+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It is about IELTS

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
Recently I came to know IELTS is classified under 2 categories general and academic .Now I think in order to work and to apply for work permit one need to go through IELTS general category and not academic . Am I correct??
Another question in order to fulfill the requirements of Express Entry for Canada or other immigration programs what is the minimum IELTS band score one must achieve??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since you have a LMIA with a closed work permit, IELTS general would be the category.

What stream for EE or other immigration program? Different requirements for each. All on the IRCC website.

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
I still have nothing yet regarding processing documents for immigration to Canada I still do not have any LMIA or anything yet but I am considering to start my immigration procedure for Canada with a work visa.That is why I am considering to go for IELTS ya general(IELTS are 2 years valid always ) as thought before ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I still have nothing yet regarding processing documents for immigration to Canada I still do not have any LMIA or anything yet but I am considering to start my immigration procedure for Canada with a work visa.That is why I am considering to go for IELTS ya general(IELTS are 2 years valid always ) as thought before ??
For EE-FSW, you need CLB 7 in all sections of IELTS.