+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It.s just an IDEA to share, we just need to work together !!!

Hany152

Apr 14, 2011
Some idea just came to my attention and I want to share it.

I do believe that the problem as a new immigrant is to find a job, most of us came to Canada and ready to practice any type of job just to live, some people do and live, some people spend money and get back home again disappointed.
Let's agree that we are all arrived to Canada with academic background, professional experience, and language, and some have more experience in more than one field.
I also do believe that most of us arrived to Canada with minimum 10000 CAD or even more to support himself or family for a short period of time.

My idea is, why as we are skilled worker can work together to establish a small business using our academic background and professional experience using our small money to produce small salary and let's say that our salary gonna be the minimum rate 8/hr ??? By this way we can work for ourselves and we can see our progress and success.

I mean using this forum, we can use our ideas, we can creat groups each group 10 persons these persons are combined together.

For example:
10 immigrants (new immigrants just came during the last 6 months +old immigrants came since a year or two and have much experience of the country). From the same town or same province, with amount of 100000 dollars, they can start a convenience store, a gas station, pizza, open an IT company,,,,etc. they won't get enough money but they will work together, and for each other, in a few years later each one of us will own his own business.

Guys, its just an idea and anyone is welcome to share and modify.
Yes we can do

wiz_kid

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
30-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
03-02-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-03-2012 (RPRF draft en-cashed 19-April-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2012 (DM since 26-April-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013
i will say noble idea and make sense.

But

The only challenge i see is Lack of trust,

Good Luck with it.

armaan.ahhmad

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I agree and support your ideas. I came to Canada 3 years ago and have a solid job by the grace of Allah. However, I am thinking to start something of my own on the side. I am in academics so I probably start a small academy for job-oriented courses. I also have a friend who is going to work with me on this. So what I am trying to say is that there are people who will go an extra step and take the risk to open their own business. Trust might be an issue to begin with, but people can meet few times before they start talking about business.

Hany152 said:

I do believe that the problem as a new immigrant is to find a job, most of us came to Canada and ready to practice any type of job just to live, some people do and live, some people spend money and get back home again disappointed.
Let's agree that we are all arrived to Canada with academic background, professional experience, and language, and some have more experience in more than one field.
I also do believe that most of us arrived to Canada with minimum 10000 CAD or even more to support himself or family for a short period of time.

My idea is, why as we are skilled worker can work together to establish a small business using our academic background and professional experience using our small money to produce small salary and let's say that our salary gonna be the minimum rate 8/hr ??? By this way we can work for ourselves and we can see our progress and success.

I mean using this forum, we can use our ideas, we can creat groups each group 10 persons these persons are combined together.

For example:
10 immigrants (new immigrants just came during the last 6 months +old immigrants came since a year or two and have much experience of the country). From the same town or same province, with amount of 100000 dollars, they can start a convenience store, a gas station, pizza, open an IT company,,,,etc. they won't get enough money but they will work together, and for each other, in a few years later each one of us will own his own business.

Yes we can do

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Good Idea but one point from my end if 10 person get to gether than profit will be also shared and the profit form such business will be enough for 10 person + their family?

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Vats said:
Good Idea but one point from my end if 10 person get to gether than profit will be also shared and the profit form such business will be enough for 10 person + their family?

(its not hard to open a say pizza store) and a pizza store makes enough money that it can help atleast 6-10 people to run their family in a good way.

I am not sure but i used to work at a pizza store in 2009 for a month (i got laid off so I just joined my friends pizza store, did deliveries)

they pay about $8 and hour to their employees (less then minimum wage and its on cash)

on a normal weekday there are always 1 driver, 1 pizza maker, 1 cashier and sometime 2 drivers (so say about 4 people at one time in a day) these all people make about $1600-$2500 including tips and salary (in one month of delivery i made about $2600 cash at that time).
so say an average of $2000 for each of these 4 guys.

on weekend we had about 7-9 guys at a time, friday, saturday and sunday we had like 2 cooks, 2 drivers, 2 cashiers during day and in the evening 3-4 drivers, 3 cooks and 2 cashiers and owner(my friend and his wife were there too for weekends) (Owner keeps the profit which is way more then salary of a cook or cashier) so if you all the profit is shared equally then every partner gets about $2500-$3000 cash in hand.
and if you are married then its a bonus because your wife can work on their education and other part time job and can make abou $1000 a month.

here you go count to upto $3500 average per family.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hany152 said:

For example:

Yes we can do
Good idea. There could be other small business possibilities to explore. Grocery store, cafe, clothing store, fitness club, buffet restaurant , house purchase-renovate-sale, motel, agricultural farming, resort, IT company etc. If purchase and sale are transparent, members are loyal to each other, sincere, innovative and trust worthy, chances are the business will succeed. Start forming a group with like minded people.

chahidkhan

Aug 14, 2014
Really a great idea to help each other and doing business . i prepare to move to start new business for Mobile Phone repair and unlocking and selling accessories , i looking for a partners , if any one interested let me know , it's really a great domain to make money i have a big experience to share with my partners , if anyone interested please let me know ..

