koprulz

May 23, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
So after thinking for couple of days, I'm planning to decline the invitation for following reasons:

1. I've mentioned my uncle as a relative from Canada but I can't produce his and my fathers birth certificate. I've their secondary school leaving certificates though.

2. I've mentioned that I would be bringing $20000 as POF but I can only manage $15000. In this case I don't have to even make gift deeds and related arrangements.

3. I've mentioned NOC which doesn't reflect my spouse profile. So I'll have to change the NOC code too.

With a score of 475, I think I will be considered in the subsequent rounds.

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
koprulz said:
So after thinking for couple of days, I'm planning to decline the invitation for following reasons:

1. I've mentioned my uncle as a relative from Canada but I can't produce his and my fathers birth certificate. I've their secondary school leaving certificates though.

2. I've mentioned that I would be bringing $20000 as POF but I can only manage $15000. In this case I don't have to even make gift deeds and related arrangements.

3. I've mentioned NOC which doesn't reflect my spouse profile. So I'll have to change the NOC code too.

Go ahead and decline, u will be getting ITA 9 out of 10 times in future
All the best

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
koprulz said:

You can edit the questionnaire with these same details after accepting the ITA. I don't think they care over these sort of discrepancies between pre-ITA profile and post-ITA questionnaire.

But if it's you and your wife without any kids yet, make sure you can show at least $15,143. :)

IMO I wouldn't go as far as to saying you are guaranteed an ITA in the future, although 475 is a good score, just think about it before declining. I would personally advise you to accept it and make the appropriate edits in the questionnaire.

For what it's worth, all my edits in my EE profile pre-ITA were junked and my APR had reverted to the first time I made my EE profile, right down to the wrong ECA organization, so I had to change that completely. I had to change it all anyway. :)

koprulz

May 23, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
Thanks for your thoughts and experiences. I declined it and still my score stands at 475. I am back in the pool too.

I was scared to make changes post-ITA hence took the extreme step of declining.

Thanks all!

femmebot

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for your thoughts and experiences. I declined it and still my score stands at 475. I am back in the pool too.

I was scared to make changes post-ITA hence took the extreme step of declining.

Thanks all!
hey @koprulz, how soon did you get the next ITA after declining the first one?

Jan 8, 2021
If we decline our ITA and update our profile immediately after the draw is announced, do we get the new ITA in the same draw?

As it anyways takes few hours to receive the ITA