20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi guys,

A question about the proof of funds letter.

I am planning to submit the application about 1 week before the deadline for the simple reason that I am waiting for the infamous FBI PC (it would not arrive in time for the application, so I plan to submit a note of application it its place. But for this reason, I felt it would be more sensible to wait till it's closer to the deadline).

Since I won't submit the application until mid January, do you think I should wait till January to get the POF letter? That way, the date on the POF letter would be more recent. If I get the letter now, the date on the letter would be this month, and I am worried that the officer might consider the document to be not recent enough.

What do you think? Am I overthinking this?

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ybjianada said:
Actually, I was wondering about the same thing. So the suggestion was to upload it with the document itself. I wonder whether it would be acceptable to do BOTH? Or would that be confusing to the processing officer?
The trick is not to over-think these stuff :). Remember, all what CIC is interested in is reading an explanation if one is needed. Whether you upload it along the relevant category or separately will have the same effect - it'll be read. It just makes more sense to attach the LOE right after the relevant piece of information you want clarified so your case is easier to understand. Uploading it in both is slightly an overkill and it'll create confusion.

I submitted my LOEs along the relevant documents. For the separate LOE upload slot I just submitted the LOE which takes about the spelling of my names (which relates to multiple documents in multiple categories).

Good luck!

ybjianada said:
Hi guys,

A question about the proof of funds letter.

I am planning to submit the application about 1 week before the deadline for the simple reason that I am waiting for the infamous FBI PC (it would not arrive in time for the application, so I plan to submit a note of application it its place. But for this reason, I felt it would be more sensible to wait till it's closer to the deadline).

Since I won't submit the application until mid January, do you think I should wait till January to get the POF letter? That way, the date on the POF letter would be more recent. If I get the letter now, the date on the letter would be this month, and I am worried that the officer might consider the document to be not recent enough.

What do you think? Am I overthinking this?
You're not - definitely get the POF letter in January if you can.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Ufa6174 said:
The trick is not to over-think these stuff :). Remember, all what CIC is interested in is reading an explanation if one is needed. Whether you upload it along the relevant category or separately will have the same effect - it'll be read. It just makes more sense to attach the LOE right after the relevant piece of information you want clarified so your case is easier to understand. Uploading it in both is slightly an overkill and it'll create confusion.

I submitted my LOEs along the relevant documents. For the separate LOE upload slot I just submitted the LOE which takes about the spelling of my names (which relates to multiple documents in multiple categories).

Good luck!

You're not - definitely get the POF letter in January if you can.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application will probably be ready for submission on Monday.
One of the problems that will face me before is how to compress pdfs to less than 4 Mb without losing too much in quality, since some of the scanned documents are numbering more than 15 pages in color.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
One of the problems that will face me before is how to compress pdfs to less than 4 Mb without losing too much in quality, since some of the scanned documents are numbering more than 15 pages in color.
I only ran into this problem in POF. 24 pages 90% of which coloured. Reached a dead-end in compression and still had 3-4 MBs to cut to be able to upload. So I converted the whole file to black and white, which is of course acceptable by CIC.

A quick search on "compress pdf" will give you many free websites where you can compress pdfs, rearrange pages, and convert colours.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
alex_dinou said:
Adobe gives you the option of saving a pdf files as a compressed pdf. That significantly lowers the size of the file and its how i got around the 4mb problem myself.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Adobe gives you the option of saving a pdf files as a compressed pdf. That significantly lowers the size of the file and its how i got around the 4mb problem myself.
It's strange. I got the professional version or whatever you call it on my work laptop but didn't find the option in "Save As". That's why I ended up using online tools. Was a pain the butt all the uploads and downloads to finally get it below 4 MBs!

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Ufa6174 said:
It's strange. I got the professional version or whatever you call it on my work laptop but didn't find the option in "Save As". That's why I ended up using online tools. Was a pain the butt all the uploads and downloads to finally get it below 4 MBs!
When I go to save as I have the option to choose pdf... Or reduced size pdf...

If you go with the reduced size option, you end up with a much smaller size file.

I am using adobe acrobat x pro for that.

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of Funds in the FD account

Hello people,

I have gone through all the required documents and I have managed to get the Gift Deed, Affidavits and Net Worth certificates.
I will be showing the required funds in my 3 different FD accounts and I do have a letter from the bank showing that as well.

No the question is, do I need to provide another letter showing the Current Balance and Avg Balance for 6 months of my Savings Bank account? I did manage to get a letter from the bank, but its not on a letterhead. It's a dot matrix printed paper with bank seal and everything. My main concern is the fact that this Saving Bank account has barely had any transactions in it and I've been keeping less than minimum balance in it for a while.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
ybjianada said:
Actually, I was wondering about the same thing. So the suggestion was to upload it with the document itself. I wonder whether it would be acceptable to do BOTH? Or would that be confusing to the processing officer?
well i uploaded separately. Lets see what happens :)

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. WES assessment came for me as "Postgraduate diploma (1 year)" for my masters degree.. and Bachelors Degree (four years) for my bachelors. So I've to choose the "Two or more degrees, diplomas" option, right?

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
number411 said:
I have a question. WES assessment came for me as "Postgraduate diploma (1 year)" for my masters degree.. and Bachelors Degree (four years) for my bachelors. So I've to choose the "Two or more degrees, diplomas" option, right?
Yes, you should do.
Best of luck!

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
crazydesifool said:
Hi, I am applying under CEC and yet the checklist asked me for Proof of funds, is it the same for others too? please reply.
Proof of funds is not required for Canadian Experience applicants.
Best of luck!

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
wimpy27 said:
Hi guys, I need some help, I hope someone can assist us.

Me and my wife gathered almost everything we need to submit. Our only problem is with the "proof of funds". The only thing that we got from our bank was this:

imgur. com/EC072OY

(The average amount sums more than enough in US Dollars - they just wouldn't do it in CAD, but a few people here said that this is not a problem)

Does anyone knows if this letter would be enough for them? If not, anyone would mind sharing what was the document they got to send so I could try to get something similar?

Thanks!
Having the POF in USD shouldn't be a problem at all. I think there some points you should consider:
1. The bank didn't show whether that the average was computed for 6 months.
2. I couldn't find the account opening date, account number

Best of luck!

Gego2

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2015
OhMyCanada! said:
Just an Update,...also a 21st Draw ITA recipient.

I submitted on 15-12.2015 and they requested Schedule 4 and 4A, which I uploaded yesterday 18th, and on the same day they also Passed my Medicals......let's keep praying guys, God works in wonderful ways......we will get there!

Cheers
That is cool, nice progress so far. You can share your timeline and updates at this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-december-2015-lets-get-together-t388644.0.html

Please enter your timeline input in the spreadsheet for AOR in December (you can find it in my signature).

Best of luck buddy ;)