+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Jobs in Canada(Specially: Toronto,Waterloo) or any State

vishav_suri

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to settle in Canada from India. I am working in a reputed IT company from 4 Years. I read alot about demand of IT sector in Ontario and BC. I need help in solving few of my doubts.

My questions are :
1. How difficult is to find a job in IT Sector in Canada?
2. What are the sources to find a job in canada?
3. How much difficult is to find a job in canada from India with Skype or other sources?

Please help me with some information?

Thanks in advance!

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Hi,

I am planning to settle in Canada from India. I am working in a reputed IT company from 4 Years. I read alot about demand of IT sector in Ontario and BC. I need help in solving few of my doubts.

My questions are :
2. What are the sources to find a job in canada?
3. How much difficult is to find a job in canada from India with Skype or other sources?

Thanks in advance!
>> It is very competitive. There are a lot of IT resources looking for job all the time. Timing is more important that Skills.
2. What are the sources to find a job in Canada?
>> Linkedin, Indeed, Workopolis.
3. How much difficult is to find a job in Canada from India with Skype or other sources?
>> Nearly impossible.
my 2 cents: do not apply directly on the career website of big organization. Go via an Agency like Ranstand, Robert Half, Modis, etc.

shahid7in

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Bangalore
Category........
Can I get job on visit visa ,'I am into IT field from India, looking to visit Canada on visit visa and stay in Canada

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi all,

Need an advice.

I have around 10 years experience in IT Desktop Support. But no professional certification. Is it mandatory to have certifications to get IT jobs in Canada, Ontario region ??

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Need an advice.

I have around 10 years experience in IT Desktop Support. But no professional certification. Is it mandatory to have certifications to get IT jobs in Canada, Ontario region ??
I am thinking of getting some myself. Normally It's not mandatory, but if you are competing for the same position with someone who has a bunch of them (and many years of experience like you), then you might have lost an opportunity...

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
I am thinking of getting some myself. Normally It's not mandatory, but if you are competing for the same position with someone who has a bunch of them (and many years of experience like you), then you might have lost an opportunity...
Got it @fotjon. What certifications are relevant in Ontario? I am looking for some desktop support or technical helpdesk jobs. Any inputs ?

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Got it @fotjon. What certifications are relevant in Ontario? I am looking for some desktop support or technical helpdesk jobs. Any inputs ?
I think that is in line with my NOC 2281 too. I would say something like CCNA, MSCA, A+, Network+, Security+ could be useful.

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
I think that is in line with my NOC 2281 too. I would say something like CCNA, MSCA, A+, Network+, Security+ could be useful.
thanks good to hear @fotjon Are you also in Toronto and how is the outlook of this NOC there.

I am thinking of A+ if certification really helps.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
thanks good to hear @fotjon Are you also in Toronto and how is the outlook of this NOC there.

I am thinking of A+ if certification really helps.
A+ and CCNA or Network+ is a good start, I guess. I am still planing to move, but in big cities like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver the outlook of any IT Noc should be good, hopefully.

Akoraouf

Aug 4, 2018
Hi guys
I am a software developer with more than five years experience and looking a job offer under BC PNP TECH PILOT, Is there anyone can help me?

ScottFiore

Dec 3, 2018
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
It is very competitive. There are a lot of IT resources looking for job all the time. Timing is more important that Skills.
Good Luck ;)