24-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
Hello everyone,

I recently got my PR visa and I am planning to move to Canada in the coming months. I would like some of the forum members to help me understand how are the job prospects in IT Networking field.

I will give out some brief information about me which might help you better assess my situation. I have done my bachelors of engineering in "Electronics & Communication" with almost 6 years of experience in System/Network administration of which 4 years is in Healthcare. I am a Cisco certified network professional (CCNP - RnS) & MCITP (expired). I have some basic questions

1. what is the average salary scale for someone with 5-6 years of experience in System/Network administration?
2. Which city has got more opportunities in my field? ( Calgary, Toronto or Vancouver <--- this is my order of preference)
3. what are the major IT solutions companies, especially in IT infrastructure side?

TIA
sjasim

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjasim said:
Hello everyone,

I recently got my PR visa and I am planning to move to Canada in the coming months. I would like some of the forum members to help me understand how are the job prospects in IT Networking field.

I will give out some brief information about me which might help you better assess my situation. I have done my bachelors of engineering in "Electronics & Communication" with almost 6 years of experience in System/Network administration of which 4 years is in Healthcare. I am a Cisco certified network professional (CCNP - RnS) & MCITP (expired). I have some basic questions

1. what is the average salary scale for someone with 5-6 years of experience in System/Network administration?
2. Which city has got more opportunities in my field? ( Calgary, Toronto or Vancouver <--- this is my order of preference)
3. what are the major IT solutions companies, especially in IT infrastructure side?

TIA
sjasim
1. Only if you have 5 to 6 years of Canadian work experience, about 100k, otherwise you have to start with 40k
2. All 3 have good opportunities
3. Google is your uncle

sjasim

Star Member
Aug 17, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
newtone said:
1. Only if you have 5 to 6 years of Canadian work experience, about 100k, otherwise you have to start with 40k
2. All 3 have good opportunities
3. Google is your uncle
Thank you :)

Fukecas

Jan 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the poster above.

However recently we had a new guy start with amazing qualifications, he knew he was over qualified but was willing to take this role to get 'Canadian Experience'. he probably on the mid $60s right now but i'm sure he will leave us after a year or so and look to double that.