+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT job - SPousal Open WOrk Permit

star981

Oct 19, 2012
Hi,
I am on Spousal Open Work Permit here in Toronto.
Is it hard to find a IT job on this permit?
Can anybody please advise hows the situation? Are staffing companies not wiling to hire on this permit?
Any tips for the same would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

chunlee

Mar 23, 2013
Hi, i just want to know if there are updates regarding your inquiry, i also applied for a SOWP and have an IT background as well. I sent my application to some canadian companies last december, i did receive a call from one of them but i didnt pursue my application because it turned out i need to wait a bit longer as the WP processing takes a while... Though as per my experience it takes about 30 to 50 applications before one responds... I wish u luck on finding a job... And if its not too much to ask please do post updates. Thanks a bunch!

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
star981 said:
Hi,
I am on Spousal Open Work Permit here in Toronto.
Is it hard to find a IT job on this permit?
Can anybody please advise hows the situation? Are staffing companies not wiling to hire on this permit?
Any tips for the same would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
It depends on your platform/specialization. I arrived here in Montreal last December with SOWP. Around 3rd week of December I passed my resume to maybe 10 companies. The problem is, here in Montreal, most of them are looking for someone who is proficient in French. First week of February I got my job offer and the week after that I started with my first job here in Canada.

Be persistent and never ever give up. If you land a job in IT, you will not need to find another job just to make ends meet because IT jobs pay well. Best of luck to you :)