+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Skills Suggsted in Canada

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
perukulla said:
can someone respond how is your experience of finding a job in telecom/networking fields in canada? what are the job sites or companies to look for?
what is the interview experience? will they consider if you apply before landing there? what is the format of resume to be prepared for applying for canadian companies? pls.....respond... i am from similar domain.
There are many famous job sites like monster.ca , Workopolis.ca, indeed.ca etc (many more you can find through google but your real friend will be LinkedIn and recruiters on it. Build a good looking profile on linkedin and add the local recruiters. Very few companies hire directly in Canada, most of them rely on recruiters to find them good resources and that's why recruiters will have information on more job openings. Recruiting agencies like Randstad and Kelly Services are also good resources to check. There are a ton of resources for creating effective resumes and profiles on internet so a simple google search will get you started.
On the other hand, don't count too much on the possibility of finding job before landing. Unless you are super skilled in some very niche domain, chances are you will not be hearing back from company or the recruiter as soon as they'll know you are not in country. In this competitive market, who would wanna take a chance on hiring someone who may or may not arrive in country when they can hire a person who is right here? Besides many jobs require background check that can only happen when you are registered with the system here (SIN etc.).
Few organization are offering some bridging programs to help newcomers in finding job. You'll find few here (http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/?page_id=1779) and can search for more as well.

adisu01

Apr 28, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-july-2014
Doc's Request.
Only passport copies and RPF requested
Nomination.....
12-nov-2014
IELTS Request
Completed - 6.5 Band
File Transfer...
No Update
Med's Request
10-jan-2014
Med's Done....
17-jan-2014
Interview........
Hopfully No
Passport Req..
4-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In 9 Months
LANDED..........
Hopefully in June
pk2ca said:
There are many famous job sites like monster.ca , Workopolis.ca, indeed.ca etc (many more you can find through google but your real friend will be LinkedIn and recruiters on it. Build a good looking profile on linkedin and add the local recruiters. Very few companies hire directly in Canada, most of them rely on recruiters to find them good resources and that's why recruiters will have information on more job openings. Recruiting agencies like Randstad and Kelly Services are also good resources to check. There are a ton of resources for creating effective resumes and profiles on internet so a simple google search will get you started.
On the other hand, don't count too much on the possibility of finding job before landing. Unless you are super skilled in some very niche domain, chances are you will not be hearing back from company or the recruiter as soon as they'll know you are not in country. In this competitive market, who would wanna take a chance on hiring someone who may or may not arrive in country when they can hire a person who is right here? Besides many jobs require background check that can only happen when you are registered with the system here (SIN etc.).
Few organization are offering some bridging programs to help newcomers in finding job. You'll find few here (http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/?page_id=1779) and can search for more as well.
dear pk2ca +1 for your input

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
walmzd said:
I remember that I applied for couple of jobs before, I guarantee my job. I was contacted from couple of them even before my landing, but all of them were confirming that I'm eligible to work in Canada.
The best sites to search for work are linkedin and indeed.ca

Regarding resume and interview, I believe nothing special related to canadian market.

The IP networking is in demand in Canada now a days, most of opportunities are in Ottawa, Toronto and Calgary. Again the most important factor is the experience, nobody will check your certificates or degrees!
walmzd,
thanks for your quick response bro. Are you in canada already and FSW2014 candidate. what was your timeline. Are you in similar domain as IP networking, if not what domain you are working in, pls give me more details about yourself bro. I am from teleceom/IP networking domain background precisely embedded sw development background not much of IP networking. How do you see about the opportunities for embedded sw folks?. +1 for your information and sharing.

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
pk2ca said:

pk2ca,
Really appreciate your inputs. can you let us know your timelines? are you already in canada and hunting for job? You are which domain working on. + for your information sharing.

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
adisu01 said:
dear pk2ca +1 for your input
perukulla said:
pk2ca,
Really appreciate your inputs. can you let us know your timelines? are you already in canada and hunting for job? You are which domain working on. + for your information sharing.
You welcome guys.

perukulla

I am on infrastructure side means server, virtualization, storage, desktop support, all that fun stuff :). I landed last year in August and fortunately, was able to find a job related to my domain.

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
Actually I landed on July 2013 and I'm currently living in Canada, my domain is IP/MPLS network design. I work in Kanata/Ottawa in the technology park.
For SW development domain, there are so many companies in ottawa hiring SW engineers, for example Cisco is investing in a big campus in Ottawa campus, they are moving a big part of of San Jose development to Ottawa. Check Cisco website, there plenty of related jobs!

perukulla said:
walmzd,
thanks for your quick response bro. Are you in canada already and FSW2014 candidate. what was your timeline. Are you in similar domain as IP networking, if not what domain you are working in, pls give me more details about yourself bro. I am from teleceom/IP networking domain background precisely embedded sw development background not much of IP networking. How do you see about the opportunities for embedded sw folks?. +1 for your information and sharing.

gravyflex

Oct 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER 03/2, CC 09/01
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17/03/2015
Med's Done....
02/04/2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/03/2015
Very useful info.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone received interview call or any kind of response from employers, when they apply through job sites like workopolis, indeed, monster, jobbank.gc.ca ?

I'm waiting for my ECA report from UToronto CES.

I'm applying in NOC 2281.

Should I apply to jobs from these sites, or go to Canada via temp work visa, and later apply for PR ?

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hi all,

I would like to know that can any one having an online courses certification like MS-office Or CCNA, without having and university degree of IT can find or do work in IT field ?

Is it compulsory for having a university degree for this job kind of job ?

I hold a university degree in Pharmacy but I have certification in IT, can any employer hire me in this criteria?

Since I can't work as a pharmacist because it requires a lengthy exams for about 3 years and after that I can do job as a pharmacist.

Thanks