Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
nomad_musafir said:
there is a saying in Hindi which roughly translates to "the husk also gets crushed along with the grain".
there seems to be tons of applicants applying for 0213 category irrespective of whether they have managerial experience or not, kinda like what happened with h1b in the us. officers evaluating such cases might be judging too strictly now, and subsequently rejecting some valid cases.

sorry to hear about your rejection. good luck with the appeal.
I kind of agree with your observation there, well said.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
If you appeal or request them to review, the same IO would be checking or someone else? If the same guy would do that then chance is very very slim, I have seen that Americans do support decisions made by thier colleagues, Canadians could be different.

ripon243

Sep 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing office was London.

My job description for my most recent position was as follows:

Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the EDP Variable Data function.
Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
Meet with clients to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
Assemble and manage teams of information systems personnel to design, develop, implement, operate and administer variable data function infrastructure.
Implement and improve efficiency in the budget, contracts and expenditures of the department including computer estimating and costing.
Use and develop computer management information systems.

this all r copying from website.

kabayanmoako

Feb 22, 2010
Hi Summerlong,

I think the IO rejected your application as you don't have BSc or Masteral degree. Besides, you copied most of the duties and responsibilities of 0213 posted on CIC website which gives negative impression from IO.

Below is what I got from one of the site:

The occupation of 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers comes under the category of 021 Managers in Engineering, Architecture, Science and Information Systems. This is a Middle level Management Occupation. This is one of the 38 professions required for Canadian Immigration.

Overview:

Computer and information systems managers plan, organize, direct, control and appraise the activities of associations and organizations that analyze, design, develop, implement, operate and manage computer and telecommunications networks, software, and information systems. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.

Main duties of 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers:

Computer and information systems managers perform some or all of the following duties:

1. Plan, organize, control, evaluate and direct the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies.

2. Develop and execute policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.

3. Meet with clients to talk about system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
Assemble and manage teams of information systems persons to design, develop, implement, operate and manage computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.

4. Control the financial plan and expenditures of the department, company or project.

5. Employ and oversee computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Employment requirements for 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers:

1. A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or engineering is usually required.

2. Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering, network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.

I

isysy

I'm hoping that this day will come and it did!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I just got an e-mail this morning from the embassy (Manila Visa office) that I'm on my next step!!! They mailed my medical instructions and Right for Permanent Residence fees last Feb 23!

However, they also mentioned that my wife needs US FBI clearance and Japan police clearance with-in 60 days, but I know we can get that settled.

Does this mean that we've made it? That I'm off the hook - having no BSc degree???
(I'm very positive that me and my wife will pass the medicals)

After reading this thread, I commented on post and told my wife about this and it made her cry. Just a few minutes ago, she was screaming filled with happiness.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isysy said:
I'm hoping that this day will come and it did!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I just got an e-mail this morning from the embassy (Manila Visa office) that I'm on my next step!!! They mailed my medical instructions and Right for Permanent Residence fees last Feb 23!

After reading this thread, I commented on post and told my wife about this and it made her cry. Just a few minutes ago, she was screaming filled with happiness.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »
Well done and many Congratulations.... Cheers!

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
isy plslet us know your timeline.

I

isysy

timeline...

Category: FSW1
Visa Office: Manila
NOC: 0213
July 20, 09 - Sent initial application to CIO NS
Sept 21, 09 - Received e-mail from NS to submit full documentation
Nov 11, 09 - Sent full documents to Manila Embassy
Dec 10, 09 - AOR received
Feb 23, 10 - Sent an e-mail to manila-im-inquiry@international.gc.ca
Feb 26, 10 - Received email that they've already sent medical request and RPRF last Feb 23
... still waiting for post mail. mailing takes 1 month - at it's best.

I

isysy

Got my medical request and RPRF letter!!! wohooooO!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I

isysy

I got my visa yesterday! ;D im moving to Canada next month

im writing to this thread coz it is memorable to me. My wife and I cried knowing that there are some 0213 applicants got denied even if they've got the AOR from CIC already...

anyways, FSW program got revised and 0213 is no longer in the list - but im writing now to share my case.

here are some facts on my application, which worked for me.
1. certificate of employment only reflects what's in 0213. I only submitted my last 6years, previous non-0213 related were mentioned in the form but no certification necessary.
2. submitted my vendor certifications, cisco, microsoft and several computer related certs.
3. college graduate for 0213 is NOT necessary. I've only submitted a high school diploma, and that's it! i took (non computer related) course in college for 2 years only. mentioned that in the form, but nothing else.

I

isysy

and I landed a good job... Above average salary, good benefits, good company and is one of Alberta's Top 50 Employers :)
my Canadian dream is starting to realize :-*

my wife and I cried when we first read this post. Looking back, this thread made us stronger :)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
What do you do in IT? Which department of IT youre specialized at?
share your job and its duties in Canada. it will help us a lot.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isysy said:
and I landed a good job... Above average salary, good benefits, good company and is one of Alberta's Top 50 Employers :)
my Canadian dream is starting to realize :-*

my wife and I cried when we first read this post. Looking back, this thread made us stronger :)
Congrats. You are motivation for lot of us

Can you please give us a detailed write up of what you did right and some mistakes that you think other can avoid and aslo IT area that you work in