Best Regards !

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
wiz_kid said:
i will say noble idea and make sense.

But

The only challenge i see is Lack of trust,

Good Luck with it.
hi is it so easy to start a business? I know as all skilled migrants hv some experience so they can start business on their expertise. But what about rules n regulation of Canada to start business? like trade license or other necessary documents

for example "Pizza"
what about food quality certificate? how to get it? whom to go? I don't think Canadian authority will allow anyone to just cook n sell pizza without proper food quality verification or safety certification. And don't they ask for any business license? (which even need for a 3rd world country although sometimes they can managed by bribe)

similarly for other business also

for clothing... what is the Canada custom's rules to release goods imported for small business. for example 1000 to 5000 pieces? do they just release like large buyer Walmart, JC penny...etc

same for other business also.

Hi with due respect I am not pessimistic but just highlighting other barrier which may be overcome through this discussion board....

Thanks admin to create such helpful group.

thanks

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
Hello White Hero

Incorporating Business is legal and simple in Canada you can even do it online.
depends on province different fees is involved.

about food certificate: if somebody goes for a franchise then company provided training and gives certificate as well.

no need to bribe.

everything is available online and also phone number and emails are available, I had an incorporation registered on my name before and now too, its easy and everything is available online.

for any kind of import export business there is a booklet and also if somebody is interested then government also helps you with information.

of course business can be started only after talking to each other and with a strong business plan.

if you think about any kind of business there is information available from government. there is risk involved in every business.. starting a business in Canada is not tough once you make your decision that what actually you want to do.

if you need any kind of information on any business let me know i might be able to help specially in Import/Export (I have done Post graduation in that), I have worked in Pizza, Managed gas station, i have opened my own incorporation and have experience of closing it too. business loan information can be found online too.

Syrus

White Hero

Aug 11, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-06-2015
Hi Syrus,

thanks for ur mail,

I have been working on clothing industry for 8Y+ as an industrial engineer along with efficient operational experience. And I can manage to source clothing along with proper take care of all the events to reach goods on Canada port by ensuring product quality. But need some expert to take care after that (release goods, manage transport, search potential customer, identify market segment, analyze market data to identify demands of particular product as hot cake etc. I can help partially on those issues but honestly still not confident like sourcing & production). In addition there are a lots of issues related with this chain along with some sensitive issues (I can share details pros n cons and details business plan with potential partner). BUT financing also a big challenge.
However if anyone interested with this idea lets start discuss through PM.

thanks

White Hero

navz143

May 7, 2012
Dear All,

I am currently working on a business venture with a team of entrepreneurs in helping companies such as Apple, Best Buy, Sears, Barnes & Noble, Office Depot, Dell etc. expand their market base using social media. Are you open to discussing business ideas outside of your regular job stream (without disturbing what you are doing currently)? Please let me know so that we could arrange to meet and discuss further.

Its an amazing opportunity. Don't miss that.

Please feel free to mail me on navz.toronto@gmail.com

Thank You

shri_boss

Jan 10, 2013
syrust said:
Hello White Hero

Incorporating Business is legal and simple in Canada you can even do it online.
depends on province different fees is involved.

about food certificate: if somebody goes for a franchise then company provided training and gives certificate as well.

no need to bribe.

everything is available online and also phone number and emails are available, I had an incorporation registered on my name before and now too, its easy and everything is available online.

for any kind of import export business there is a booklet and also if somebody is interested then government also helps you with information.

of course business can be started only after talking to each other and with a strong business plan.

if you think about any kind of business there is information available from government. there is risk involved in every business.. starting a business in Canada is not tough once you make your decision that what actually you want to do.

if you need any kind of information on any business let me know i might be able to help specially in Import/Export (I have done Post graduation in that), I have worked in Pizza, Managed gas station, i have opened my own incorporation and have experience of closing it too. business loan information can be found online too.

Syrus
Dear syrust,

Nice to see your postings. I'm a CEC PR application holder, and got COPR and at India now. I'm thinking to start a small business providing engineering design to manufacturing industries. Can you guide me to find some resources online, websites to register, rules and regulations etc.,?

Thanks in advance.

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
shri_boss said:
Dear syrust,

Nice to see your postings. I'm a CEC PR application holder, and got COPR and at India now. I'm thinking to start a small business providing engineering design to manufacturing industries. Can you guide me to find some resources online, websites to register, rules and regulations etc.,?

Thanks in advance.

Hey just saw your post, sorry for late reply

for providing Engineering design you need to either work as free lancer or if you want to work as a professional engineering designer then you can either work with some P.Eng or you need to be a P.Eng, because at the end they will need a stamp from P.Eng to approve the design. (I might be wrong, I am just giving this information over my head), I will have to talk to my friend who is a P.Eng and works in SNC lavalin. will reply soon.

syrus