Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
Hey guys!

It's been a long while since I've been around. On April of 2013, I landed in Quebec and became a permanent resident after nearly a three years of research, file gathering, application filling, and waiting. I just want to reach out and encourage everyone who is currently stressed out over their application. I know it's hard and I know you feel like it will never end but I promise you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will all be worth it at the end.

It's been three years since I "moved" (as a visitor) in 2012, and I am just not to the point where I feel fully settled. I'm in school, have a job, live in a beautiful place, and have a really awesome life. Immigrating is very stressful and very tedious, and sometimes you feel like it's never going to end but I promise you that it does, and that you will be a better person because of it.

Cheers, loves!

Bonne Chance!

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
I needed this right now, there's still so much in front of us. Thank you <3 and I'm glad youre doing so well :)

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hnhkrk said:
Hey guys!

It's been a long while since I've been around. On April of 2013, I landed in Quebec and became a permanent resident after nearly a three years of research, file gathering, application filling, and waiting. I just want to reach out and encourage everyone who is currently stressed out over their application. I know it's hard and I know you feel like it will never end but I promise you, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will all be worth it at the end.

It's been three years since I "moved" (as a visitor) in 2012, and I am just not to the point where I feel fully settled. I'm in school, have a job, live in a beautiful place, and have a really awesome life. Immigrating is very stressful and very tedious, and sometimes you feel like it's never going to end but I promise you that it does, and that you will be a better person because of it.

Cheers, loves!

Bonne Chance!
Hnhkrk, so nice of you to share these positive thoughts, and offer words of encouragements. Good luck.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hnhkrk said:
Hey guys!

Cheers, loves!

Bonne Chance!
Thank you for this post! My bf (he is sponsoring me) and I submitted our common law inland application in July. We have never been so stressed before and it does seem like it goes on forever. Currently processing time for inland sponsorship is 26 months, and outland in UK is 28 months so we chose to do inland so we could be together and I could get an open work permit. I am also waiting for a visitor extension to bridge me over til I get my work permit although they are taking 4 months to process extensions so I will prob get my work permit before it, haha. But at least I have implied status. I cannot wait for this all to be over!!

I have a Q. If you were in Canada while you did your application, did you ever travel outside of Canada while it was processing? I was hoping to go back home and do an intensive 2 week driving course so I could get my license and swap it over here. But I have read that it's prob best not to leave as border control can be difficult and refuse you entry. It all seems a bit risky.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Thanks for this message, it is true. We spent so many years worrying for nothing, procrastinating gets you nowhere. If anyone is reading this and is still avoiding getting the process started, just do it! Nothing is worse than being in limbo.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
Merci pour les mots d'encouragement!

Glad to hear everything went well for you. And like you said, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
km9203 said:
and outland in UK is 28 months so we chose to do inland so we could be together and I could get an open work permit. I am also waiting for a visitor extension to
If you are a UK citizen, then that 28 months' time is misleading. The London office took on all of Islamabad's files, which instantly put the "80% complete" figure to its current figure. The London spreadsheet suggests that the actual current processing time is somewhere in the 9-12 month range.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
Hnhkrk said:
Hey guys!

Cheers, loves!

Bonne Chance!
I really needed this today. I was starting to feel that the waiting would never end. Although you put it into perspective. We submitted 4 months ago (April) and and still have 22 months to wait (Amman VO) Time seems to be going by slowly. I just want to be able to settle with my husband in Canada, It's so hard for my to live here and him being all the way in Turkey. Not only that but I feel bad that he has to re-do his dentistry degree from the beginning at the age of 30. It seems like so far away and that our lives are paused for a while but I know that we need to be patient and it will make our relationship grow.

Goodluck to everyone out there.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --&gt; Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
I'm glad that this words are helping some of you!

I wish that someone would have said something similar to me while I was stressed out over things that were exactly out of my control.

Remember, processing times are AVERAGES which include applications that have to be re-done and applications that end up rejected. Most cases are more simple and go through much faster. ;D

LittleDermo

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015--&gt; COPR received 15-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
km9203 said:
Thank you for this post! My bf (he is sponsoring me) and I submitted our common law inland application in July. We have never been so stressed before and it does seem like it goes on forever. Currently processing time for inland sponsorship is 26 months, and outland in UK is 28 months so we chose to do inland so we could be together and I could get an open work permit. I am also waiting for a visitor extension to bridge me over til I get my work permit although they are taking 4 months to process extensions so I will prob get my work permit before it, haha. But at least I have implied status. I cannot wait for this all to be over!!

I have a Q. If you were in Canada while you did your application, did you ever travel outside of Canada while it was processing? I was hoping to go back home and do an intensive 2 week driving course so I could get my license and swap it over here. But I have read that it's prob best not to leave as border control can be difficult and refuse you entry. It all seems a bit risky.
If you applied as an inland application I don't believe you are allowed to leave the country until the application process is complete. If you do it could put your whole application in jeopardy. If you did outland you could leave but from my understanding inland you aren't allowed to leave.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
km9203 said:
Currently processing time for inland sponsorship is 26 months, and outland in UK is 28 months so we chose to do inland so we could be together and I could get an open work permit.
The current processing time for London is an average of 12 Months and you will not be able to travel outside of Canada while your application is processing. I applied in December 2014 Outland and I am in process. They seem to be working on September and October 2014 at the moment.

blink1ate2

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
blink1ate2 said:
The current processing time for London is an average of 12 Months and you will not be able to travel outside of Canada while your application is processing INLAND. I applied in December 2014 Outland and I am in process. They seem to be working on September and October 2014 at the moment.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --&gt; Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
I did travel outside of the country, but I applied out land. I just renewed my "visa" when the 6 months were up.

If you applied inland, you don't have to renew your visa as you have implied status. If you leave the country when applying inland you risk your application getting thrown out.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Honestly, I needed this today. There are days when I am feeling positive and other days where I am so worried all I can think about is the immigration process.
It has been tough reading other people who have applied through the same VO (Port of Spain) and are being processed quickly. One applied a week after me and has completed the entire process.

It is hard sitting on pins and needles waiting for any kind of response. I was approved as a sponsor at the beginning of June but have had zero communication from the POS VO. Everyday I look for some sort of acknowledgement but there is always nothing. It is very hard being apart. I met my husband on line and am concerned that the visa office is taking so long. We got married very quickly 6 months after meeting but we are both in our 40s and have both been there done that and knew we wanted to be together. We have been with each other over 10 times on trips back and fourth but I get freaked out every time I read the forum and see all the horror stories!

So THANK YOU for you well wishes and encouragement.