+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA question about work experience & uploading documents - PLEASE HELP

Nisha_Patel

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hello all,

I have few question post ITA.

It will be really helpful if someone can answer to my doubts. Especially someone who already applied.

1) I am currently working full-time in Canada and I went to India to visit for 3 weeks. so Do I have to include that visit in Address History section or not?

2) I have been working in the IT company as a Software Developer in Canada for more than 1 year. I have a offer letter from the company. But Does [My Name] have a job offer in Canada? What I have to select in this - Yes or No? I already got an invitation. I don't need LMIA. I am not sure this question is for LMIA or just offer letter.

3) I worked in India for 1 year but I didn't include in Work History as I don't have all the proofs to verify this job. So when I had created Express Entry profile I didn't include that experience. But I informed CIC when I come to study from India on student visa that I worked there for 1 year. So Is it ok if I don't include this experience in Work History? Also, do I have to include this experience in Profile History? If Yes, Do I have to attached any documents in Letter of Explanation? Please advice.

4) I also worked for 4 months in Canada which was for 4 months work from home. Do I have to include in Work History. I have all the documents except for an employment letter. But I didn't include while creating Express Entry profile as it won't add any points to CRA score.

5) I did part-time work during study (Labour job). Do I have to include in Work History or Personal History? If yes, do I have to upload documents for this job?

Please advice.

I am so confused regarding above questions.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Nisha_Patel said:
Hello all,

I have few question post ITA.

It will be really helpful if someone can answer to my doubts. Especially someone who already applied.

1) I am currently working full-time in Canada and I went to India to visit for 3 weeks. so Do I have to include that visit in Address History section or not?

2) I have been working in the IT company as a Software Developer in Canada for more than 1 year. I have a offer letter from the company. But Does [My Name] have a job offer in Canada? What I have to select in this - Yes or No? I already got an invitation. I don't need LMIA. I am not sure this question is for LMIA or just offer letter.

3) I worked in India for 1 year but I didn't include in Work History as I don't have all the proofs to verify this job. So when I had created Express Entry profile I didn't include that experience. But I informed CIC when I come to study from India on student visa that I worked there for 1 year. So Is it ok if I don't include this experience in Work History? Also, do I have to include this experience in Profile History? If Yes, Do I have to attached any documents in Letter of Explanation? Please advice.

4) I also worked for 4 months in Canada which was for 4 months work from home. Do I have to include in Work History. I have all the documents except for an employment letter. But I didn't include while creating Express Entry profile as it won't add any points to CRA score.

5) I did part-time work during study (Labour job). Do I have to include in Work History or Personal History? If yes, do I have to upload documents for this job?

Please advice.

I am so confused regarding above questions.

Thanks,
Nisha Patel

1. you need not .
2. Select No . Valid job offer is explained here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29
3. You need to include only those work experiences for which you are claiming points for. You must include the 1 yr work experience in the personal history. You need not provide any proof but you can always leave a note in the letter of explanation saying that you didn't include this particular work exp in work history as you were not claiming any points for it.
4. you need not include it in work history . you have to include it in personal history if this was after the completion of your studies.
5. you need not list part time jobs you did while you were a student in work history or personal history. In personal history the activity corresponding to that period would be " educational " and give details such as name of program , name of institution etc

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question !

I was asked to upload my wife's proof of education even I didn't gain any points from it. Should I attach LOE instead?

Thanks,

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
omar_ahmed21 said:
Question !

I was asked to upload my wife's proof of education even I didn't gain any points from it. Should I attach LOE instead?

Thanks,
Attach her degree/diploma. In the LOE explain that you did not claim points so no ECA.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Attach her degree/diploma. In the LOE explain that you did not claim points so no ECA.
The reason I didn't claim her education points because her last name and spelling are incorrect and it's only worth of 2 points.

:-\

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Do you think I can go back and remove her education, so I won't have the option to upload anything!?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
omar_ahmed21 said:
The reason I didn't claim her education points because her last name and spelling are incorrect and it's only worth of 2 points.

:-\
It's worth 8 points, not 2! :)

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
It's worth 8 points, not 2! :)
Anyway I didn't bother to claim it since it has some errors and hard to fix.

What should I do now !