18th April, you will not need to re-take IELTS.
Hi Maverick

Hope this message finds you well. If I may ask, would there be an issue (from IRCC in making a decision on a PR application) if the ILETS score expires after you have applied / submitted the application for the ITA?

If anyone can help me with this situation it would be really great. Many thanks in advance.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Maverick

Hope this message finds you well. If I may ask, would there be an issue (from IRCC in making a decision on a PR application) if the ILETS score expires after you have applied / submitted the application for the ITA?

If anyone can help me with this situation it would be really great. Many thanks in advance.
Hi, sorry for a late response. Expired IELTS will not be an issue once you get AOR after application submission.

Tatenda

Dec 27, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I got ITA with an academic IELTS and then I discovered that only general training IELTS is acceptable. I then booked for IELTS general training and I had a higher score than my academic IELTS. Can I proceed to submit my application and explain in the LOE or should I decline the invite and get into the pool again.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I got ITA with an academic IELTS and then I discovered that only general training IELTS is acceptable. I then booked for IELTS general training and I had a higher score than my academic IELTS. Can I proceed to submit my application and explain in the LOE or should I decline the invite and get into the pool again.
Update your profile to reflect the scores of the general test. If your scores on it were higher than the Academic, your CRS points will not drop. Include the updated test scores in the documents you upload via the Education section. Personally I would include a LoE explaining.

Awinda

Dec 1, 2021
Hello all. I received ITA on Dec 10th and am in the process of submitting my application. However, my IELTS results will expire in March 2022. My cut off date for submission of ITA application documents is February 2nd. I want to know if I need to retake the Ielts test...will my application be refused if I don't present new test results? Also, how long does it usually take from submission of ITA application documents till receipt of AOR?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello all. I received ITA on Dec 10th and am in the process of submitting my application. However, my IELTS results will expire in March 2022. My cut off date for submission of ITA application documents is February 2nd. I want to know if I need to retake the Ielts test...will my application be refused if I don't present new test results? Also, how long does it usually take from submission of ITA application documents till receipt of AOR?
You really brought to life a thread from the dead.

Awinda

Dec 1, 2021
@ElvisRamaj : I know. But I wasn't able to get a conclusive response from the replies to the queries I read. That's why I'm asking afresh. So please anyone with information should kindly respond.
"Hello all. I received ITA on Dec 10th and am in the process of submitting my application. However, my IELTS results will expire in March 2022. My cut off date for submission of ITA application documents is February 2nd. I want to know if I need to retake the Ielts test...will my application be refused if I don't present new test results? Also, how long does it usually take from submission of ITA application documents till receipt of AOR?"